Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Homestead sinking fast

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Very kind of you to put Snider in your Top 15. Thank you. 

So Fishers, Westfield, and Zionsville are capable of beating Noblesville by a wide margin, but not Snider, Carroll, or Homestead? Sorry, but...........................regional bias. 

Yes, Snider is a fringe top 10 team that is comfortably in the top 15...as a 5A school playing at the 6A level...pretty high praise in my opinion.

Capable?  Sure.  But it won’t happen.  

Noblesville played CATHEDRAL and CARMEL in the non conference and then will have played the HCC gauntlet by the time the tourney rolls around.

Snider, Carroll, and Homestead will also have been tested, no doubt but not nearly as much as Noblesville has been.

Gimme 35.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, BTF said:

Very kind of you to put Snider in your Top 15. Thank you. 

So Fishers, Westfield, and Zionsville are capable of beating Noblesville by a wide margin, but not Snider, Carroll, or Homestead? Sorry, but...........................regional bias. 

Noblesville has already played all 3. Lost by 21, 20 & 20.

16 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Yes, Snider is a fringe top 10 team that is comfortably in the top 15...as a 5A school playing at the 6A level...pretty high praise in my opinion.

Capable?  Sure.  But it won’t happen.  

Noblesville played CATHEDRAL and CARMEL in the non conference and then will have played the HCC gauntlet by the time the tourney rolls around.

Snider, Carroll, and Homestead will also have been tested, no doubt but not nearly as much as Noblesville has been.

Gimme 35.

Average margin of defeat so far is 25, why are you asking for 35?

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Noblesville has already played all 3. Lost by 21, 20 & 20.

I understand that. Temptation is implying that Homestead, Snider, nor Carroll are capable of beating Noblesville by a comparable margin.

17 minutes ago, BTF said:

Average margin of defeat so far is 25, why are you asking for 35?

YOU stated that Noblesville would be “6-8” in the SAC so I’m just looking at Homestead’s (1st in the SAC) margin of victory over the current 6-8 teams:  Concordia (29), Luers (51) and soon to be North Side (pick your score).

35 is generous, no?

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

YOU stated that Noblesville would be “6-8” in the SAC so I’m just looking at Homestead’s (1st in the SAC) margin of victory over the current 6-8 teams:  Concordia (29), Luers (51) and soon to be North Side (pick your score).

35 is generous, no?

If they were 7th in the SAC, you can throw out the Luers score. I do believe the Miller's would beat Knights. Whether or not they could be Northrop or Concordia is the big question to me. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they could possibly finish 5th. 

I'll give you 28.

Noblesvilles' a 6a program for a reason. The Miller's would be a formidable foe in the SAC..i wouldn't bet 35..yet I never take that when northern 6a squad gets kicked by whomever at Los either. The competitive landscape always changes during tourney time..hence the teams the make deep runs with terrible records..

50 minutes ago, BTF said:

If they were 7th in the SAC, you can throw out the Luers score. I do believe the Miller's would beat Knights. Whether or not they could be Northrop or Concordia is the big question to me. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they could possibly finish 5th. 

I'll give you 28.

Done deal.  I’ll PM you my PayPal account info.

11 hours ago, Rodney said:

Outstanding athlete, absolute travesty he was playing 1a football

Hope he does great things at ND

Wouldnt have been mr. football if he played for Warren 

While probably true as he concentrates on being an elite/game changing linebacker, this topic was exhausted months ago.

The same thing happened last year. It is dumb that the SAC teams are ranked this low but kind of understandable. There is no way 80% of the teams listed above Homestead, Snider, and Dwenger could beat them or even compete with them. However, the Sagarin ratings don't know how to calculate teams that play a closed schedule like this. Last year Sagarin gave Dwenger like a 1% to win 4a while it should have been around at least 40%.

19 hours ago, Temptation said:

Done deal.  I’ll PM you my PayPal account info.

I would prefer a donation to GID 

You know, considering this "bet" would not been made available without the friends of GID yearly gracious donations.  

But hey you all do you I just think its petty to make "bets" of financial gains.   Last year 2 folks had same convo and give it up to RebelDad who lost this bet and paid $50 to the GID cause, the guy he bet with also matched it as well.   

20 hours ago, BTF said:

I'll give you 28.

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I would prefer a donation to GID 

You know, considering this "bet" would not been made available without the friends of GID yearly gracious donations.  

But hey you all do you I just think its petty to make "bets" of financial gains.   Last year 2 folks had same convo and give it up to RebelDad who lost this bet and paid $50 to the GID cause, the guy he bet with also matched it as well.   

I'm on board.

12 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I'm on board.

Saying that I would give you 28 was just for the sake of conversation. I'm not going to continue a discussion about gambling here (even if it is to benefit the GID). A high school football forum certainly isn't the place to do this. I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by this. 

I'm not against discussing a fun friendly way of making a donation to the GID if you'd like to do it via private chat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

As far as the Noblesville/SAC debate. I would think they would be right behind Carroll at 4th. Northrop is 5th and I think Noblesville would blow them out. On the other hand I believe Carroll could blow Noblesville out.

Agree that Carroll could blow Noblesville out (if 3 td's is considered a blowout). Disagree that Noblesville would blow Northrop or Concordia out. I'm not sure they'd even beat those two teams, let alone "blow them out."

1 hour ago, FridayNightLights said:

Give me the top 3 in the HCC vs the top 3 in the SAC. HCC comes out 3-0. Same with MIC vs SAC. 

Let's go Top 4. Who would you match up against Homestead, Dwenger, Snider, and Carroll?...............in that order. I'm going to offend a lot of people from Central Indiana by saying this, but I'm not sure Avon could stop Homestead's offense. I could be wrong. Lot's of answers when the Sectional 3 winner takes on Carmel. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Let's go Top 4. Who would you match up against Homestead, Dwenger, Snider, and Carroll?...............in that order. I'm going to offend a lot of people from Central Indiana by saying this, but I'm not sure Avon could stop Homestead's offense. I could be wrong. Lot's of answers when the Sectional 3 winner takes on Carmel. 

Avon/Brownsburg interchangeable at 1 and 2 (I think Brownsburg gets them in sectionals after a 7-3 loss and is my favorite to come out of the South). Fishers at 3. 4 could be a toss up between HSE Westfield FC and Zionsville. Whoever wants to show up that week. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Avon shut down Brownsburg's offense which is loaded with D1 talent...

(Edit:  Just saw the post above.)

To insinuate that Homestead would score at ease on Avon is laughable.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

We'll just have to wait and see how things go down in the tournament. I could be wrong about the SAC, or maybe I'm not. Time will tell. 

17 minutes ago, Temptation said:

(Edit:  Just saw the post above.)

To insinuate that Homestead would score at ease on Avon is laughable.

I watched that game. The play calling wasn’t very favorable for Brownsburg’s passing attack. Nothing imaginative. Practically limited to throwing deep balls to the WR heading to Purdue in 2 years. I would take Homestead’s passing O to cause Avon fits IF, big IF, Homestead could handle Avon’s D-Line. That 6’3 TE for Homestead opens up the middle.