Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The Coronavirus - a virus from eating bats, an accident or something sinister gone wrong?

swordfish

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

A Kentucky Family of 7 Didn't Practice Social Distancing. Now Child Services Is Investigating the Parents for Abuse.

https://reason.com/2020/04/28/child-services-kentucky-social-distancing-covid-19-family-parents/

Never let a good crisis go to waste, in this case letting the state interfere with the lives of law-abiding citizens.  Shameful.

Red State Blues

On 3/24/2020 at 11:14 AM, gonzoron said:

Certainly not Trump’s fault. It’s not his fault this couple was dumb enough to believe him.

It's certainly not Trump's fault that those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome are dumb enough to believe CNN and the mainstream media fake news.

Homicide detectives investigating death of Arizona man who ingested fish tank cleaner.

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/police-investigating-death-of-arizona-man-from-chloroquine-phosphate/

The Mesa City Police Department's homicide division is investigating the death of Gary Lenius, the Arizona man whose wife served him soda mixed with fish tank cleaner in what she claimed was a bid to fend off the coronavirus. A detective handling the case confirmed the investigation to the Washington Free Beacon on Tuesday after requesting a recording of the Free Beacon's interviews with Lenius's wife, Wanda.

Gary Lenius, 68, died on March 22. Wanda, 61, told several news outlets last month that both she and her husband had ingested a substance used to clean aquariums after hearing President Donald Trump tout one of its ingredients, chloroquine phosphate, from the White House briefing room.

Detective Teresa Van Galder, the homicide detective handling the case for the Mesa City Police Department, confirmed that the investigation is ongoing but declined to provide additional details.

"As this is an active investigation, I cannot go into any details at this time regarding the case," Van Galder said. The Free Beacon provided a recording of its interview last month with Wanda Lenius.

News of the police probe comes after a series of Free Beacon stories raised questions about the portrayal of the couple in the initial NBC News report that vaulted the story onto the national stage.

Though that report and others suggested the couple mindlessly followed the president's medical advice to disastrous results, friends of Gary Lenius told the Free Beacon they were skeptical he would knowingly ingest fish tank treatment.

Rather, they described Lenius as a levelheaded retired engineer and recounted a troubled marital relationship that included a previous domestic assault charge against his wife, of which she was ultimately found not guilty. The Free Beacon also reported that Wanda Lenius was a Democratic donor whose most recent contribution went to a "pro-science" super PAC.

"What bothers me about this is that Gary was a very intelligent man, a retired [mechanical] engineer who designed systems for John Deere in Waterloo, Iowa, and I really can't see the scenario where Gary would say, ‘Yes, please, I would love to drink some of that Koi fish tank cleaner,'" one of his close friends told the Free Beacon. "It just doesn't make any sense."

• Disdain 1

4 hours ago, Howe said:

I did not see a reference in the article stating employees were being forced to return to Tyson. I highly doubt any union employee would receive attendance points or be fired as a result of not reporting to work. All union employees at my employer received 80 hours of “COVID-19” pay to be taken at the employees discretion and no one has received attendance points for not reporting to work. We have some who have not reported to work for the past 6 weeks.

Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/business/meat-processing-plant-workers-reaction-executive-order/index.html

Meat-processing plant workers are concerned about President Donald Trump's executive order that compels plants to remain open during the coronavirus pandemic. Meat plant employees are among America's most vulnerable workers, and some say they expect staff will refuse to come to work.

"All I know is, this is crazy to me, because I can't see all these people going back into work," said Donald, who works at Tyson's Waterloo, Iowa, facility. "I don't think people are going to go back in there."
Donald asked to be referred to by his first name only. He is currently recovering after testing positive for the virus.

"I'm still trying to figure out: What is he going to do, force them to stay open? Force people to go to work?" he asked.
CNN Business has spoken to employees in several Tyson plants who do not want to be named for fear of losing their jobs.

One worker who is employed at Tyson's Waterloo, Iowa, facility held out hope regarding Trump's order.

"All in all, it can be a good thing if done right," the person said. "But my faith in this administration has never been strong and is nonexistent currently. I wanna know what these added 'liability protections' are going to be."
Other workers are skeptical.
"I just don't know how they're going to do it when there are people dying and getting really sick," said an employee of Tyson's Independence, Iowa, plant. "Who's to say people are even gonna show up to work?"

Perhaps employers in these industries should offer some form of  hazard pay if they have not already.  Money talks.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Meat plant workers to Trump: Employees aren't going to show up

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/business/meat-processing-plant-workers-reaction-executive-order/index.html

Perhaps employers in these industries should offer some form of  hazard pay if they have not already.  Money talks.

