Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 2

Bosse at Central could be a pretty good game. I’ll be interested to see the final for that and read some thoughts after it’s over. 

Castle should handle MD with some comfort, if not, is there…trouble in paradise 🙂

I’ll take Memorial over North. See what kind of back to back performance North can string together. Consistency has always been a struggle for them. 

Jasper with a bounce back game against Harrison. should get the cats back in line. 

VL @ Reitz obvious game of the week. Hard to take much from both week 1 games but I also don’t think the JH prediction/spread is accurate here. I think the panthers at home are too much for VL and they pull away with a late TD to win by 2 scores. 

13 hours ago, TheMole said:

Gonna be a hot one this week. Anxious to see how that affects all the teams 

I would assume some teams will be practicing in the mornings or late in the evening. As far as the games go, personally I am hoping they just push them back to 7:30/8:00 to allow the temp to cool down rather than move them to Saturday.

37 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I would assume some teams will be practicing in the mornings or late in the evening. As far as the games go, personally I am hoping they just push them back to 7:30/8:00 to allow the temp to cool down rather than move them to Saturday.

I think a few had workouts this morning. 
7:30 start times is an option being discussed. 

Bosse at Central - This one should be close, probably a 1-2 score game that could go either way. I think Bosse has more talent overall but Central may be a bit more motivated. Central will have trouble dealing with the Bosse skills players which will be the difference. Bulldogs win 36-26.

Mater Dei at Castle - This one will probably be close at halftime but I think the Knights will be a bit too much and MD will have trouble scoring. Knights win 28-14.

North at Memorial  - This one should be close throughout and maybe a bit low scoring. The Huskies obviously have an advantage in the trenches but I like Memorial's skill players better which is often the difference. Tigers win 24-21.

Jasper at Harrison - I think Jasper handles this one comfortably. Although, heard that one of their top players got hurt in week 1, any word on that? I think the Warriors are in for a long, tough season though. Wildcats win 28-7.

Vincennes at Reitz - This is a tough one to call. Possible game of the week but could also see Reitz winning comfortably. I do think Reitz will take care of business, especially at home. Vincennes is legit and will give teams fits this year. I just think Reitz is too much and their defense should be good enough to slow down Hunt. Panthers win 35-17.

Edited by Football Fanatic

MD has a lot to clean up/figure out on offense.  4 turnovers against Central .  Can't have that going forward.  The soph QB made some good throws though.  With more reps he will continue to improve.  But we've got a rough stretch with Castle, Memorial, VL, Jasper and North coming up

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

MD has a lot to clean up/figure out on offense.  4 turnovers against Central .  Can't have that going forward.  The soph QB made some good throws though.  With more reps he will continue to improve.  But we've got a rough stretch with Castle, Memorial, VL, Jasper and North coming up

Who is playing QB? Just heard over the weekend that Mason Wunderlich decided to come home from Ball State. 

51 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Who is playing QB? Just heard over the weekend that Mason Wunderlich decided to come home from Ball State. 

Kind of a strange non-sequitur, but I can assure you it's NOT Mason Wunderlich. 

I believe Tate Mallory played QB last Friday. 

• Haha 1

MasseyRating:

Bosse at Central (-14), 75% chance of victory for the Bears 

VL at Reitz (-26), 92% chance of victory for the Panthers

North at Memorial (-13), 82% chance of victory for the Tigers

Jasper (-28) at Harrison, 98% chance of victory for the Cats

Mater Dei at Castle (-6), 65% chance of victory for the Knights 

Calpreps:

North at Memorial (-1), 53% chance of victory for the Tigers 

Jasper (-21) at Harrison, 90% chance of victory for the Cats

VL at Reitz (-25), 95% chance of victory for the Panthers

Bosse (-3) at Central, 58% chance of victory for the Bulldogs

Mater Dei (-2) at Castle, 57% chance of victory for the Cats

18 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Time changes:

Jasper at Harrison- 7:30 pm CT

VL at Reitz- 7:30 pm CT

North at Memorial- 8:00 pm CT

Mater Dei at Castle- 8:00 pm CT

Bosse at Central- 8:00 pm CT

Wonder if these are all officially set or could still potentially change again to a Saturday kickoff as the day gets closer. 

32 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Time changes:

Jasper at Harrison- 7:30 pm CT

VL at Reitz- 7:30 pm CT

North at Memorial- 8:00 pm CT

Mater Dei at Castle- 8:00 pm CT

Bosse at Central- 8:00 pm CT

I would be shocked if the heat index drops below 100 by 7:30. I understand they're trying to accommodate Jasper and Vincennes for the longer travel (it's Friday night, big deal), but eventually they'll either delay until 8:00 anyway or move all games to Saturday.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, Football Fanatic said:

I would be shocked if the heat index drops below 100 by 7:30. I understand they're trying to accommodate Jasper and Vincennes for the longer travel (it's Friday night, big deal), but eventually they'll either delay until 8:00 anyway or move all games to Saturday.

If games are pushed back until Saturday, I’m sure we should probably hear it tomorrow, heard there was talks about it

Edited by TigerFan20