Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 5A Bracket Analysis

3 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Legends won't need depth..they have their single season rushing record holder at rb..one of the most sought after recruits in the country at wr..a massive line n a qb that can sling it..heck they even have a film crew following them (gr8 recruiting tool btw)..how the first game didn't end up in the 30's perplexes me..North side may blow it open in the 1st qtr..thats if the panthers can get past dwenger..we all know those cyo teams are built for october/November games..

You are making me worry now, more so than yesterday 🙂

2 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Can we agree that the legends amp up their game when it comes to snider..?I think 3 points separated them the last two games..what did luers and sparty do that they couldn't do against snider? First game jitters? Vanilla play calling?

Sure, they have played Snider tough the last couple years and I have repeatedly said the winner of Snider vs. North Side has an excellent shot of playing for a state title. I believe, from the games I have seen this year, that Snider is the better overall team. North certainly has some excellent, highly recruited players that are tough to stop, but I trust Snider’s defense more than I trust North Side’s defense.  As everyone says, both teams need to take care of business this week before worrying about a potential matchup. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Upsets happen every year in the tournament, but I have a better chance of replacing Shaquille Leonard in the Colts' starting lineup than Anderson does beating North Side on Friday.

Well, we almost saw a big upset last week with Columbia City vs Wayne…

I could see North getting caught sleepwalking at the start against Anderson and fall behind early but they should be able to turn that around quickly and cruise from there.

When it comes to a Snider-North rematch, I see it still being a close game. But in close games Special Teams, Discipline, and Coaching are all big factors and in those three areas Snider has a HUGE advantage

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IPFWFootball said:

I could see North getting caught sleepwalking at the start against Anderson and fall behind early but they should be able to turn that around quickly and cruise from there.

When it comes to a Snider-North rematch, I see it still being a close game. But in close games Special Teams, Discipline, and Coaching are all big factors and in those three areas Snider has a HUGE advantage

I agree with you about Snider have a big advantage in special teams and coaching against North Side, but I would argue having that advantage in discipline. Been watching the Panthers for 40+ years and their lack of discipline has hurt them countless times over the years…

18 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I agree with you about Snider have a big advantage in special teams and coaching against North Side, but I would argue having that advantage in discipline. Been watching the Panthers for 40+ years and their lack of discipline has hurt them countless times over the years…

If they repeat their penalty performance from game 1 in any of the possible next  two they will b blowin up basketballs sooner rather than later..

5 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

If they repeat their penalty performance from game 1 in any of the possible next  two they will b blowin up basketballs sooner rather than later..

I might be mistaken, but I'm not sure they had any penalties called on them against Luers. If they play continue to play that clean, they can go as far as they want. 

33 minutes ago, BTF said:

I might be mistaken, but I'm not sure they had any penalties called on them against Luers. If they play continue to play that clean, they can go as far as they want. 

I was referring to game 1 of Snider vs Northside..they seemed very "emotional " n the refs called it tight yet the panthers didn't do themselves any favors..I think they had 1 during the Luers game which kept the Knights alive early on..

• Like 1

What say all u SAC fans.. Is Dwenger better off staying in 5a for 2023 or goin to 4a?

According to the ISHAA news release on April 11 2022. Dwenger will b reevaluated for class  placement in 2023. Not having earned a point in 2022, looks lto me like they will hav a choice, as I assume the Dwenger Administrators will have input on this decision by the ISHAA Executive committee to re-evaluate Dwengers Class placement for 2023.

19 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

What say all u SAC fans.. Is Dwenger better off staying in 5a for 2023 or goin to 4a?

According to the ISHAA news release on April 11 2022. Dwenger will b reevaluated for class  placement in 2023. Not having earned a point in 2022, looks lto me like they will hav a choice, as I assume the Dwenger Administrators will have input on this decision by the ISHAA Executive committee to re-evaluate Dwengers Class placement for 2023.

Thinking the IHSAA would b happy to just leave it as it is.... 🤣

54 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Thinking the IHSAA would b happy to just leave it as it is.... 🤣

If history is any indication, the no-point issue also applied to both Chatard and Pioneer and they drop.  Pioneer exited in the first round of 1A, their enrollment home, this season.  Conversely, Chatard will be playing for a sectional championship in the Sectional of Death in 3A, their enrollment home.

image.png.25f0ecdd475bffb3986a3141a4227b0f.png

35 minutes ago, foxbat said:

If history is any indication, the no-point issue also applied to both Chatard and Pioneer and they drop.  Pioneer exited in the first round of 1A, their enrollment home, this season.  Conversely, Chatard will be playing for a sectional championship in the Sectional of Death in 3A, their enrollment home.

image.png.25f0ecdd475bffb3986a3141a4227b0f.png

Right... they had zero pts n were put back to enrollment... Dwenger Lcc had 1pt... not enuff to stay another 2 yrs... but still could get another pt in 2022 ..so they left em where they were.... n will reevaluate for 2023.   I think if Dwenger wanted to stay 5A the ISHAA would say fine! .. we won't resort adj sectionals ect.... not sure what the legal ramifications would b on the processes for petioning up... if they are still in place.  OR mayb the ISHAA will jus look at it n say... screw it... n leave em 5A... but they were the ones who left it open... so........ any thots???

14 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Right... they had zero pts n were put back to enrollment... Dwenger Lcc had 1pt... not enuff to stay another 2 yrs... but still could get another pt in 2022 ..so they left em where they were.... n will reevaluate for 2023.   I think if Dwenger wanted to stay 5A the ISHAA would say fine! .. we won't resort adj sectionals ect.... not sure what the legal ramifications would b on the processes for petioning up... if they are still in place.  OR mayb the ISHAA will jus look at it n say... screw it... n leave em 5A... but they were the ones who left it open... so........ any thots???

I think Dwenger would be wise to go back to 4A. I think the talent pool has dried up a bit and it would serve them well to play at the 4A level. Same for Snider when they were at the 6A level due to the success factor, playing school much larger is difficult. It is not impossible, but you better bring it come playoff time or you are going home.

I like Dwenger as a 4A program right now. When they dominate 4A, I'll wish them back to 5A.......it's human nature.

I have no problem with the Saints playing in the class that coincides with their enrollment. I would venture to guess that over 95% of their players come out of their feeder schools. 

Edited by BTF

12 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yeah...as Foxbat noted ... the no point issue was established with the reset... Dwenger got no points.... they will b 4A in 2023.  Kokomo 5A... if last  enrollment #s r used....

Sounds good to me. I like watching both Snider and Dwenger go deep in the tournament. 

• Like 1