Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

sac week 7

Concordia-Wayne...Generals seemed to throw everything they had at Carroll last week which was fun to see, should be a big win this week...Generals by 24

Dwenger-Luers...Knights held on to an ugly game last Friday and control their own destiny for the SAC somehow (these divisions mean nothing essentially)..Dwenger again has slowly improved each week. My pick for game of the week....Saints by 3

North Side-South Side...no team is more disappointing than North, calling them undisciplined feels like an understatement. They should be able to still pull this one out without Tae who should be suspended. But South coming off their first big win could be feisty....North by 6 

Northrop-Snider...Poor Northrop, not only does this look like one of the worst teams they have ever had, they now get their roommate (not a rivalry) coming off a loss. I know Snider doesn't run up the score, but they may just look to get right at the expense of the Bruins this week....Panthers by 40

Homestead-Carroll...After looking at how each team performed last week, the instant reaction would be to think the Spartans take this one, but they haven't proven any sort of consistency so far and maybe Carroll was caught in a let down spot against Wayne, should still be a good one...Chargers by 7

53 minutes ago, NEinFAN said:

Long time lurker here and apologize if it's been previously discussed.......

From my understanding the SAC champ is the team with the best conference regardless of which division they play in, so what's the point of having the two separate divisions?

So that they can play teams outside the conference in the regular season.

1 hour ago, NEinFAN said:

From my understanding the SAC champ is the team with the best conference regardless of which division they play in, so what's the point of having the two separate divisions?

Under this format some team is going to have the easiest schedule. Take conference leader (so far) Luers don't play Snider or Carroll. Luers does have Dwenger and Homestead coming up so this may be a moot point but someone some day will win the conference with the easiest schedule.

2 hours ago, NEinFAN said:

Yep it's pretty dumb,  give it another 3 years and maybe they will form two new conferences. 

Dwenger is the 3rd smallest school and plays in the big division. 

Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

New conference

Homestead, Carroll, Snider, Dwenger, Luers, Northside, Leo and Northrop. 

2nd New Conferences 

Black Hawk, South, Concordia, Wayne, New Haven, Woodlan, Heritage and Busco

Kept it at 8 so they can play out of conference 

Drop Luers to small conference and eliminate Blackhawk and Busco. 

Eliminate Blackhawk because it could be years before they are competitive. 

Eliminate Busco since Woodlan and Heritage are closer to Fort Wayne. Splitting hairs on that one. 

Luers doesn't need to be in the big division. They are 4-34 historically against Snider. If the knights want to continue rumbling with the big guys, they can schedule whoever they want for their three out of division games. 

Seven in each division allows three out of division games. Can do crossover (Dwenger vs Luers) or out of conference. With fourteen teams in the SAC, I think we can crown two champions. It's just not a level playing field otherwise. There's a 70% chance that Snider, Carroll, or Homestead win the SAC. Dwenger gets a 20% chance. A champion from any of the other schools sits at 10%. Two champions is fair. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Drop Luers to small conference and eliminate Blackhawk and Busco. 

Eliminate Blackhawk because it could be years before they are competitive. 

Eliminate Busco since Woodlan and Heritage are closer to Fort Wayne. Splitting hairs on that one. 

Luers doesn't need to be in the big division. They are 4-34 historically against Snider. If the knights want to continue rumbling with the big guys, they can schedule whoever they want for their three out of division games. 

Seven in each division allows three out of division games. Can do crossover (Dwenger vs Luers) or out of conference. With fourteen teams in the SAC, I think we can crown two champions. It's just not a level playing field otherwise. There's a 70% chance that Snider, Carroll, or Homestead win the SAC. Dwenger gets a 20% chance. A champion from any of the other schools sits at 10%. Two champions is fair. 

I like your thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPFWFootball said:

Probably not a super hot take, but I wouldn't be surprised is Blackhawk fields a consistent competitive program before Northrop or South over the next 5 years

Northrop and South will never be competitive again in the SAC, you can take that to the bank.

5 hours ago, IPFWFootball said:

Probably not a super hot take, but I wouldn't be surprised is Blackhawk fields a consistent competitive program before Northrop or South over the next 5 years

The consensus seems to be that if Blackhawk can put together one of the best small school basketball programs in the state, then they should be able to do the same in football. I'm not sure I'm buying it. If they do, needless to say it will take years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

The consensus seems to be that if Blackhawk can put together one of the best small school basketball programs in the state, then they should be able to do the same in football. I'm not sure I'm buying it. If they do, needless to say it will take years. 

A couple of move-ins and you can have a very good 1A team.   The 3rd or 4th RB at Snider would be all-state at Blackhawk.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think its knowing that a lot of the pieces for success are there, I look at a school like Covenant Christian down in Indy and what they were able to do as they built a program from the ground up, may not be the exact results as pulling from a West Indy/Suburbs talent pool, but with vouchers expanding making the school more accessible, it could only take 1 special class to come in over a few years to set up a long postseason run

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 9:30 AM, Komets2727 said:

Northrop and South will never be competitive again in the SAC, you can take that to the bank.

If and ONLY "IF" the athletes that are roaming the stands on Friday nights can be lured to the gridiron rather than TRACK/Basketball ....  They can be.  It's sad to know the talent that is in the stands every week that is not being 'tapped'.  

On 9/27/2023 at 9:30 AM, Komets2727 said:

Never is a pretty powerful word. I would think they will be competitive at least 1 year out of next 10-20. But then again, competitive in your definition is probably different than mine. I'm thinking South Side is more likely to happen sooner than Northrop