Sign in to follow this  
Dawg Dline Coach

6A Sectional 8 thoughts

Anybody want to hazard a guess as to who the 4th team in Sectional 8 will be? My guess is Jeffersonville, New Albany, and Columbus North are locked in. I also know realize that smart money should probqably be on Center Grove as the #4 because they are not in Marion County. However, Southport, Perry Meridian or Franklin Central make more sense as far as travel time goes due to their closer proximity to Interstate 65. What do you think?

Edited by Dawg Dline Coach

I have a feeling it will be CG, and Southport, PM and FC will either be with WC or Tech

i think you will be right and it be CG, but i hope CG is in 7.  Perry and Southport are only about 10 miles from CG.  And they play on the same field

Edited by trojanmp52

My best guess on the south sectionals...

Sectional 5-Warren Central, LC, LN, NC

Sectional 6- Pike, Ben Davis, Avon, Brownsburg

Sectional 7-Perry Meridian, Southport, Franklin Central, Tech

Sectional 8-Center Grove, New Albany, Jeffersonville, Columbus North

Just a guess!  We will see how it all plays out soon!

I would say that looks perfect Coach. Sectional 4 looks easy to piece together with Noblesville, HSE, Fishers, and Carmel.

i think you will be right and it be CG, but i hope CG is in 7.  Perry and Southport are only about 10 miles from CG.  And they play on the same field

I can't imagine anyone in 8 will be happy about travel, especially when CG plays Jeff or NA. Wherever it's played, someone's not going to be happy!

And anybody who plays PM or Spothport late in the year knows what that field will be like! When I was at Bloomington North, we played both PM and SP at their field that year, Sp in Week 8. To call the field rough would be kind! I know they do the best they can but that sod takes a beating!

I can't imagine anyone in 8 will be happy about travel, especially when CG plays Jeff or NA. Wherever it's played, someone's not going to be happy!

And anybody who plays PM or Spothport late in the year knows what that field will be like! When I was at Bloomington North, we played both PM and SP at their field that year, Sp in Week 8. To call the field rough would be kind! I know they do the best they can but that sod takes a beating!

Field turf in the process on Southports Football Field!!! Ohhh --- And Perry's Field!! haha

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Coach! If any stadium in the state deserves turf, it's yours. It's a very nice facility, I didn't mean to throw mud (pun intended!) but I don't have to tell you what it can be like near the end of the season! I was with Bl. North in 2010, which was one of the driest seasons I can remember, and the field was pretty iffy. I'm happy for you guys!

CG making some nice renovations to Ray Skillman Stadium by putting down some new field turf.  Was the first high school in the state to have field turf and it was time for a replacement.

Go Trojans!

CG making some nice renovations to Ray Skillman Stadium by putting down some new field turf. Was the first high school in the state to have field turf and it was time for a replacement.

Go Trojans!

Are they upgrading the visitor stands? Those are the smallest stands for a school of its size I have ever seen.
  • Upvote 1

Are they upgrading the visitor stands? Those are the smallest stands for a school of its size I have ever seen.

most nights they are not even  close to being full, so there is not big need to upgrade them.

Edited by trojanmp52
  • Downvote 1

most nights they are not even close to being full, so there is not big need to upgrade them.

Lol ok. Well maybe next time you play at someone else's place they should limit your fans to only about 1/3 of the visiting stands. Warren fills them Carmel fills them LC and pike will def fill them.

• Upvote 2

Lol ok. Well maybe next time you play at someone else's place they should limit your fans to only about 1/3 of the visiting stands. Warren fills them Carmel fills them LC and pike will def fill them.

Here is my thinking and only mine and  i might be wrong and have been wrong before, but why spend the money for beleachers that are not even 2/3 full on mosts games, you might have them full  one or two games a year.  With money as tight as it is i would think that money could be spent on other things.  Now if they where full every game  or more than not i could see spending the money.  And i do pray that CG is Sec.7

I hear your concern and don't disagree...there used to be twice the amount of stands on the visitor side.  That being said, there are a ton of end zone seats...usually more than enough for any additional visitor seating needed. Most complexes do not offer end zone seating. The only time I see overflow is for the Carmel game and for county rival Whiteland.  To be fair Warren, I don't see the visitor stands filled for Warren or any other MIC team except Carmel.  Castle brought a ton of people and they took about half of the end zone seats.  So while not typically a capacity issue, I do concur and would like to see more visitor stands. 

Consider sharing your concerns with the administration...may mean more to them hearing from a visiting fan than from us locals.

If you've used an IU Health facility, you're helping pay for the new field turf. Perhaps IU Health would throw in some new stands?

I wonder how the folks in Carmel and Tipton feel about helping subsidize Center Grove's new turf?

Edited by gonzoron

If you've used an IU Health facility, you're helping pay for the new field turf. Perhaps IU Health would throw in some new stands if they get a few more MRI's?

I wonder how the folks in Carmel and Tipton feel about helping subsidize Center Grove's new turf?

Not sure...how do folks feel when they buy Coke, use Lucas Oil, drink a beer, buy insurance, make investments with a company, buy a car, eat fast food, etc?  Vast majority of professional venues and a large number of collegiate venues have sponsors.  How should you feel when companies make donations to political candidates, to various communities, etc, etc if you invest in their products and services.

I guess if it upsets you or anyone else, they can always go to other hospital networks besides IU.  But you may want to research them as well to see where they may place to funds in their local communities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you've used an IU Health facility, you're helping pay for the new field turf. Perhaps IU Health would throw in some new stands?

i am sure i have,  eating or shoped at business that support schools other then CG.

Congratulations Coach! If any stadium in the state deserves turf, it's yours. It's a very nice facility, I didn't mean to throw mud (pun intended!) but I don't have to tell you what it can be like near the end of the season! I was with Bl. North in 2010, which was one of the driest seasons I can remember, and the field was pretty iffy. I'm happy for you guys!

Ray Skillman Field at Perry Stadium is looking really good if I may say so..

2013-06-16-16-08-56-1-1.jpg2013-06-16-15-55-44-1-1.jpg

2013-06-16-16-08-56-1-1.jpg

2013-06-16-15-55-44-1-1.jpg

post-240-0-09290700-1371412719_thumb.jpg

post-240-0-26512100-1371412735_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ray Skillman Field at Perry Stadium is looking really good if I may say so..

attachicon.gif2013-06-16-16-08-56-1-1.jpgattachicon.gif2013-06-16-15-55-44-1-1.jpg

Nice...

Myself and another member of the crew had you last season at Franklin Central (Saturday lightning make up)...and may I suggest that THAT field could use turf also. 

Good Luck to the Cardinals in 2013.   

Sorry, hey TD.... I'm back!! Greyhounds looking forward to seeing you in week 3 as usual! Good luck to you guys this year...

I wished there was a new state law requiring any shared field to be Field Turf (or something like that) I know there's probably too many "complications" for that to happen though.  :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

Sorry, hey TD.... I'm back!! Greyhounds looking forward to seeing you in week 3 as usual! Good luck to you guys this year...

Same to you Hound...where have you been?  Glad to have you back!