Crispus Attucks at Wayne

Northridge at North Side

Brownsburg over Dwenger - This game will be closer than most expect

Carmel over Homestead - Greyhounds by multiple scores

Carroll over HSE - Chargers still searching for respect

Scecina over Concordia - Close game

East Noble over Luers - Should be a tight game

New Haven over Northrop - Bulldogs appear to be dangerous

Warren Central over Snider - Mega school on an upswing, that's tough to overcome

South Side over Marion - New coach, new attitude, Archers 1-0

Wayne over Crispus Attucks - Overlooking Attucks would be a huge mistake

North Side over Northridge - Legends need to be prepared to get hit back in this one, could be close

Brownsburg at Dwenger - Dwenger

Carmel at Homestead - Carmel

Carroll at Hamilton SE - Carroll

Concordia at Scecina - Scecina

Luers at East Noble - EN

Northrop at New Haven - New Haven

Snider at Warren Central - WC

South Side at Marion - South Side

Crispus Attucks at Wayne - Wayne

Northridge at North Side - North side

Brownsburg-Dwenger - Credit to BD for putting maybe the toughest out of conference schedule together, but think this one will be ugly early...Brownsburg by 28

Carmel-Homestead - We could call this the "Cake Eater" Bowl, Carmel may be on a mission after a down year..Carmel by 24

Carroll-HSE - Fun rematch of Semi-State, think Carroll sends a message that they are still for real...Chargers by 5

Scecina-Concordia - Think this will be a good matchup for Concordia to keep on the schedule long term. But this will be the start for a rough year for them...Scecina by 14

East Noble- Luers - Really fun matchup, local game of the week in my opinion..Luers by 7

New Haven-Northrop -New Haven is the most intriguing team in the area to me this year lets see how this offense looks...New Haven by 21

Warren Central-Snider - WC also looking to bounce back from a down year. Think is this game is played at the end of the year Snider is in a better spot to win...WC by 16

South Side-Marion - Huge positive for the new open schedule is a program like South getting a game like this on their schedule, should set help the tone in rebuilding a respectable program regardless of outcome..Archers by 2

Wayne-Crispus Attucks - Every year we hear how frisky Wayne is, this team may actually fit the billing...Wayne by 11

North Side-Northridge - No Tae or King this week hurts, interested to see how the new QB looks running the offense, time for North to defend their hype...Legends by 3

3 minutes ago, IPFWFootball said:

Scecina-Concordia - Think this will be a good matchup for Concordia to keep on the schedule long term. But this will be the start for a rough year for them...Scecina by 14

North Side-Northridge - No Tae or King this week hurts, interested to see how the new QB looks running the offense, time for North to defend their hype...Legends by 3

I heard Concordia struggled in the scrimmage vs East Noble, but some coaches don't play scrimmages to "win." Why no optimism for the Cadets this year?

No Tae or King? Upset special of the week?

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

I heard Concordia struggled in the scrimmage vs East Noble, but some coaches don't play scrimmages to "win." Why no optimism for the Cadets this year?

No Tae or King? Upset special of the week?

From what I've heard, they are young and obviously have no one to fill the giant hole Washington left as their main offensive playmaker. On paper South and Wayne may be their only winnable games, but I feel South has some more optimism and if Wayne lives up to some of the hype this year makes it even tougher.

And yeah saw Blitz report that on Twitter about the injuries, makes it a lot tougher without your two D1 guys. I am curious if we would have seen them dressed if it was still the Week 1 Snider matchup of years past

Brownsburg at Dwenger

Carmel at Homestead

Carroll at Hamilton SE

Concordia at Scecina

Luers at East Noble 

Northrop at New Haven

Snider at Warren Central

South Side at Marion

Crispus Attucks at Wayne

Northridge at North Side

Brownsburg at Dwenger

Carmel at Homestead

Carroll at Hamilton SE

Concordia at Scecina

Luers at East Noble 

Northrop at New Haven

Snider at Warren Central

South Side at Marion

Crispus Attucks at Wayne

Northridge at North Side

Brownsburg at Bishop Dwenger - The Saints may have one of the toughest first five weeks in the state, excluding Center Grove's nightmare schedule. Coach Garrett's squad has lots of questions to answer, and it seem this year is trail by fire. Dawgs start the season by testing the tranches with their two-headed backfield. Brownsburg by 31

Carmel at Homestead - A lot of people are overlooking this game but I think it could (key word here) be interesting. Both teams are coming off of disappointing seasons that showed potential. Both teams graduated a ton of talent that leaves a lot of questions on the field. History says that the Greyhounds should have this one, but I think Sparty could make this one closer than some think. Carmel by 14

