Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

St. Edward v. Center Grove

18 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Just curious. Since you have BD #1 and Cathedral #2 this week. What would your prediction be in a game this Friday between BD and Cathedral, at BD?

Man, I dunno.  That’s a great question.  I really wanna believe this is the year for some parity in 6A and after 1 week you could make the argument that the top 6 in my poll are separated by a razor thin margin.

As for your specific question, I’m hearing Jeff wasn’t at full strength (not that I think it would have mattered) and the jury is still out on Moeller as I flipped back and forth between that game and Snider/Warren.  I wasn’t impressed with Moeller’s O line despite the fact that Marshall ran for 150+.

I think I’d take BD by single digits with the right to change my mind up until kickoff, lol.

letsgobigmoe.com had Marshall with 120 net rushing yards and 75 of those yards came on the second play of the game when he got outside and then made an awesome move on a BD defender on the 15 yard line to get into the endzone. After that he only had 45 yards. In my opinion it was the swarming BD defense more than the Moeller OL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

letsgobigmoe.com had Marshall with 120 net rushing yards and 75 of those yards came on the second play of the game when he got outside and then made an awesome move on a BD defender on the 15 yard line to get into the endzone. After that he only had 45 yards. In my opinion it was the swarming BD defense more than the Moeller OL.

Had 165 all purpose yards but your point still stands.

Same question to you…you’ve been bullish on BD and even used the world “clearly”.

How many points better than Cathedral are they in your book?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Had 165 all purpose yards but your point still stands.

Same question to you…you’ve been bullish on BD and even used the world “clearly”.

How many points better than Cathedral are they in your book?

I would go with BD 42 - Irish 21

Ignoring my better Judgment, I will provide just a couple of MY reasons behind that score. These are my opinions, for what it is worth, and I am not challenging anybody’s else’s opinions.
I see BD shutting down Irish rushing game making them one dimensional. I don’t think Irish OL can handle the pressure that BD would bring. Irish have a very good QB  that can make BD pay for their aggressive defense, thus the Irish 21 points. As, for the Irish defense I don’t see them any better than Moellers, thus the BD 42 points.  BD has:  good QB, good RB, fast receivers, team speed, relentlessly attacks the ball, … 

29 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

I would go with BD 42 - Irish 21

Ignoring my better Judgment, I will provide just a couple of MY reasons behind that score. These are my opinions, for what it is worth, and I am not challenging anybody’s else’s opinions.
I see BD shutting down Irish rushing game making them one dimensional. I don’t think Irish OL can handle the pressure that BD would bring. Irish have a very good QB  that can make BD pay for their aggressive defense, thus the Irish 21 points. As, for the Irish defense I don’t see them any better than Moellers, thus the BD 42 points.  BD has:  good QB, good RB, fast receivers, team speed, relentlessly attacks the ball, … 

Wow.  Bold.  

Now do Cathedral/Brownsburg.

Edited by temptation

23 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean, we are taking RANKINGS and opinions here on a discussion forum…the classic “let’s let it play out” coach speak is cool and all but is also boring.

BD looks like the best team right NOW is all he was saying…with admittedly a small sample size.

I do disagree that “it’s not even close” however.  Not sure how you can come to that conclusion after one week.

Gosh, since you put it that way.....BD is the champs of week 1.  Congrats to the Giants. 

58 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Really hard for me to get a read on Cathedral after week 1. Cathedral didn't play a single starter after halftime.

I respect that, which is the same reason why @Slobberknocker’s prediction of BD being head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the state was so shocking.

For now, I’ve got em #1 but I need to see more…from everyone.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

I respect that, which is the same reason why @Slobberknocker’s prediction of BD being head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the state was so shocking.

For now, I’ve got em #1 but I need to see more…from everyone.

I saw enough (in the trenches) that would have me concerned playing a team like Ben Davis right off the bat. 

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I saw enough (in the trenches) that would have me concerned playing a team like Ben Davis right off the bat. 

