Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 7

19 minutes ago, Mechanic24 said:

SV over FC by whatever they want 

Attica over Covington by 35

RP over NC by 14

Game of the week NV over PH by 14 maybe more if NV dont have touchdowns called back agian!

Sheridan over Seeger by 21

I have to ask you a couple of questions. 

1. Is it true that North Vermillion couldn't catch a cold when they played Attica? I heard there were several dropped balls.

2. ARE YOU INSANE? HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE ATHLETES THAT PLAY FOR THE WOLFS? DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT BRIAN MOORE IS IN THE HALL OF FAME???

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Fountain Central at South Vermillion

Covington at Attica

Riverton Parke at North Central

Parke Heritage at North Vermillion

Sheridan at Seeger

South V. Unfortunately

Attica

RP

North V. By 2 touchdowns.  Hall of Fame coach and all.  

Sheridan by 2 touchdowns. 

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Covington at Attica

Sheridan at Seeger

South Vermillion 42, Fountain Central 13- the Fighting Calicos corral the Ponies in Clinton

Covington 22, Attica 20- The River Ewes mount a comeback but can't get the job done against the men of Troy

North Central 27, Riverton Parke 0- Don't care, just don't want RP to win

Parke Heritage 27, North Vermilion 20- WRC title on the line in Cayuga. Will Moore finally beat Crabtree? I think he takes this round...

Seeger 21, Sheridan 20- Hoping for Patriot choke slam of a Black Hawk, we shall see...

20 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

South Vermillion 42, Fountain Central 13- the Fighting Calicos corral the Ponies in Clinton

Covington 22, Attica 20- The River Ewes mount a comeback but can't get the job done against the men of Troy

North Central 27, Riverton Parke 0- Don't care, just don't want RP to win

Parke Heritage 27, North Vermilion 20- WRC title on the line in Cayuga. Will Moore finally beat Crabtree? I think he takes this round...

Seeger 21, Sheridan 20- Hoping for Patriot choke slam of a Black Hawk, we shall see...

I will be literally shocked if Sheridan loses to Seeger.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

It could happen. Sheridan not at full strength.

Well in the game of football I will concede anything is possible on any given night or afternoon, but Seeger's wins came from 2- 0fer teams and 2- from teams whose two wins were against 0fer teams. I just don't think Seeger has what it takes to beat Sheridan unless you are telling me they are beat up to the point they are playing seconds at several key positions.

Updated WRC power rankings for week 7:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs - 

The Wolfs are unbeatable at this point. Watching them play is like watching Usain Bolt racing Rosie O'Donnell. It's not even close.

2. North Vermillion Falcons

Another solid season is unfolding for the Falcons. It's not their fault they are in the same conference and sectional as the Wolfs. If you took the Wolfs out of the equation, NV would be WRC champs and probably win the sectional.  

3. Attica Red Ramblers

People can talk about how North Vermillion played a bad game against Attica, but the River Ewes tend to have that affect on teams. They are without a doubt the best going out of business team in Indiana.

4. Seeger Patriots

Herb King has the fighting Mel Gibsons sitting at 4-2 (!) for the first time since 2007, which coincidentally was Brian Moore's last season at Seeger. With Sheridan, South Vermillion, and North Vermillion left on the schedule, the fighting Mel Gibson's have an excellent chance to finish the regular season with a 7-2 record. That's a lot of pooping in Herb's yard. He has to have the most lush lawn in Covington. 

5. South Vermillion Wildcats

Barrett's Boys took it on the chin Friday night, but so has everyone else that's played the Wolfs. Not even Greg Barrett's mighty visor could shield his eyes from the gleam of excellence emanating from Brian Moore's freshly shorn cranium. 

6. Covington Trojans

The Men of Troy got a nice bounce back win against South Newton last week. Look for Covington to knock out a few more wins in the coming weeks.

7. Riverton Parke Panthers

With the Thunder Chickens on the schedule this week, look for the Panthers to pick up win number 3 on the season. I feel so confident about this that I would wager all of the stray dogs in Mecca on the outcome of this game.

8. Fountain Central Mustangs 

If only Brian Moore had left a little of his strong magic in Veedersburg.....brighter days are ahead for the Mustangs.

Brian Moore once appeared in an episode of the Crocodile Hunter, where he caught a cobra with his right hand, a black mamba with his left hand, then tied them together in a knot. He was bitten several times by each snake during the process. The snakes eventually passed away because there is no anti-venom for Brian Moore's blood. Steve Irwin was so upset at the death of the snakes he would never allow the episode to be aired. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Covington at Attica

Sheridan at Seeger

Mildcats cant't be tamed in this one

- After some tough losses, Barret pulls ahead of .500 on the season in Week 7.  Rather handily if I might add

Men of Troy fall in Attica

- Attica gets it done after narrow loss to NV.  By far the most physical team in the WRC. Expect them to handle Covington easily.  How much time does Travis Brown have left in the head coaching gig? My guess is he's about ready to pull out. Teach 6 class periods a day and head home. 

RP picks up win #3

- Don't see the Thunder Chickens pulling off win #2 even at home. RP looking for back-to-back wins in a long time. Expect them to be prepared. Likely the last win left on their schedule. 

Brian Moore and the Wolfs falls short in Cayuga. 

- Until Brian Moore comes up for an answer for the Crabtree/Blank combo, I pick NV.  PH certainly has the athletes to get it done, and I think it is Moore's best shot to beat Crabtree, I won't favor PH until it happens. I think this because of how hard NV plays.  PH is still unproven in big games.  NV had no chance last year and they got it done.  Crabtree coached teams have always been more fundamentally sound then Moore and I think that is why he has been successful.  

