Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

9 hours ago, temptation said:

You misspelled cringiest.

C'mon Temp, you can admit it, you're a smart guy. It's hard to ignore how he turned ND around and what he accomplished despite being limited to recruiting only smart kids. I hope Georgia and Alabama are ready, because LSU is coming. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

C'mon Temp, you can admit it, you're a smart guy. It's hard to ignore how he turned ND around and what he accomplished despite being limited to recruiting only smart kids. I hope Georgia and Alabama are ready, because LSU is coming. 

Yeah, deep down you’re right but still cringy.

I’d bring up the lift incident but @Bobref would get triggered.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

The NCAA just cancelled their agreement with Harbaugh to suspend him for 4 games and will go to the Infractions Committee after the season.

Have to think this is Harbaugh’s last season at Michigan and will go out Pete Carroll style.

Jim called their bluff and will gladly accept all apologies.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Nobody’s subscribing to the Chicago Tribune to view the results of ND’s “internal investigation.”

Here. Save you the price of the subscription. If you need any of the big words in the report explained, I’m happy to help. 😂🤣

https://www.nd.edu/assets/docs/notre-dame-investigation-report.pdf

Edited by Bobref

20 hours ago, temptation said:

Jim called their bluff and will gladly accept all apologies.

there is no apology coming....penalties merely delayed.  Shame his memory is suffering.  Hope he's ok.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/jim-harbaugh-now-expected-to-coach-entire-2023-season-as-ncaa-investigation-into-michigan-continues/

Needing only the approval of the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, the deal "is now off," according to Yahoo Sports. The program's NCAA case will continue through the disciplinary system. According to Sports Illustrated, the Committee on Infractions rejected the negotiated resolution

"The Michigan infractions case is related to impermissible and off-campus recruiting during the COVID-19 dead period and impermissible coaching activities -- not a cheeseburger," the NCAA said in a statement, referencing Harbaugh's alleged hamburger purchase for a recruit.

Harbaugh is accused of providing false or misleading information to the NCAA during an investigation into alleged recruiting violations made in 2021 during an extended recruiting dead period stemming from COVID-19. 

The NCAA alleges Harbaugh lied to investigators during an initial meeting about the violations. Dishonesty to investigators is a separate Level I violation in the NCAA's rulebook. It appeared as if the parties were headed towards a resolution in the matter earlier this year; however, while those negotiations were ongoing, Harbaugh refused to sign a document admitting that he was dishonest during that first meeting.

The Wolverines coach has consistently maintained that he was not purposefully dishonest and claims he did not remember the events that led to the recruiting violations. Harbaugh's penalty will almost assuredly be harsher than what it would have been if the NCAA believed he cooperated from the onset as all four violations were of the Level II variety.

32 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Here. Save you the price of the subscription. If you need any of the big words in the report explained, I’m happy to help. 😂🤣

https://www.nd.edu/assets/docs/notre-dame-investigation-report.pdf

Meh, still “ an internal investigation.”

whenever I investigate myself, I always excuse myself of any wrongdoing…

9 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

there is no apology coming....penalties merely delayed.  Shame his memory is suffering.  Hope he's ok.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/jim-harbaugh-now-expected-to-coach-entire-2023-season-as-ncaa-investigation-into-michigan-continues/

Needing only the approval of the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, the deal "is now off," according to Yahoo Sports. The program's NCAA case will continue through the disciplinary system. According to Sports Illustrated, the Committee on Infractions rejected the negotiated resolution

"The Michigan infractions case is related to impermissible and off-campus recruiting during the COVID-19 dead period and impermissible coaching activities -- not a cheeseburger," the NCAA said in a statement, referencing Harbaugh's alleged hamburger purchase for a recruit.

Harbaugh is accused of providing false or misleading information to the NCAA during an investigation into alleged recruiting violations made in 2021 during an extended recruiting dead period stemming from COVID-19. 