BD goal line stand right at the end of second quarter was impressive IMO. Moeller 1st and Goal on BD 3 yard line. BD stops Michigan Commit on 3 straight runs. Then on fourth down Moeller gave up on Michigan RB and tried something different, that did not work out so well for them.  I won't spoil what happens on fourth down but it had me going what the heck!  You can watch the series of plays for yourself at about 2:02:00 into the broadcast. (Link provide below)

Link to replay of the game: AMHS - Watch (hudl.com)

13 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

BD goal line stand right at the end of second quarter was impressive IMO. Moeller 1st and Goal on BD 3 yard line. BD stops Michigan Commit on 3 straight runs. Then on fourth down Moeller gave up on Michigan RB and tried something different, that did not work out so well for them.  I won't spoil what happens on fourth down but it had me going what the heck!  You can watch the series of plays for yourself at about 2:02:00 into the broadcast. (Link provide below)

Thanks for the link! Is Ohio HS still allowed to push the ball carrier from behind? I know that was a rule change in Indiana this year and you cannot push the ball carrier anymore.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Really hard for me to get a read on Cathedral after week 1. Cathedral didn't play a single starter after halftime.

they looked impressive from the highlights I saw.  

I think the top 10 of 6A can bring it week to week.....

34 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

That play sealed it for BD.  Watched it live and my jaw hit the floor.

Interesting that some of the Ohio slappies over on Yappi are taking a victory lap for St. Ed’s margin of victory over CG while BD’s win over Moeller is a footnote.

Doesn’t help matters that our own @BDGiant93 made his way over there with some fake outrage about seating capacities without doing his homework and they laid into him pretty good.  

As one who thought the Hoosier state was going 0-2 over the weekend, I’ll take the split.

BD has to now avoid a let down against Avon (shouldn’t be much of a problem) while CG hosts Oakland (TN) FRIDAY night if I am reading Harrell correctly.

Seems bizarre?  Anyone know for sure?

Also, a quick glance of 247’s top Tennessee recruits gives me confidence CG will be 1-1 after this weekend.  But that’s all I’ve got.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Possible, but doubtful. Teams like Brownsburg, Cathedral, Center Grove, and HSE will have something to say about that. When was the last time a team from Indy was head and shoulders above everyone else?

50 minutes ago, BTF said:

Possible, but doubtful. Teams like Brownsburg, Cathedral, Center Grove, and HSE will have something to say about that. When was the last time a team from Indy was head and shoulders above everyone else?

I think we will know more about Cathedral and Brownsburg after this week. We have a good idea on Ben Davis and Center Grove (I do NOT think BD is head and shoulders above CG). I think there were glaring differences in the opponents BD and CG played (St. Ed's was very talented, Moeller was not terrible but didn't look to be on St. Ed's level I think Springfield looked to be Ohio Div 1 #2). As for Cathedral (played Lafayette Jeff) and Brownsburg (played FW Dwenger), both will find out more about there team this week against much better competition.

Of course what we see in week 1 and 2 from all 4 (Ben Davis, Cathedral, Center Grove, Brownsburg) will be a lot different than what we see in Week 9.

48 minutes ago, temptation said:

Interesting that some of the Ohio slappies over on Yappi are taking a victory lap for St. Ed’s margin of victory over CG while BD’s win over Moeller is a footnote.

Doesn’t help matters that our own @BDGiant93 made his way over there with some fake outrage about seating capacities without doing his homework and they laid into him pretty good.  

As one who thought the Hoosier state was going 0-2 over the weekend, I’ll take the split.

BD has to now avoid a let down against Avon (shouldn’t be much of a problem) while CG hosts Oakland (TN) FRIDAY night if I am reading Harrell correctly.

Seems bizarre?  Anyone know for sure?

Also, a quick glance of 247’s top Tennessee recruits gives me confidence CG will be 1-1 after this weekend.  But that’s all I’ve got.

St. Ed's CG game was way over hyped. The funny thing with all the hype about the game the attendance was not very impressive. CG brought their Faithfull that show up for every away game, but I was surprised how small St. ed's crowd was.