Ben Davis:  6.5

Carmel:  5.5

Center Grove:  6.5

Lawrence Central:  4.5

Lawrence North:  4.5

North Central:  1.5

Pike:  2.5

Warren Central:  5.5

Solid number on BD. I could see the Giants winning up to 8 games though if things fall right. Lots of good experience coming back, but I think 6.5 is a reasonable guess.

21 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Not sure what to think of the “MIC” this year…I will not be following as close as I have in years past. Maybe in the near future when CG or Carmel gets voted back in I will pick up my interest for this league.

I’ll admit, the MIC is kinda bleh these days.

Too bad adults had to get caught up in their feelings…

• 1 month later...

I see BD coming out on top and possibly undefeated in the MIC. I see LC taking the second spot. Then a toss up between WC and LN. Pike and then NC. If we are including Carmel and CG I see them at two and three, but a possible upset of LC over Carmel. But BD is my pick to win 6A this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 10:50 AM, temptation said:

What do you say?

Ben Davis:  6.5

Carmel:  5.5

Center Grove:  6.5

Lawrence Central:  4.5

Lawrence North:  4.5

North Central:  1.5

Pike:  2.5

Warren Central:  5.5

Figured after week 5 we would revisit these…

Ben Davis will hit the over.

Carmel will end at 5 or 6…still in question.

Center Grove will hit the over.

Lawrence Central will likely be under.

Lawrence North will hit the over.

North Central will be under.

Pike will likely be under.

Warren will be under.

• 5 weeks later...

Final Results:

Ben Davis (8-1) OVER…an historic season thus far for the Giants with one (understandable) blemish on the resume…great first season for Coach Mann…get undefeated Brownsburg home to start the tournament in what should be the best game of the year to date

Most likely end to their season:  (11-2)…a loss to Center Grove in the semi state round

Carmel: (5-4) UNDER…no doubt a disappointing season on the north side of Indy and one might think the heat is getting turned up…a true changing of the guard contest as the Hounds host up and coming Westfield in round 1

Most likely end to their season:  (5-5)…a loss to Westfield in the opening round of sectionals 

Center Grove:  (8-1) OVER…truly embarrassed I exaggerated the possible decline of CG though their out of state opponents (outside of St. Ed’s) turned out to be not as formidable as predicted…a shot at history for the Trojans and I’ve learned not to bet against them.

Most likely end to their season:  (13-1) with a victory in the state title game

Lawrence Central (4-5) UNDER…a roller coaster season for the Bears as they lost their township battle and lost to neighboring rival Warren before ending with a win over Carmel…a chance to avenge the loss to LN as the tournament begins.

Most likely end to their season:  (4-6) with a loss to Lawrence North in the opening round of sectionals

Lawrence North (6-3) OVER…a FG away from 7-2 and had CG locked in a tight one late, plus a win over LC is a banner year at LN…had one bad Friday as they were rolled by BD but many teams were

Most likely end to their season:  (7-4) with a loss to Cathedral in the sectional championship game

North Central: (0-9) UNDER…a season to forget on 86th Street under new leadership…tough schedule notwithstanding, the lack of competitiveness in their losses is most concerning…

Most likely end to their season:  (0-10) with a loss to Cathedral in the opening round of sectionals

Pike:  (2-7) UNDER…about what I expected on the northwest side as Pike beat the two teams they were expected to and were outclassed by the rest of their schedule…a chance at a third win is not out of the question as they drew Avon in the opening round

Most likely end to their season:  (2-8) with a loss to Avon in the opening round of sectionals

Warren Central:  (3-6) UNDER…panic time on the east side and the warning signs were there from week 1…QB getting hurt against BD did not help matters as they were forced to turn to a freshman…still should advance to a regional showdown with CG though the Perry game could be interesting for a bit

Most likely end to their season:  (5-7) with a loss to Center Grove in the regional 

Edited by temptation