Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

July 6th - Maybe??

Spoke to HOF Mannering yesterday at church. He mentioned that July 6th is not looking very promising. Saying that there are way too many issues that are unknown.  

Has anyone else heard anything about re-opening schools and high school sports activities?

14 minutes ago, Sports Fan said:

Spoke to HOF Mannering yesterday at church. He mentioned that July 6th is not looking very promising. Saying that there are way too many issues that are unknown.  

Has anyone else heard anything about re-opening schools and high school sports activities?

That's surprising.   Was only 277 cases today in indiana and keeps trending downward.       

• Like 1

I think the NFHS, the IDOE, the IHSAA and the IFCA have handed out a lot of suggestions and guidelines. But without anyone at the highest levels of the state saying these are mandates/expectations to follow those suggestions are just that, suggestions............and sadly enough, just as we see in the numerous states during their re-openings, it becomes open to interpretation. I feel good about what has been handed out, but without hard and fast mandates, there are simply too many moving parts..............July will be interesting

I am not trusting the state numbers. We had an exposure at a family dinner. We all went and got tested at different optum sites on 6/15. The optum database crashed and results for a lot of my family could not be processed. We all were advised today to reschedule  testing appointments. I have not heard a single news outlet report on this lose of tests last week. 

I agree with MC on his bit about the numbers......I get the feeling state folks are being told from the highest offices, to "cherry pick" certain counties in states when they display the numbers.........could be very misleading, which in the end creates a false sense of security for the public.......which in turn can effect the football season

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

We are all set to go on July 6th here after many meetings and school protocols in place.   

Can I ask what some of those protocols might be?  Interested in other schools ideas on how to make this successful.

We will have different lifting and conditioning pods with 10-12 players in each POD,  same POD, Same Time, Monday thru Thursday 

In house practice 2 days a week, for 2 hours, no pads

Practicing Social distancing where applicable and coaches where Masks at all times.   

School is shut down and off limits Friday thru Sunday   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cw13 said:

I agree with MC on his bit about the numbers......I get the feeling state folks are being told from the highest offices, to "cherry pick" certain counties in states when they display the numbers.........could be very misleading, which in the end creates a false sense of security for the public.......which in turn can effect the football season

The truth is. This has been here a long time. Its been running rampant. At this point the chances of all of us having an exposure a very very high. Cdc numbers put IFR (infection fatality rate) at .26, and they even said that may be high. Go on the indiana covid site. All the information is there. Hospital admissions are WAY down. Covid census WAY down. Of our 2363 deaths 1200 are nursing home patients. Only 68 deaths in IN under 50. Under 40 only 23 deaths. This has not been the pandemic it was hyped to be. And its severity is disappearing. Look at italy. Their top infectious disease doctor said the case severity has change from a lion to a house cat. Let's go back to school and play ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cw13 said:

Oh good grief... 

1 hour ago, Raven67 said:

The truth is. This has been here a long time. Its been running rampant. At this point the chances of all of us having an exposure a very very high. Cdc numbers put IFR (infection fatality rate) at .26, and they even said that may be high. Go on the indiana covid site. All the information is there. Hospital admissions are WAY down. Covid census WAY down. Of our 2363 deaths 1200 are nursing home patients. Only 68 deaths in IN under 50. Under 40 only 23 deaths. This has not been the pandemic it was hyped to be. And its severity is disappearing. Look at italy. Their top infectious disease doctor said the case severity has change from a lion to a house cat. Let's go back to school and play ball.

See you on 8/14

1 hour ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Oh good grief... 

Charlie Brown

1 hour ago, Sports Fan said:

All, this is great information.  I appreciate all the different pieces of information.  I just hope the schools investigate to this degree at a minimum.

I promise you that every Superintendent, Principal, and Athletic Director have had countless conversations at each and every school in our state about everything Covid Related 

Nobody is going into this blind from a coaching/school perspective.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gipper said:

Baseball will be playing a 60 game season:  the plot thickens...

DBB030C2-D6EE-4AEB-93B0-B214BC5C5FD1.jpeg

This is how I feel when I go to read the "news" anymore...  I'll refrain from saying why I dread it...

One thing I don't get: everybody is talking about how there is a new spike in cases but doesn't that make sense assuming that we are testing more?  Or does that only make sense if you, like me, assume that this stuff has been here for a lot longer than early to mid March?

I feel like the early days of returning to workouts actually favors smaller schools.  It is much easier to schedule small group workouts to comply with the current suggested guidelines when you are dealing with smaller groups to begin with.  I wonder how larger schools, 3-6A, are planning to move forward?  Seems like it could be a bit difficult.

1gmzqw.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cw13 said:

At what point reading this article did you think, “Wow. This will really add value to a football practice discussion thread. I bet they don’t know how to use google and will miss it if I don’t post it there.”

Looking forward to July 6th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachDurham said:

I would say it would be 8/15

I actually LOVE the 8/15 date MUCH MORE than the 8/14 date. 8/15 allows for FULL FAN attendance. YES!