Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lafayette Jeff at Cathedral

I was notified yesterday that this game will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium.  No further details, only that it will take place opening night on August 18th.  No time was indicated or whether there will be another game that nigh, I would presume that to be the case though.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Will the IHSAA/Champions Network be free tomorrow night for this game?  I have some old friends who want to see the game but can't get downtown.

Should be.  Typically public executions are free.

Lord, I apologize for that there!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

No faith in the local boys? 

Despite being Catholic, sometimes faith is understanding that what CAN be seen is what to bet the smart money on.

Last season Jeff lost to Cathedral 43-12 at home.  I haven't seen or heard anything that says, in comparison to last season's match-up,  that Jeff is significantly better or Cathedral is significantly worse.

13 hours ago, foxbat said:

Despite being Catholic, sometimes faith is understanding that what CAN be seen is what to bet the smart money on.

Last season Jeff lost to Cathedral 43-12 at home.  I haven't seen or heard anything that says, in comparison to last season's match-up,  that Jeff is significantly better or Cathedral is significantly worse.

I think it will be about the same as last year.  I think Cathedral wins 42-14.

14 hours ago, foxbat said:

Didn’t Jeff hang for a last year?

2 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Didn’t Jeff hang for a last year?

Score was 22-0 at the end of 1Q and 29-6 at the half.  Jeff scored their first TD with about 5 minutes left in first half and second one with about 6 minutes left in second half.  Given three TDs and a safety in the first quarter, it almost looks like Cathedral started subbing earlier in the game instead of waiting until end of 3rd quarter.

11 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Score was 22-0 at the end of 1Q and 29-6 at the half.  Jeff scored their first TD with about 5 minutes left in first half and second one with about 6 minutes left in second half.  Given three TDs and a safety in the first quarter, it almost looks like Cathedral started subbing earlier in the game instead of waiting until end of 3rd quarter.

I must’ve been on a smoke break with Dusty.🌳

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I must’ve been on a smoke break with Dusty.🌳

Right around the 4:20 mark of the first quarter? 😃

• Haha 1

It was a shame that the Bronchos were without their starting RB and QB.  That's tough to overcome.

Final score Cathedral 55, Lafayette Jeff 14.  It was 35-0 at halftime and with the running clock in the 2nd half, even the officials forgot to change ends after the 3rd quarter.  The running clock goes real fast.  In a way it's a shame because a lot of young players lost the chance for more varsity minutes.

Good luck to Jeff the rest of the season!  It sounds like at least their starting QB should be back soon.

No offense to Jeff but I didn't see this game much of measuring stick for the Irish given the circumstances.    Same could have been said for Brownsburg given they rolled FW Dwenger 51-7 last night.

Irish travel to face the Bulldogs next Friday so will be epic early-season classic with #2 vs #4.

6A is an absolute beast this year.   I am watching the Westfield vs. NewPal game this morning on TV and it isn't even a game, 30-0 going into 4th quarter.