Despite this, expect this to be a 1 possession game.  Whoever has the ball last wins. No matter who wins this match up, Crabtree gets it done in the sectional.  Every time these guys have played, Crabtree's team dominates the second match up. 

Mama Says So!!

3 hours ago, Warriorfan said:

I will be literally shocked if Sheridan loses to Seeger.

3 hours ago, Warriorfan said:

Well in the game of football I will concede anything is possible on any given night or afternoon, but Seeger's wins came from 2- 0fer teams and 2- from teams whose two wins were against 0fer teams. I just don't think Seeger has what it takes to beat Sheridan unless you are telling me they are beat up to the point they are playing seconds at several key positions.

I'm not even going to argue with you. Facts are Facts. Seeger has won the games they were suppose to win, and have yet to beat someone they were not suppose to beat. I'm hoping this is that game they win that most think they don't stand a chance. This is Seeger's chance to prove this dog belongs in any fight. I will be shocked just like you if they pull it off, but I'm definitely pulling for them to do it. I'll also pull for them against South and North Vermillion too. But win or lose, a lot of locals in Warren County think this is the beginning of a new era in West Lebanon that might see some very good football being play at and away from Patriot Field.

• Like 1

My only goal for this week is there’s no belittling coaches, kids, or programs. No rumors or bs. Hate or love Moore he has done a lot for my son and his friends. 

2 great teams are going to battle Friday for the conference championship. 

2 great coaches. 

2 groups of great young men. 

Going to be a heck of a night in Cayuga. 

If wolves can stop the run, wolves 35 falcons 21. 

Please excuse tanka, he is obviously not from PH and enjoys his trolling. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Covington at Attica

Sheridan at Seeger

Know I am not probably allowed to comment, but I follow the WRC closely with some ties to it....so I will throw this in...

SV 42 FC 6

Attica 50 Covington 6

North Central 28 RP 0

PH 48 NV 41

Sheridan 30 Seeger 18

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

I'm not even going to argue with you. Facts are Facts. Seeger has won the games they were suppose to win, and have yet to beat someone they were not suppose to beat. I'm hoping this is that game they win that most think they don't stand a chance. This is Seeger's chance to prove this dog belongs in any fight. I will be shocked just like you if they pull it off, but I'm definitely pulling for them to do it. I'll also pull for them against South and North Vermillion too. But win or lose, a lot of locals in Warren County think this is the beginning of a new era in West Lebanon that might see some very good football being play at and away from Patriot Field.

Well i am by no means a Seeger "Hater" and if they do win then yes it is a boon for the program.  My nephew played on the State team, so i have done my cheering for the red white and blue. I of all people have no right to tell someone who they should or should not root for or wish good things for.  Most of my responses are based on what i believe to be a logical outcome but if I had a crystal ball and knew the future i wouldn't be spending time on the  GID. Best of luck to the PATS 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

My only goal for this week is there’s no belittling coaches, kids, or programs. No rumors or bs. Hate or love Moore he has done a lot for my son and his friends. 

2 great coaches. 

Relax and enjoy the week. We don’t get many like this. Personally, I don’t believe in bulletin board material. If you have to motivate your team with outside material, there may be a flaw in your operation. Now, I will admit that I find myself laughing at some of the garbage on here, and it may or may not have changed how I pronounce wolves, but it’s all for fun I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Relax and enjoy the week. We don’t get many like this. Personally, I don’t believe in bulletin board material. If you have to motivate your team with outside material, there may be a flaw in your operation. Now, I will admit that I find myself laughing at some of the garbage on here, and it may or may not have changed how I pronounce wolves, but it’s all for fun I think.

As a fan of PH i will be rooting for the Wolves, I know the program at NV is solid ans they are very capable of beating any team his will be a game that football fans should catch if possible. Its match-up like this that make high school football exciting.  Best of luck to both teams.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nitschke said:

Outstanding High School coaches relish contests like the NV/PH game. There are plenty of programs that seldom, if ever experience it.

Is this the biggest game in recent history of the WRC? If not who was bigger? Number 4 and number 6 being only 25 miles apart? How well could this team compete with 2-3 a state tourney if combined? 

Lots of great football in our conference for a long time

5 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Is this the biggest game in recent history of the WRC? If not who was bigger? Number 4 and number 6 being only 25 miles apart? How well could this team compete with 2-3 a state tourney if combined? 

Yes, there is outstanding football in the WRC. It would be very difficult to find better 1A football anywhere in Indiana. I don't think those outside the WRC understand that.

I'm not much for subjective speculation so I will let the others on here who know far more than I do about these things handle your questions.

19 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

2 great coaches. 

Show a post that belittles a player, team or coach. It’s not only un Christian and un American it’s against GID law. I swear to God it is 

6 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

2012 & 2013  NV & FC were better games.  If those years qualify as recent.  Those teams were better than these.  Still, this Friday has everything you want in a high school football game.  Most high school football games, especially at this level, are won by teams that can run the ball and defend the run.   In looking at this objectively, that is why Crabtree has not lost to Moore as of yet.  The NV teams have been able to control the line of scrimmage, run the ball, and defend the run better.   Even when Moore was at FC, that's were these games were won & lost. 

Does that mean that PH can't win on Friday, obviously not.  However, I think NV has the formula to give them problems.  PH seems a little too reliant on the pass, which could lead to more turnovers.  They need to establish a run game Friday and not be too impatient on offense.    Will PH be able to defend NV's run game and #12, Mr. Reynolds?