Perhaps. However, no one is forcing anyone to work at a meat processing facility. Based on the statements from the President of the United Food & Commercial Workers Union,  99.98% of employees working the meat processing facilities have not died of the coronavirus.

• Disdain 1

40 minutes ago, Howe said:

Perhaps. However, no one is forcing anyone to work at a meat processing facility. Based on the statements from the President of the United Food & Commercial Workers Union,  99.98% of employees working the meat processing facilities have not died of the coronavirus.

Potentially the US can always import more meat than we already do.  Kinda think that's what the President is trying to avoid......But if the union doesn't want to work, Oh well. 

• Kill me now 1

20 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Potentially the US can always import more meat than we already do.  Kinda think that's what the President is trying to avoid......But if the union doesn't want to work, Oh well. 

And just like that, now all of a sudden people were citing CNN.

• Thanks 1

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/04/29/rutgers-professor-brittney-cooper-fck-each-and-every-trump-supporter/?fbclid=IwAR32_B6FkNFTsctpVYThSqLBjiASWH61vwtgOQsTmu17uV7F2bFsRKa-SZc

Rutgers prof Brittney Cooper

Rutgers University Professor Brittney Cooper unleashed a tirade at supporters of President Donald Trump in a social media thread this week. In response to the recent campaign to end Chinese virus shutdowns, Cooper posted, “Fuck each and every Trump supporter.”

According to a report by Campus Reform, Rutgers University Associate Professor of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Brittney Cooper came under fire this week after taking aim at Trump supporters in a lengthy Twitter thread.

“I am saying some obvious things this morning because as a country we are too good at skipping over the audience and we might as well say this to people as often as we can. Fuck each and every Trump supporter. You all absolutely did this. You are to blame,” Cooper wrote in one tweet.

Jdv_x6OZ_normal.jpg

Black people did not vote for this dude in any appreciable numbers. (Black men voted for him at 15% and they are dying the most.) No Black person deserves this and Black women knew it would be absolutely awful for him to be president. And now we all live in daily fear.

I am saying some obvious things this morning because as a country we are too good at skipping over the audience and we might as well say this to people as often as we can. Fuck each and every Trump supporter. You all absolutely did this. You are to blame.

Cooper wrote that it is “utterly absurd” to reopen the country at this stage of the ongoing pandemic. According to Cooper, white conservatives want to open the nation because it will “disproportionately” affect black Americans.

“I feel like most Black people are clear that this utterly absurd to push [sic] to re-open the country is all about a gross necropolitical calculation that it is Black people who are dying disproportionately from COVID. Not only do white conservatives not care about Black life, but my most cynical negative read of the white supremacists among them is that they welcome this massive winnowing of Black folks in order to slow demographic shifts and shore up political power.”

Professor Cooper has a history of bizarre remarks. In October 2019, Cooper argued during an interview on Oprah’s television network that the policies of the Trump administration have led to high levels of obesity for Black women.

“I hate when people talk about Black women being obese. I hate it because it becomes a way to blame us for a set of conditions that we didn’t create,” Cooper said. “We are living in the Trump era. And look, those policies kill our people. You can’t get access to good health care, good insurance.”

Not only is the Coronavirus Trump's fault, but her weight is as well.......Deeper TDS than I have ever seen......From a Rutgers professor......

• Like 2

On 4/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, Howe said:

Dr. Birx proves reporter wrong, classic Trump response.

What I like the most, the President takes the information provided to him by Dr. Birx as the truth and backs her up unequivocally in the face of this reporter who won't stop insisting he is right. 

Now in a very under-reported little story:

https://kvoa.com/news/top-stories/2020/04/28/yahoo-news-reporter-apologies-to-president-trump-for-question/

NEW YORK (AP) — A White House reporter for Yahoo News apologized to President Donald Trump for getting his facts wrong about coronavirus testing at a news conference Tuesday.

Hunter Walker had asked the president why South Korea had a higher rate of testing per capita than the United States.

Trump said he didn't think it was true, and directed the question to Dr. Deborah Birx, who corrected him.

The president taunted Walker, saying 'Are you going to apologize?'  Walker later apologized in a tweet, saying he had misread a chart. Also later, the president approached him and said he appreciated the apology.

I think these actions would qualify both men as Class Acts......(IMHO)

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, Howe said:

This is not normal behavior for a grown man.

