Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills (6-4) @ Charlestown (10-0)

HH vs Charlestown

94cbd57f-fb24-424c-827e-3a7923c4c2bd.png
S.gif

Friday, October 28th

6:30 pm CST Kickoff

**EARLY KICKOFF**

@ Charlestown High School - Dutch Reis Field

S.gif

HISTORY OF THE MATCHUP

Heritage Hills (6-4) @ Charlestown (10-0)

Charlestown High School - Dutch Reis Field

Friday, October 28, 2022

6:30 pm CST Kickoff **EARLY KICKOFF**

This is the 6th meeting between Heritage Hills and Charlestown. 

Heritage Hills leads the overall series 4-1.

This season, the Charlestown Pirates are averaging 39.3 ppg and giving up 15.9 ppg, while the Patriots are averaging 34.8 ppg and giving up 16.2 ppg.

FOR THE RECORD

1996 Regional

Heritage Hills 62, Charlestown 14

2007 Sectional

Heritage Hills 42, Charlestown 24

2008 Sectional

Heritage Hills 32, Charlestown 6

2014 Regional

Heritage Hills 28, Charlestown 7

2015 Sectional

Charlestown 39, Heritage Hills 37

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Does Charleston still have that 4 star 6’8 350 OT or did he already graduate?

Isn't he at Kentucky now?  I believe he graduated last year.

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

….I didn’t even realize Charlestown is 10-0….and @hhpatriot04has Charlestown as 3.5 point underdogs lol

Indeed, I saw that and also found it a bit odd.

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

Apparently Charlestown won via forfiet due to ineligible player. Disregard

Once again, dear WWFan, you are correct.  Providence has beaten the Class A #5 Kentucky team, lost to the #9 Class A KY team on a last second pass, and lost to North Harrison after they got the ball to the 2 yard line in the last minute.  Plus the forfeit loss.  Makes Chucktown 10-0.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Charlestown has had mostly bad luck against the PAC, no? (said in French accent...not real French...Pepé Le Pew French).

The one loss we had against them in 2015 was unfortunate.  We were up pretty big, controversial call.....blah, blah.....

The bigger problem was that Kenton Crews was sick in that game and hacking his guts up in the huddle.  Dude was not well.  All in the past, need to focus on Friday and getting the W.   I want a rematch against Southridge in the Jungle.

8 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Kenton Crews was sick in that game and hacking his guts up in the huddle.

I have many stories about “digestive upsets” during games. 🤮🤢

I was working a short wing position in an NAIA playoff game in Findlay, OH. A player headed for my sideline between plays, and he was wobbling quite a bit. When he got within about 6 ft. of me, he went down into a face plant. I started toward him … and he looked up and projectile vomited all over my shoes! I’m not sure what the pregame meal was, but my best guess was Taco Bell. 🤣

• Haha 3

I know Providence has a solid squad - but I have a hard time believing a team that lost to 1A Providence will give HH trouble. 

28 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

The one loss we had against them in 2015 was unfortunate.  We were up pretty big, controversial call.....blah, blah.....

The bigger problem was that Kenton Crews was sick in that game and hacking his guts up in the huddle.  Dude was not well.  All in the past, need to focus on Friday and getting the W.   I want a rematch against Southridge in the Jungle.

Duly noted...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog15 said:

HH wins.  Strength of schedule.

I didn’t think there was that much difference but maxpreps/sagarin/massey all favor HH schedule by a lot more over Charlestown

what I never understood…Charlestown is not far from Louisville and Cincy….and yet they don’t bother with games from those metros 

idk maybe I’m talking out of my rear but I feel like Charlestown is a program that is routinely pretty good but they could take it another step if they did something with their schedule.  Same with Btown central 

• Like 1

Charlestown has some good speed and talent this year; however have battled some linemen injuries that have made some odd games more challenging.  Charlestown should have never lost to Providence (regardless of the forfeit); however that's a long story.  This group of guys seem to really get up for big games (especially against local rivalries); and become a bit lazy against easier (on paper) competition.  Hopefully they all realize its not win or turn your pads in.  The Pirates are celebrating 50 years of football this season and have high hopes; but we will see Friday night.  Charlestown will also always battle strength of schedule experience issues; as long as they remain in the MSC, it is what it is.  Personally, I always look forward to playing HH, they are a classy program that exposes exactly how good you think you are.  If its not a close good game Friday night, I will be greatly surprised and disappointed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PirateForLife said:

Charlestown has some good speed and talent this year; however have battled some linemen injuries that have made some odd games more challenging.  Charlestown should have never lost to Providence (regardless of the forfeit); however that's a long story.  This group of guys seem to really get up for big games (especially against local rivalries); and become a bit lazy against easier (on paper) competition.  Hopefully they all realize its not win or turn your pads in.  The Pirates are celebrating 50 years of football this season and have high hopes; but we will see Friday night.  Charlestown will also always battle strength of schedule experience issues; as long as they remain in the MSC, it is what it is.  Personally, I always look forward to playing HH, they are a classy program that exposes exactly how good you think you are.  If its not a close good game Friday night, I will be greatly surprised and disappointed.

Indeed.  It doesn't seem like it has been 7 years since we last played.  I am looking forward to what I'm hoping will be an excellent game.  It appears you all have a solid team this year.

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I didn’t think there was that much difference but maxpreps/sagarin/massey all favor HH schedule by a lot more over Charlestown

what I never understood…Charlestown is not far from Louisville and Cincy….and yet they don’t bother with games from those metros 

idk maybe I’m talking out of my rear but I feel like Charlestown is a program that is routinely pretty good but they could take it another step if they did something with their schedule.  Same with Btown central 

Hard for them when up until this year or last every MSC only had 1 non conference game. Clarksville going independent has helped alot of those schools in scheduling but some are just having that contract about to expire. See what Charlestown does once that is done. I do agree with you and they do. I feel Silver Creek has made most of their Non conference adding Floyd and Jeff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Hard for them when up until this year or last every MSC only had 1 non conference game. Clarksville going independent has helped alot of those schools in scheduling but some are just having that contract about to expire. See what Charlestown does once that is done. I do agree with you and they do. I feel Silver Creek has made most of their Non conference adding Floyd and Jeff. 

I just know that MSC while it doesn’t have a favorable record vs the PAC….they sure do give the PAC good games with great teams…and if they can just find a way to be better than their PAC opponents they could easily find themselves at LOS.

i think the PAC has had 3 different teams in the last 5 years make it to the state finals…2 championships with 5 trips to semi state? So the idea is if they can beat the PAC they can make it to the state championship 

29 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I just know that MSC while it doesn’t have a favorable record vs the PAC….they sure do give the PAC good games with great teams…and if they can just find a way to be better than their PAC opponents they could easily find themselves at LOS.

i think the PAC has had 3 different teams in the last 5 years make it to the state finals…2 championships with 5 trips to semi state? So the idea is if they can beat the PAC they can make it to the state championship 

I agree but I do think sos is some of it. Since 2004 MSC had Pekin, Scottsburg, and Silver Creek add football. That's not helping even tho it appears SC is possibly at least trending right direction. I just love when MSC plays in tourny as they are looked over and the threads are generally fun to read. Even if they lose most some of the wins are so entertaining. Brownstowns 30-7 win over Memorial in 2016 regionals was an amazing thread. But yes I agree. They have to find a way to get over the hump. In our thread we talk all the time how Pekin should move to PLAC. Would give teams the ability to schedule much better. Especially SC, Btown, and chucktown