Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFD Dandy Dozen 3A

• 2 weeks later...

I watched BCHS scrimmage HSE on Friday. I certainly hope the HSE was sitting some of their offensive and defensive players because their first team O didn’t score against the Trojan First D and their D gave up 3 scores to the Trojans first O. If HSE played their full squad then it says a whole lot about one of these two teams. Either BCHS is going to be trouble or HSE is in trouble. 

I know HSE sat their top O-lineman and only played their top RB & WR one series each (only threw to their top WR one time).  So their offense is probably a lot better than what they showed.   But BCHS impressed me.   Great senior class.   Big test against Brebeuf on Friday.

Guerin Catholic is in Chatard sectional. The toughest 3A games Chatard has played often is Guerin and/or Marian. 

Just now, ragdoll said:

Guerin Catholic is in Chatard sectional. The toughest 3A games Chatard has played often is Guerin and/or Marian. 

Outside of the Memorial battles. 

On 8/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, WCGrad92 said:

interested

I'll preface this by saying I'm not an expert on all 12 teams (who is?) and my thoughts are mostly based on last season and program history.

Thinking TW should be on the 2nd line and not the 3rd.

Danville and Marian both coming off of subpar seasons but I'd be surprised if one or both don't bounce back to be a top ten team this season as they have been over the past decade.

A few teams on this list will benefit from playing weaker schedule and probably end up with good records and a decent ranking by the end of the season but I don't think they'll be as strong as some other teams that will play better competition and not end up ranked in the top ten.  

On 8/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, gonzoron said:

The rest of the sectional is just Indians and wildlife.

Used to be devils in there with the Catholics.  The Sectional of Death is a lot less scary with West Lafayette and Brebeuf out of there.

Wasn’t sure what to make of Chatard after their scrimmage against last week, but last night they got punched in the mouth pretty quick (down 13-0) and responded with 42 unanswered points.  They’ll be a hard out for anyone in the tournament.

From just a couple of games last night in this area, the 3A rankings should shake up although they likely won't.  5A Harrison, after a slow first half offensively, thoroughly ended up mauling West Lafayette 42-6.  Might contribute that to a class difference, but last season WL beat Harrison 27-14, pitching a shutout in the second half at LOS and, for the past decade most likely would have been the favorite or even odds against the Raiders.  While Harrison only put up a pair of field goals in the first half, that was more than enough given that the defense had WL's number all night.  West Lafayette was only able to muster 85 yards rushing for the night and just crested 100 yards passing by the end of the game.  In another thread someone mentioned that West Lafayette lost a lot of players, but WL always loses a lot of players every season and I haven't seen this kind of dropoff.  Based on last night's game, which certainly can be an anomaly as a single data point, I'm thinking the IFD #4 ranking is too high.

Guerin beat 5A McCutcheon 18-10 last night in an away game.  I didn't see the game, but last year the score was 45-21.  Granted, for the last five years, McCutcheon has played Guerin tight, even managing a win back in OT back in 2018.  Given that McCutcheon finished 3-8 last season ... with their three wins coming against Muncie Central, Indianapolis Tech, and Marion who went a combined 5-25 with Muncie accounting for 4 of the 5 wins ... it makes the IFD #6 rating seems high until more data comes in based on Guerin escaping Lafayette with a win.

On 8/19/2023 at 6:24 AM, Tin Cup said:

Wasn’t sure what to make of Chatard after their scrimmage against last week, but last night they got punched in the mouth pretty quick (down 13-0) and responded with 42 unanswered points.  They’ll be a hard out for anyone in the tournament.

Brebeuff just looked like they didn’t want to be there after the second quarter. Not sure if it was the heat or the beat. Their QB has a nice, strong arm (not a lot of touch) and they have some decent skill guys (13, 17 and 25) but not much else. Giving up 600 yards I think is more about the trenches. BCs OL is just large this year. They might run for 300 every week.