Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 6 Scores and Updates - 2019

On 9/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, Justasportsfan said:

Personal foul on Luers puts Northrop 1st n goal..hit a fg to go up 27-26. 1 min left.

Questionable call..pass interference was the call..half the distance was granted with no automatic first down..didnt know that rule.

Yeah that rule always throws me off because it's different than the college and pro rules. Aside from personal foul penalties, no penalty (including pass interference) grants a first down unless the penalty yardage exceeds the yardage needed to get a first down.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah that rule always throws me off because it's different than the college and pro rules. Aside from personal foul penalties, no penalty (including pass interference) grants a first down unless the penalty yardage exceeds the yardage needed to get a first down.

There are a lot of personal fouls that don’t carry an automatic 1st down with their yardage penalty. Easiest way to remember is that only fouls that start with “roughing” carry an automatic 1st down: passer, kicker, holder and snapper.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Bobref said:

There are a lot of personal fouls that don’t carry an automatic 1st down with their yardage penalty. Easiest way to remember is that only fouls that start with “roughing” carry an automatic 1st down: passer, kicker, holder and snapper.

Thank you for clarifying and correcting me! It's hard to keep all of the rules straight at various levels of the game.