Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A #1 New Palestine at #2 Roncalli

7 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

this game was dominated on both lines of scrimmage by the Rebels.  period.

Congrats to Roncalli.

I am kind of stunned how one sided it was on the line of scrimmage

The NP QB and his scrambling and passing to Thacker  kept NP in the game when the running game was not working.  

NP should be very strong next year when the RB comes back from injury.  

6 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I am kind of stunned how one sided it was on the line of scrimmage

The NP QB and his scrambling and passing to Thacker  kept NP in the game when the running game was not working.  

NP should be very strong next year when the RB comes back from injury.  

Not so sure, they lose a very strong senior class, including four starters on the OL and all three starting LB.  I think NP probably takes a step back next year.  They have a really good freshman class.

NP lost starting RB two weeks ago, starting CB last week, and had an OL go down in practice this week and played on a bad leg.  But honestly, I'm not sure it would have made a difference.

Edited by CaptainHook

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Not so sure, they lose a very strong senior class, including four starters on the OL.  I think NP probably takes a step back next year.  They have a really good freshman class.

NP lost starting RB two weeks ago, starting CB last week, and had on OL go down in practice this week and played on a bad leg.  But honestly, I'm not sure it would have made a difference.

Roncalli takes a huge step back next year as does Brebeuf (according to one of their fans I talked to here ) .  I think next year is all East Central unless Evansville Reitz figures it out.   

1 minute ago, fenderbender said:

Roncalli takes a huge step back next year as does Brebeuf (according to one of their fans I talked to here ) .  I think next year is all East Central unless Evansville Reitz figures it out.   

IF it ends up as a Reitz/EC regional, that would be a fun game to watch 

19 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

57!

However, if you would have told me we would hold them to 20 points, I'd probably have been ok with that.  The Dragons couldn't get anything sustained vs their defense.

Four turnovers on downs - three inside the 35 yard line (and twice on fourth-and-1). Just struggled to sustain anything offensively tonight. Congrats to Roncalli - their line dominated the game and they should be fitting themselves for rings in two weeks. It's a shame geography meant this game was played this week instead of on Thanksgiving weekend.  

Next season starts tomorrow. NP graduates a huge, talented senior class but has a very good freshman and eighth grade group. Will have to replace 4/5 of the offensive line, the QB and the top two receivers on offense, as well as the entire LB corps on defense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Four turnovers on downs - three inside the 35 yard line (and twice on fourth-and-1). Just struggled to sustain anything offensively tonight. Congrats to Roncalli - their line dominated the game and they should be fitting themselves for rings in two weeks. It's a shame geography meant this game was played this week instead of on Thanksgiving weekend.  

Next season starts tomorrow. NP graduates a huge, talented senior class but has a very good freshman and eighth grade group. Will have to replace 4/5 of the offensive line, the QB and the top two receivers on offense, as well as the entire LB corps on defense. 

What an insult to EC.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tango said:
25 minutes ago, tango said:

I wouldn't pencil in Reitz in a Regional until they actually win more than 2 games in a Sectional.. 

True, they just seem to have a lot of talent on O and decent size on their lines.    That’s why my comment is that they have to figure out who they are and how to win. 

6 hours ago, tango said:

I agree. EC is a helluva football team and Roncalli was lucky to get the W the first time around.

Not sure I’d use the word “lucky” but you are still on point.

The only thing we have in many instances when comparing teams is the transitive property.

Roncalli won at EC by 1…beat New Pal by 14.

We were all sold a bill of goods (myself included) that it was a two team race in 4A…EC has been undervalued all season.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not sure I’d use the word “lucky” but you are still on point.

The only thing we have in many instances when comparing teams is the transitive property.

Roncalli won at EC by 1…beat New Pal by 14.

We were all sold a bill of goods (myself included) that it was a two team race in 4A…EC has been undervalued all season.

I’m a fan of both EC and Roncalli but EC probably should have won that earlier game this year.  Lots of self-inflicted injuries by EC in that game.  In my opinion, NP, Roncalli and EC are far and away the top 3 teams in 4A (with, apparently, Brebeuf not too far behind).  The South continues its domination of 4A.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

I’m a fan of both EC and Roncalli but EC probably should have won that earlier game this year.  Lots of self-inflicted injuries by EC in that game.  In my opinion, NP, Roncalli and EC are far and away the top 3 teams in 4A (with, apparently, Brebeuf not too far behind).  The South continues its domination of 4A.

Glad I could drag you out of the shadows! Always good to see all is well and Lysander posting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

image.thumb.jpeg.98b068497a12897919e72c3c95d3daed.jpegIt sure looks like this was a fumble. Not sure it makes a difference, at 14-7…but should have had the opportunity.

Cannot make that call from a still photo. That’s clip #130 of the Hudl video? It hasn’t been shared with the IFOA yet, or I’d have access to it. PM me if you can share it with me, and I’ll give you the e-mail I use for Hudl. Better yet, have the coaching staff share it with the IFOA.

46 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

image.thumb.jpeg.98b068497a12897919e72c3c95d3daed.jpegIt sure looks like this was a fumble. Not sure it makes a difference, at 14-7…but should have had the opportunity.

I’ve seen both this clip and the sideline Hudl view. Neither is helpful. You can’t see most of the runner’s body on the end zone view, and the sideline view is from the opposite side of the field. The runner’s body is between the camera and the football. The one thing I did notice was that the linesman is coming in about to make a very emphatic “down” signal, and he had a better view than either of the video angles. I don’t think there’s much of a controversy here.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1