Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LaVille at LCC

Home field advantage can't b understated... The 1st 4 1A Titles all went to the hm team before moving to a neutral site... personally I think Lcc loses that game if it wasn't at hm....

1A 1973
Mish Marian    @ hm over Providence    21-14    Mike Hecklinski    10-2    Gene Sartini    11-1

1A    1974......    Garrett @ hm over    North Knox    20-  6    David Wiant    11-0    

1A    1975.           Lawrenceburg     @ hm over Wes-Del    28-14    Dick Meador    11-1    Dave Land    11-1

1A    1976..    Lafayette Central Catholic @ hm over    Lawrenceburg      8-  6    Paul LaRocca    11-2    Dick Meador    11-2    

1A    1977...    Indianapolis Ritter over    Tippecanoe Valley    15-  6    Duffy Hagist    11-1    Charles Smith    12-1    @ Lawrence Central

1A    1978.....    Lawrenceburg     over Fountain Central     34-  6     Dick Meador    13-0    Dale Hummer    11-2     @    Lawrence Central

1A    1979.....    Tippecanoe Valley over    Hamilton Southeastern     44-14    Charles Smith    13-0    David Enright    12-1     @    Lawrence Central

1A    1980......    Sheridan over     North Judson    27-  0    Larry Wright    13-0    Russ Radtke    12-1    @    Lawrence Central

1A    1981......    Hamilton Southeastern     over Woodlan      7-  6     Dave Enright    11-0    Leland Etzler      8-3     @     Lawrence Central

1A 1982
Oak Hill    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Home field advantage can't b understated... The 1st 4 1A Titles all went to the hm team before moving to a neutral site... personally I think Lcc loses that game if it wasn't at hm....

1A    1976..    Lafayette Central Catholic @ hm over    Lawrenceburg      8-  6    Paul LaRocca    11-2    Dick Meador    11-2    

Must have been in that west endzone. 😉

LCC more than likely will have to drive the ball.  Of Plummer’s 52 kickoffs 30 have been touchbacks.  His leg in kicking game cannot be over-stated. 

Laville has dudes no question about it.  Very physical team.  I expect Laville will look to pound the ball and throw over the top when opportunity arises.

LCC is more of a finesse team from games I’ve seen. Can Laville generate pressure on Metzger and/or cover on the backend.  With Plummer and Czarnecky in secondary Laville has size and playmakers there.  Should be a great match up. 

54 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

LCC more than likely will have to drive the ball.  Of Plummer’s 52 kickoffs 30 have been touchbacks.  His leg in kicking game cannot be over-stated. 

Laville has dudes no question about it.  Very physical team.  I expect Laville will look to pound the ball and throw over the top when opportunity arises.

LCC is more of a finesse team from games I’ve seen. Can Laville generate pressure on Metzger and/or cover on the backend.  With Plummer and Czarnecky in secondary Laville has size and playmakers there.  Should be a great match up. 

I'd normally agree about field position being a key component ... giving ur opponent short fields is Not Good... but it appears to me this Lcc O is savy enuff to strike quickly from anywhere on the field... as u say...should b a great chess match with these two each attempting to isolate/neutralize the playmakers of the other...

I think this one is gonna come down to coaching. Which coach can make the right and best adjustments. That's gonna decide this game. 

I don't feel like LaVille is getting a fair shake here. If you watched the LaVille vs Andrean game, it really wasn't as close as the score suggested. The 59ers had a couple big plays to keep them in it. LaVille had their way with them most of the night. 

I will say that LCC's passing attack will be the best that LaVille has faced so far this season. LaVille likes to bring backers on blitzes. If they can't get to the QB, it's gonna leave someone wide open. 

We'll see how this plays out. JH has it 28 - 21 in favor LCC. I think it will be a close one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way. 

1 hour ago, Mongo549 said:

I think this one is gonna come down to coaching. Which coach can make the right and best adjustments. That's gonna decide this game. 

I don't feel like LaVille is getting a fair shake here. If you watched the LaVille vs Andrean game, it really wasn't as close as the score suggested. The 59ers had a couple big plays to keep them in it. LaVille had their way with them most of the night. 

I will say that LCC's passing attack will be the best that LaVille has faced so far this season. LaVille likes to bring backers on blitzes. If they can't get to the QB, it's gonna leave someone wide open. 

We'll see how this plays out. JH has it 28 - 21 in favor LCC. I think it will be a close one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way. 

26 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

LCC wins this one by 10+. LaVille is not that good. They are not playing on that “mosh pit” they call a field. QB is a good athlete but will make mistakes throwing the ball. LaVille secondary weak especially one of their corners. Metzger will have a field day.

My momma said someone has to be wrong here!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mongo549 said:

This is what Metzger's good at.  Metzger's good at getting away from the blitz, but he's not what I would classify as slippery or a running threat.  He's just good at moving enough to give a receiver an extra second to get in the seam or gap or slot or just plain open.  The other thing that he's good at is not fixating on a single guy when he gets flushed.  Mike Tyson used to say, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."  I liken that, with QBs as, "Most QBs have multiple targets, until the blitz comes through the A gap."  Metzger's pretty good about still seeing multiple targets even with the blitz.  It comes down to discipline ... if LaVille can bring the blitzes AND stay disciplined on ALL of the receivers, then it works for them.  Sometimes though, DBs get excited when a QB flushes and want to get that half QB tackle stat ... and that's disastrous.