Carroll at Hamilton Southeastern - In a class that has been dominated by the South, teams in the North usually know they have to go through one of three teams: Penn, Carmel, or Westfield. With all of those teams having "down years" last season (Penn has been down for a while now), it opened the gates for some new players to establish themselves. The Royals and the Chargers both return key talents to their teams and look to solidify their status as true contenders. Jimmy Sullivan enters his junior season looking to do what a Fort Wayne team has never done: win a 6A title. That journey starts in in Fishers this Friday. Expect fireworks. HSE by 3

Concordia at Scecina - The Cadets saw the return of head coach Tim Manningel last season as he tries to recreate the magic of his 2016 state run. The Crusaders, however, are a consistent 2A program, if nothing else. Their last two years saw back-to-back 10+ win seasons. I agree with @IPFWFootball and think this is a great challenge for the Cadets to schedule on repeat. Scecina by 17

Luers at East Noble - The Knights of the Fort Wayne variety were hit by the graduation/transfer hammer harder than any other team in the area. The Knights of the Kendallville variety, however, are building off a young team from last year. Both of these teams will be exciting to watch over the coming years, but Coach Lindsay's team is in for the long haul this year. East Noble by 21

Northrop at New Haven - The Bulldogs have arguably the best player in the state on their team, alongside a skills room full of electric players on the offensive side of the ball. Their trenches, however, seem to leave much to be desired. Coach Bowen could start the Bruins' season off with a solid win with his "Leadership Council" if he is able to put pressure on the Bulldogs' QB. New Haven by 14

Snider at Warren Central - The Panthers are on the path of reestablishing themselves as the team to beat in the SAC. This year's team should be reminiscent of years past with a run-heavy offense. Whether star running back DeAlcapon Veazy is going to play is yet to be seen, but he could possibly be the key this team needs. The Warriors are also looking to recall dominance of years past with a stacked, but relatively young, team. This will be a game that sets the tone for both teams going forward this season. Warren Central by 10

South Side at Marion - New culture for the Archers comes in the form of new HC Andre Goodwell. Can he bring a very young Archers' team out of the depths of the SAC? The challenge starts with the Giants. South Side by 7

Crispus Attucks at Wayne - I honestly might know the least about this Generals' team out of all the SAC teams this year. However, I do know that Coach Haydock has likely been scheming in his mad science lab all summer, and should have some fun in store for us. Wayne by 21

CLK's Game of the Week: Northridge at North Side - My personal game of the week. With all eyes in Fishers on the HSE/Carroll game, I think this one is going to be electric. If above stated rumors are to be believed, the Legends will be without two of their star players. This levels the playing field for the Raiders. Both team were able to score on nearly everyone they played last year, so we should see the scoreboard light up on Friday. However, I think the Legends will show that they have just as much of a shot at the Victory Bell as Carroll or Snider this year. North Side by 24

I think the real story this week is that the new open schedule in the SAC has shown just how desperate the we were to play some Indy schools. With over half the conference scheduling teams from the loop area, we will set a baseline for the years-old FWA/IND debate. While I have the Fort losing most of these matchups, I believe this week is going to be the most exciting and electric week this city has seen in a while. I would love to see a Fort Wayne/Region/Indy rotation in the coming years, specifically the DAC/MIC/HCC/SAC all scheduling matchups against one another. Football is here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

"Whether star running back DeAlcapon Veazy is going to play is yet to be seen"

Has he changed his mind? I thought Football was not in his plans this year. Has he been practicing?

I don’t know for certain, I just know it hasn’t been 100% confirmed if he is sitting out this season or not. Just the unconfirmed (but usually reliable) rumors from Blitz.

8 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

I don’t know for certain, I just know it hasn’t been 100% confirmed if he is sitting out this season or not. Just the unconfirmed (but usually reliable) rumors from Blitz.

I read on here that he moved out of state. Want to say Iowa or Colorado. Was focusing on wrestling. Second thought it may have been on Twitter.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:51 PM, NE8_Fan said:

Brownsburg at Dwenger

Carmel at Homestead

Carroll at Hamilton SE

Concordia at Scecina

Luers at East Noble 

Northrop at New Haven

Snider at Warren Central

South Side at Marion

Crispus Attucks at Wayne

Northridge at North Side

Brownsburg 49 - Dwenger 7 - Tough opening 5 game stretch for the Saints