Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Central Indiana Conference Coming Soon.

5/7/2024
The following is written on behalf of Beech Grove, Monrovia, Speedway, and Triton Central.
This should serve as a letter of separation from the Indiana Crossroads Conference beginning in
August of 2026. We plan to honor our current contracts and by laws through the 2024-2025
and 2025-2026 school years.
In an effort to be transparent, we wanted to give you this information as soon as possible, but
also had to allow for our school boards and administration to give their input. Beech Grove,
Indian Creek, Monrovia, Speedway, Tri West and Triton Central will be the founding members
of a new athletic conference. We anticipate this conference going into effect at the start of the
2026-2027 school year. This timeline prioritizes the ability for schools to honor former
commitments, follow current by laws, form new conference by laws and confirm scheduling,
etc.
This new conference will comprise of at least six member schools with the possibility to expand
in the future.
We would like to thank the ICC for many successful years and our appreciation goes out to all
who have been involved in making the conference a success.

This is public knowledge and is to be shared.

Coach Outland

This is a shame.  The ICC is without question one of the best small school conferences in the state.

I guess this means there will now be four schools available to fill out the small school division of the Circle City conference?

Tri-West?  Really?  What do they stand to gain from this conference?  

I'm assuming this means the venerable Sagamore Conference, which only had Tri-West, Danville, and Lebanon remaining,  will now dissolve?  What a waste.

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Tri-West?  Really?  What do they stand to gain from this conference?  

I'm assuming this means the venerable Sagamore Conference, which only had Tri-West, Danville, and Lebanon remaining,  will now dissolve?  What a waste.

No Muda... Lebanon and Danville are joining Harrison and McCutcheon as the Sagamore.  Tri-West was supposed to join but have opted to join the new conference.

6 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Smart move by these schools. Maybe grab Danville, too? Who else would be a possibility? 

I don't know that they would take Danville... Linton maybe?

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

No Muda... Lebanon and Danville are joining Harrison and McCutcheon as the Sagamore.  Tri-West was supposed to join but have opted to join the new conference.

Oh yeah.  Thanks for the correction.  To much conference shenanigans going on...............

Still a mistake by Tri-West IMHO.  Their enrollment is probably on nothing but an upward trajectory, and they shown for a while now that they can punch above their weight class.

11 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Oh yeah.  Thanks for the correction.  To much conference shenanigans going on...............

Still a mistake by Tri-West IMHO.  Their enrollment is probably on nothing but an upward trajectory, and they shown for a while now that they can punch above their weight class.

Tri West enrollment may be growing but I’d imagine Danville and Lebanon’s enrollments will vastly surpass Tri-West’s. Whitestown is one of the fastest growing areas of the state and it is within Lebanon district lines. Avon is slowly starting to resemble Wayne Twp more and more and Avon residents are heading west.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Tri West enrollment may be growing but I’d imagine Danville and Lebanon’s enrollments will vastly surpass Tri-West’s. Whitestown is one of the fastest growing areas of the state and it is within Lebanon district lines. Avon is slowly starting to resemble Wayne Twp more and more and Avon residents are heading west.

Residents... The Students have been flocking west for several years if not 10 or more.

Edited by 1st_and_10

21 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I don't know that they would take Danville... Linton maybe?

Interesting.  I kind of like it, but kind of don't.  Logistically, the Miners would be much better off in the Western Indiana Conference.

48 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Interesting.  I kind of like it, but kind of don't.  Logistically, the Miners would be much better off in the Western Indiana Conference.

If Speedway refuses to travel to Lutheran for JV games, what are the odds they'd entertain trips to Linton?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

If Speedway refuses to travel to Lutheran for JV games, what are the odds they'd entertain trips to Linton?

West to east Indy traffic can be brutal. East to west isn't nearly as bad. 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Not good.  Plus, you must remember this would be for all sorts, not just football.

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Not good.  Plus, you must remember this would be for all sorts, not just football.

The closest drive being 1 hour and 20 minutes.  That makes for some late nights through the week.

2 minutes ago, LawrenceGreene said:

The closest drive being 1 hour and 20 minutes.  That makes for some late nights through the week.

Indeed.  Had plenty of those years ago...