47 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

LCC wins this one by 10+. LaVille is not that good. They are not playing on that “mosh pit” they call a field. QB is a good athlete but will make mistakes throwing the ball. LaVille secondary weak especially one of their corners. Metzger will have a field day.

LaRocca will likely be as good as playing on turf on Friday ... likely more forgiving when hitting the ground.  The main issue for visiting teams tends to be the dewpoint in the fall when the skies are relatively clear.  I've seen some opponents and officials make some "America's Funniest Home Videos" slips on that field in the fall with humidity hanging in the air.

7 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

How do you figure, they're not good?

12 hours ago, Mongo549 said:

How do you figure, they're not good?

I guarantee no one from Lcc is underestimating the Lancers... they ran right over the 56ers... n Lcc got run over by the Zebras ...dont think the Zrbras ever did punt ... I suspect both will b adding some Offensive twists this week... but think Lcc is gonna hav ta buck up on D n get some stops to pull out the win... 

20 hours ago, foxbat said:

LaRocca will likely be as good as playing on turf on Friday ... likely more forgiving when hitting the ground.  

But, but,  I've been told in other threads that by November natural grass fields in Indiana are all fetid swamps,  not worthy to step on, much less play a football game on.

• Kill me now 1

Since it seems people are using Andrean game as a measuring stick of LaVille. Let’s keep in mind:

1. Andrean below average team this season.

2. Loss by 2 to LaVille with 4 turnovers; 2 of which were snaps over the heads of qb and punter setting LaVille up at the 10 and 20 yard lines.

3. Extremely sloppy field. Actually a joke of a field.

4. Interception by Andrean in Endzone right before halftime. Same drive has two holding calls inside 10 yard line.

My point is Andrean self destructed and still only loss by 2 to a bad Andrean team.

In regards to LaVille, they have a talented qb as a runner not a thrower. He will make inaccurate throws for interceptions. Defensive secondary very questionable. They will blitz but if picked up long night for LaVille secondary. KO team coverage is bad. Better kick them in endzone. Andrean almost took 3 to the house. Overall team speed lacking with LaVille. QB and #2 decent speed.

Lastly, if the weather is good and field is fast, LCC will have huge advantage.

LCC by 10+

Metzger will throw for 300 + 

Exactly what @RegionFBFan stated, the game will be on a very good FAST bermuda grass field with no moisture in sight.   You cannot blitz and sell out to get to Metzger because they will get the ball out incredibly fast, then what, you have an secondary who won't be able to run and catch up with those WRs.   Who will LaVille counter with to shut down a 6'7 WR?    

LaVille has had an outstanding year, their is another level of football in Lafayette area then our friends farther north.  

As seen by West Lafayette beating Hanover Central last week.   LaVille NEEDED a monsoon imo, they didn't get it this week like they did week 10 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Metzger will throw for 300 + 

Exactly what @RegionFBFan stated, the game will be on a very good FAST bermuda grass field with no moisture in sight.   You cannot blitz and sell out to get to Metzger because they will get the ball out incredibly fast, then what, you have an secondary who won't be able to run and catch up with those WRs.   Who will LaVille counter with to shut down a 6'7 WR?    

LaVille has had an outstanding year, their is another level of football in Lafayette area then our friends farther north.  

As seen by West Lafayette beating Hanover Central last week.   LaVille NEEDED a monsoon imo, they didn't get it this week like they did week 10 

Need a couple around that height as, between Schwartz and Clayton you've a couple guys trolling around the secondary at 6'5"+ on any given play.

their is another level of football in Lafayette area then our friends farther north.  

Nice catch Coach... most r unaware of the deep Fb history of the area... Ther r still decendants, of the Coach, of the Great Jim Thrope who played at Pine Village, not far from WL. before moving to Chicago. Chicago Cardinals I believe at that time... befor the move to St Louis... That family were all pretty good Athleles themselves... Area ties to the sport run deep.... Predate the NFL...  And Now U Know The Rest of The Story!  PH Good Day! 

On 11/6/2023 at 1:12 PM, foxbat said:

I imagine not if it was across from those LCC teams with Cronk and Jackson on them.

I remember in 2012 with like 50 seconds left before half Central Catholic threw 4 passes to score a TD right after Winamac got within a TD and CC had zero time outs. I looked at my girlfriend and said "it's like watching Monday night football " haha. 

Barrett was also a very special player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hondo17 said:

I remember in 2012 with like 50 seconds left before half Central Catholic threw 4 passes to score a TD right after Winamac got within a TD and CC had zero time outs. I looked at my girlfriend and said "it's like watching Monday night football " haha. 

The 2012 team would have been Jackson's brother Danny. Never had to play those LCC teams with the ghost on it. Grew up watching them though. If I had a choice between the two I'm not sure there is a right answer on which team you want to play against between the 2012 team and the 2015 team.

20 minutes ago, hondo17 said:

Yeah I was at that game.  You could almost literally hear the wind go out of the Winamac crowd at that point.  I think there was also a Timmy Mills KO return for a TD in that one too. 

11 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

The 2012 team would have been Jackson's brother Danny. Never had to play those LCC teams with the ghost on it. Grew up watching them though. If I had a choice between the two I'm not sure there is a right answer on which team you want to play against between the 2012 team and the 2015 team.

Kind of depends on whether you wanted to get smoked or beat to death.  Both squads had offensive weaponry, but those 2009-2012 LCC defenses just laid the lumber to everyone.  Had this picture that kind of summed up LCC's defenses of those years.  This was a post-season game up at Pioneer ... I think it was 2011.

image.png.5bf09eab337b3547f53dfb2fc4def959.png