1.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Jones Act Waiver Under Consideration to Bolster U.S. Oil Sector 48 minutes ago
  2.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Jones Act Waiver Under Consideration to Bolster U.S. Oil Sector 48 minutes ago
  3.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Marching toward a debt crisis 49 minutes ago
  4.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Marching toward a debt crisis 50 minutes ago
  5.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Marching toward a debt crisis 50 minutes ago
  6.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Marching toward a debt crisis 50 minutes ago
  7.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter.... 53 minutes ago
  8.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread 54 minutes ago
  9.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread 54 minutes ago
  10.  thumbs-down-512.png  TrojanDouche reacted to a post in a topic: New Donald Trump thread 54 minutes ago

Don't worry! Have some fun with it!

• Like 1

For those who persist in believing that the pandemic is “overblown,” or some sort of excuse to push an agenda, here is a sobering statistic. This publication is widely used by professionals. I got it from my wife who is a pediatric nurse practitioner and in charge of infection control/employee health at a Chicago hospital.

The bottom line here is that the seasonal index used to measure the severity of that year’s influenza wave last week was at 23.5, meaning that nearly a quarter of all American deaths during the past week occurred as a result of pneumonia, influenza (which is no longer in wide circulation) or COVID-19. In contrast, that’s almost triple the rate during the H1N1 pandemic of 2009.

Published in Respiratory Medicine and 

Expert Opinion / Commentary · April 29, 2020

COVID-19 in One Somber Graphic

Written by

12772.jpg Jonathan Temte MD, PhD

I have often heard COVID-19 compared to influenza, particularly when there is intent to question our collective actions. Social distancing, school closures, limited mobility, handwashing and use of facemasks impose a cost on all of us. Influenza is familiar and—to many—an easy comparator. Like SARS-CoV-2, it is a respiratory virus that contributes to significant morbidity and mortality on a yearly basis. As a researcher who has studied influenza in primary care and community settings for the past quarter century, however, I can attest SARS-CoV-2 is not like influenza. I respect influenza; SARS-CoV-2 scares me.

99865---GraphToday, as the U.S. has surpassed 1,000,000 cases of COVID-19 and we have tallied nearly 60,000 deaths, I provide a simple graphic for PracticeUpdate readers to ponder. The Influenza Branch at CDC has long used the Pneumonia and Influenza Mortality Index to gauge influenza’s passage. The index is based on the percentage of all deaths occurring in the U.S. that have pneumonia or influenza listed as a cause of death during a given week. A seasonal baseline is calculated as well as an “epidemic threshold.” When the P&I death percentage exceeds the threshold, we are seeing the excess of deaths that are typically related to influenza. Of late, deaths due to COVID-19 have been added to the equation… and that is where the similarities end. We recently hit an all-time high of 23.5%.[1] Nearly one quarter of Americans who died during the week ending on April 11, died of pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (and influenza was no longer in circulation). This compares to the 2009 influenza A(H1N1) pandemic’s P&I peak of 8.1%. January 2018 also witne ssed a very bad outbreak of influenza and registered 10.8%.

Like SARS-CoV-2, influenza can be controlled by social distancing, school closures, limited mobility, handwashing and use of facemasks. But, we also have ample testing capacity, vaccines and antiviral medications. Until we have good means for prevention, diagnosis, treatment and control of SARS-CoV-2, I advise caution in making too many easy comparisons.

Copyright © 2020 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Absolutely. Love playing the posse’s games!!  Fun stuff!!

You going to show me and give me another sit and spin vote???  😝 

Sit and spin votes are like accidents. They are completely preventable.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Democrats are going to continue to support an endless shutdown. That is their only chance of gaining power in November.

Even if the coronavirus is here to stay, society is going to return to normal and people are going to accept the consequences. It is inevitable and common sense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You're right....your behavior could prevent you from doing it....But that tells me you are rattled.  That is a metric of success!!

If by “rattled” you mean “winning” then I suppose you’re correct

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

3 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

You live in your own little world stalker.....

Only a little man that is batsh*t crazy would care about "winning" on a football forum.....

Oh no, here comes another sit and spin vote!!!!  🤣

Nah, haven’t received any from you today, so I’m good.

Barry should be along later, I’m sure he’ll make up for your loss.

18 minutes ago, Howe said:

Democrats are going to continue to support an endless shutdown. That is their only chance of gaining power in November.

Even if the coronavirus is here to stay, society is going to return to normal and people are going to accept the consequences. It is inevitable and common sense. 

You can’t blame these shutdowns on Democrats.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

22 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Howard is now my sockpuppet???

Those other guys are right. You HAVE gone off the deep end.

No, NightHawk. Just admit it.

What "other guys"? Can you please give names?

• Disdain 1