Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

ROCHESTER AT LCC

Should be a great game!  Rochester will have had two weeks to get ready.  I think it will be a 14-13 type of game.  Is Rochester going to throw the ball this year?  They didn't throw the ball one time in the first half of last years game.  The winner of this game has a great shot to make it to semi state.

6 hours ago, Tippy said:

Should be a great game!  Rochester will have had two weeks to get ready.  I think it will be a 14-13 type of game.  Is Rochester going to throw the ball this year?  They didn't throw the ball one time in the first half of last years game.  The winner of this game has a great shot to make it to semi state.

I think they'll have trouble stopping Central Catholic's pass game and with so many guys going both ways might wear down.

8 hours ago, Tippy said:

Yeah after watching Laville play against pass happy 320 plus offensive lineman I’m ago with Laville 

1 hour ago, hondo17 said:

I think they'll have trouble stopping Central Catholic's pass game and with so many guys going both ways might wear down.

Attended the LCC game last night.  Metzger had 345 passing last night against Winamac.  Hit a lot of different guys and was dangerous in long ball plays.  I think LCC had at least three TDs on pass plays of 50 or more.  The thing of interest was that LCC seemed to be good at was not abandoning something that had promise.  They had a crossing play that misfired for the first 3-4 time they tried it.  Most teams would have given up after the first two times it didn't work.  Just when the fans were probably thinking that they would put that thing back in the play chest for another weekend ... BAM ... 6 points.  And it wasn't the first time it produced fruit last night.  Just to indicate that quick strike potential, first offensive play of the second half was a 65-yard pass to Clayton; sending the game to running clock.

If folks are expecting Rochester to only put up a couple of touchdowns, then Rochester will need an outstanding pass defense.  Prior to last night, LCC's putting up 32 passes a game with a 60%+ completion rate.  They put up about a TD every eight completions.  By contrast, Rochester's had 43 passing attempts for the whole year.  Rochester is the complete opposite of LCC with a huge running game; putting up about 40 running plays per game with a TD about every nine carries.  LCC's a bit off that mark on rushing putting up a TD about every 13 carries, but only running an average of 18 times a game.

LCC's three losses have all come against 3A teams: #7 in class Sagarin Guerin, #11 in class Sagarin Hamilton Heights, and #17 in class Sagarin West Lafayette.  All three advanced in their initial sectional game.  Rochester has two losses: #10 in class 3A Tipp Valley and #16 in class 3A Peru, who both lost their sectional contests last night in the Sectional of Death.  Guerin defeated Peru 27-19. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foxbat said:

Attended the LCC game last night.  Metzger had 345 passing last night against Winamac.  Hit a lot of different guys and was dangerous in long ball plays.  I think LCC had at least three TDs on pass plays of 50 or more.  The thing of interest was that LCC seemed to be good at was not abandoning something that had promise.  They had a crossing play that misfired for the first 3-4 time they tried it.  Most teams would have given up after the first two times it didn't work.  Just when the fans were probably thinking that they would put that thing back in the play chest for another weekend ... BAM ... 6 points.  And it wasn't the first time it produced fruit last night.  Just to indicate that quick strike potential, first offensive play of the second half was a 65-yard pass to Clayton; sending the game to running clock.

If folks are expecting Rochester to only put up a couple of touchdowns, then Rochester will need an outstanding pass defense.  Prior to last night, LCC's putting up 32 passes a game with a 60%+ completion rate.  They put up about a TD every eight completions.  By contrast, Rochester's had 43 passing attempts for the whole year.  Rochester is the complete opposite of LCC with a huge running game; putting up about 40 running plays per game with a TD about every nine carries.  LCC's a bit off that mark on rushing putting up a TD about every 13 carries, but only running an average of 18 times a game.

LCC's three losses have all come against 3A teams: #7 in class Sagarin Guerin, #11 in class Sagarin Hamilton Heights, and #17 in class Sagarin West Lafayette.  All three advanced in their initial sectional game.  Rochester has two losses: #10 in class 3A Tipp Valley and #16 in class 3A Peru, who both lost their sectional contests last night in the Sectional of Death.  Guerin defeated Peru 27-19. 

I was at the Valley/Chatard game I was getting updates of the LCC/Winamac game. 

Winamac's secondary isn't so bad at stopping the run but the pass defense struggled against LaVille, West Central to an extent and Triton. I knew they'd have major issues with LCC, was told their run defense was OK. 

I also think Rochester struggled with Valley’s passing some and Central Catholics QB is much better. 