The NCAA alleges Harbaugh lied to investigators during an initial meeting about the violations. Dishonesty to investigators is a separate Level I violation in the NCAA's rulebook. It appeared as if the parties were headed towards a resolution in the matter earlier this year; however, while those negotiations were ongoing, Harbaugh refused to sign a document admitting that he was dishonest during that first meeting.

The Wolverines coach has consistently maintained that he was not purposefully dishonest and claims he did not remember the events that led to the recruiting violations. Harbaugh's penalty will almost assuredly be harsher than what it would have been if the NCAA believed he cooperated from the onset as all four violations were of the Level II variety.

“Just admit you are lying and we will only give you a four game suspension.”

“Nope.”

“Ok, we will revisit this later young man.”

As I correctly predicted above, the NCAA comes out of this looking far worse than Jim.  They expected him to bend over and grab his ankles without a shred of evidence.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Tell me why Declan was the only one who knew the wind gusts “could potentially” approach 60mph that day?

That’s unacceptable.

There’s a lot about it that was unacceptable, as the “internal” investigation clearly showed.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

There’s a lot about it that was unacceptable, as the “internal” investigation clearly showed.

And who was the head man in charge, making more money than anyone on campus again?

Isn’t Pat Fitzgerald currently getting roasted for not knowing everything that was going on inside his program?

Regardless of the “investigation’s” results, the buck stops with Kelly.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

And who was the head man in charge, making more money than anyone on campus again?

Isn’t Pat Fitzgerald currently getting roasted for not knowing everything that was going on inside his program?

Regardless of the “investigation’s” results, the buck stops with Kelly.

Moot.

8 hours ago, temptation said:

As I correctly predicted above, the NCAA comes out of this looking far worse than Jim.  They expected him to bend over and grab his ankles without a shred of evidence.

He agreed to the punishment lol. 4 games (against nobodies) for allegedly lying to NCAA investigators, which has gotten multiple coaches fired and in some cases show-cause penalties, was best case scenario for Harbaugh. The infractions committee isn’t rejecting the agreement put in place and walking away. They want blood.

This is akin to the prosecutor pulling a plea deal at the 11th hour. Prosecutors don’t pull plea deals and then drop the case altogether.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

He agreed to the punishment lol. 4 games (against nobodies) for allegedly lying to NCAA investigators, which has gotten multiple coaches fired and in some cases show-cause penalties, was best case scenario for Harbaugh. The infractions committee isn’t rejecting the agreement put in place and walking away. They want blood.

This is akin to the prosecutor pulling a plea deal at the 11th hour. Prosecutors don’t pull plea deals and then drop the case altogether.

Guess they’d better win the title this year then.

17 hours ago, temptation said:

Meh, still “ an internal investigation.”

whenever I investigate myself, I always excuse myself of any wrongdoing…

“Just admit you are lying and we will only give you a four game suspension.”

“Nope.”

“Ok, we will revisit this later young man.”

Your comprehension on this issue seems a "tad jaded".  The quote from the NCAA specifically trashed your hamburger theory.

Young man? Hardly

image.png.b23e540d398ed582692cda35cf75e21f.png

Edited by Bash Riprock

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Your comprehension on this issue seems a "tad jaded".  The quote from the NCAA specifically trashed your hamburger theory.

Young man? Hardly

image.png.b23e540d398ed582692cda35cf75e21f.png

Eh, likely.  I will concede that point but I am not going to sit here and carry water for the NCAA...if Tennessee and others did not get "blood" as @Footballking16 refers to it, I think the spineless NCAA will fold here.  Tom Mars doesn't lose often.

Also, do we live in a world where fast food bags full of cash being handed out (as long as you are honest about it) gets a slap on the wrist whereas "lying" about contact during a COVID dead period in which rules were changing by the minute (Harbaugh has yet to concede that he lied by the way) gets throttled?

C'mon.  I am not the only one that has my head in the sand here.