Edited by hondo17
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hondo17 said:

I was at the Valley/Chatard game I was getting updates of the LCC/Winamac game. 

Winamac's secondary isn't so bad at stopping the run but the pass defense struggled against LaVille, West Central to an extent and Triton. I knew they'd have major issues with LCC, was told their run defense was OK. 

I also think Rochester struggled with Valley’s passing some and Central Catholics QB is much better. 

Tipp Valley and LCC's QB ratings are close, but LCC's seem more consistent and with more 100+ games.  On the nine season games, excluding the sectional, LCC had three games in a row under 100 and all three were the losses against their 3A opponents and six above.  TV, which won all of their season games, had five under 100 and four above ... excluding the sectional against Chatard.  I wouldn't say that Metzger is a "fluid" out-of-pocket QB, but he's really good about not giving up and quite dangerous ... especially against defenses that get excited when the QB is flushed out of the pocket.  What I mean by that is that some QBs, when they get flushed out of the pocket, tend to lock in on someone as they run for their lives and then try to force that ball in ... often to someone close by.  Metzger does a nice job of continually scanning his targets and is just as likely to hit the closest guy or the farthest guy or someone in the mid-range.  He's particularly effective against defenses that see a QB flushed and then everyone, DBs included, want to get in on the QB tackle ... and he makes you pay for looking in the backfield when you should be living in the receiver's jersey.

22 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I don't even know what that means

Nope I’m talking Semi State but it seems this site has mass confusion about people posting… I would at this moment take Laville over Rochester or LCC… I didn’t realize everything needed to be explained in depth on this site.. Laville just handled Andreans pass attack with ease 

Edited by mumm6866

11 minutes ago, mumm6866 said:

Nope I’m talking Semi State but it seems this site has mass confusion about people posting… I would at this moment take Laville over Rochester or LCC… I didn’t realize everything needed to be explained in depth on this site.. Laville just handled Andreans pass attack with ease 

I knew what you meant and its all good.  I do think LCC has a better chance to make it to Semi state this year than last year.  

14 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

Yeah after watching Laville play against pass happy 320 plus offensive lineman I’m ago with Laville 

DeWitt and crew were born a year too early, imo that team is 100 percent the 2a representative in the north this year. Laville has a good shot but Central Catholic will be a test and one they may fail. Plummer is legit as is Allen. 

Edited by hondo17

15 minutes ago, mumm6866 said:

Andrean's QB rating was less than TV and LCC for the season.  Matter of fact, only had three games over 100 rating for the year.  Not much of a running attack to set up the passing attack, a TD every roughly 23 carries, unless they had lights-out receivers ... which doesn't seem supported by the stats.  Granted, they played teams higher classification teams.

1 hour ago, mumm6866 said:

Nope, I’m pretty sure there is only 1 guy confused.

16 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

2 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

over the years, have seen several posters say crap like this only to see them eat crow... gonna be fun !

we'll get to Laville in due time.... this ain't the time !

you're more than welcome to start your own thread !

Edited by dazed and confused

2 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

Maybe people were confused because this isn’t a LaVille post 

I think LCC overall is in better shape this year than Andrean for 2a Catholic schools are concerned, youth and roster turnover at Andrean vs loaded experienced team from last year successful team in LCC.   Just throwing some context out there from my seat.  Prior to the draw and even after the draw, felt like LCC was likely to get to Semi State vs Luers.  Just my neanderthal look at things 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Maybe people were confused because this isn’t a LaVille post 

Why does it have to be a Laville Post for somebody to post about a potential Semi State Matchup which these teams would be in the Regional. Guess because I’m on other Forums can post about multiple things 

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I think LCC overall is in better shape this year than Andrean for 2a Catholic schools are concerned, youth and roster turnover at Andrean vs loaded experienced team from last year successful team in LCC.   Just throwing some context out there from my seat.  Prior to the draw and even after the draw, felt like LCC was likely to get to Semi State vs Luers.  Just my neanderthal look at things 

Andean lost Bowen (huge huge lose and Clacks kids whom transferred). They returned most the oline and their QB who was hurt for a few games last year… still returned a lot of people. Also Andrean played nobody lower than a 3a team Chatard ( who smoked them). But again every week is a new week and always depends what team shows up 

26 minutes ago, mumm6866 said:

Also Andrean played nobody lower than a 3a team Chatard ( who smoked them). But again every week is a new week and always depends what team shows up 

Well, at least we know it won't be Andrean.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Speaking of Luers, surprised to see they were in a shootout with a down Busco squad. Could Eastside, Bluffton, Eastbrook, or other upset them?