Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big Ten = no football

Julio

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Individuals 18+ years of age are not "kids", they are by practically every law of the land adults.   I submit that you and others on this forum do these young adults a great disservice with your baseless assumptions that without the  "structure" of college football/athletics most if not all of them would become mindless party animals.

18-21 year olds equates to young adults. I was just clarifying what I meant when stated "kids." Not really kids and not really explaining myself to you as much as I am others on this forum.

You need to take off your blinders and come out of your happy place. 

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You are the one with preconceived notions friend, not I.

Again, take off your blinders and stop ignoring the facts. Young adults (not all) still make foolish choices. They're better off in sports...........it gives them not only "structure," but purpose. Sad that some "selfishly" don't see this. 

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Again, take off your blinders and stop ignoring the facts. Young adults (not all) still make foolish choices. They're better off in sports...........it gives them not only "structure," but purpose. Sad that some "selfishly" don't see this. 

So these football scholarship and non-scholarship young adults can only find structure and purpose in a sport?   What about academics, the true reason they should be attending the institution in the first place?  There is not structure and purpose in that?  

No friend, it is you with the selfish blinders on, not I.

37 minutes ago, BTF said:

They can find that outside of an athletic event sponsored by a university. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So these football scholarship and non-scholarship young adults can only find structure and purpose in a sport?   What about academics, the true reason they should be attending the institution in the first place?  There is not structure and purpose in that?  

No friend, it is you with the selfish blinders on, not I.

Stop pretending to be offended...

They are still going to have more time on their hands and be more social then they would be playing; that was the point.  

Stop trying to twist it.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Temptation said:

Stop pretending to be offended...

They are still going to have more time on their hands and be more social then they would be playing; that was the point.  

Stop trying to twist it.

I am not personally offended.  It is these young adults who you are offending with your hyperbolic statements.

Why yes, we need to keep these elite athletes minds completely on football else they will be more "social" and bad things will automatically happen.  Do you even read what you type?

On 8/12/2020 at 6:43 AM, Irishman said:

Nebraska is doing the same thing. Options are quickly running out. My guess is the SEC would let OSU in. Nebraska back in the Big 12 for a year? 

Now Nebraska is saying they won't jump to another conference this year.  I wish someone would make up their mind already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I am not personally offended.  It is these young adults who you are offending with your hyperbolic statements.

Why yes, we need to keep these elite athletes minds completely on football else they will be more "social" and bad things will automatically happen.  Do you even read what you type?

Once again, you are reaching.  It’s time management more than needing football as a “distraction.”

When I have a day off at work, I tend to go out to eat more often, go shopping and spend more time in public.  Most people do.  It’s common sense.

You are trying to turn this into some sort of victimization statement about student athletes. Be better.

9 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Once again, you are reaching.  It’s time management more than needing football as a “distraction.”

When I have a day off at work, I tend to go out to eat more often, go shopping and spend more time in public.  Most people do.  It’s common sense.

You are trying to turn this into some sort of victimization statement about student athletes. Be better.

*sigh* There you go:

badgers-moving-goalposts.jpg?w=300&h=188

Just now, Temptation said:

I make a living working with young adults and speak to them on a personal level daily, you?

I'm not paid to do it  but I work with and speak with youth and young adults on a personal level at least weekly.

Your complete and utter distrust of them is frankly shocking.  Must be that government school job thing. I hear it tends to wear you down after a decade or two.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

I'm not paid to do it  but I work with and speak with youth and young adults on a personal level at least weekly.

Your complete and utter distrust of them is frankly shocking.  Must be that government school job thing. I hear it tends to wear you down after a decade or two.

You in Arcadia too, huh?  How many high/next level athletes are they churning out?

if you honestly think 18 to 22 year olds are going to “socially distance” after getting their football season stripped from them you are more clueless than I thought.

And it has nothing to do with distrust...

12 minutes ago, Temptation said:

You in Arcadia too, huh?  How many high/next level athletes are they churning out?

if you honestly think 18 to 22 year olds are going to “socially distance” after getting their football season stripped from them you are more clueless than I thought.

If you have athletic activity, you are essentially mandating opportunities to violate social-distancing protocols. Removing the governmental stamp of approval from such activities has value. You control what you can control.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I make a living working with young adults and speak to them on a personal level daily, you?

I hope you're not attempting to teach them English Tommy Boy. I believe that's one of the classes you skipped at Colorado Tech to attend frat parties.

• Sit and spin 1

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

No. I do not live in Arcadia.  And I have no idea how many high/next level athletes they are churning out.  Do you?

I give them much more credit than you obviously do.  And if it is not about your inherent distrust then what is it about?

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I hope you're not attempting to teach them English Tommy Boy. I believe that's one of the classes you skipped at Colorado Tech to attend frat parties.

I did not attend Colorado Tech.  And I am not a English Major like you apparently are.   Where is your English degree from again?  What higher institution of learning?

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I did not attend Colorado Tech.  And I am not a English Major like you apparently are.   Where is your English degree from again?  What higher institution of learning?

If you'll take the time to notice, my quote was a reply to @Temptation, not you.

Sheesh.

Comprehend much?

First day on the GID?

Edited by gonzoron
  • Sit and spin 1

Two halves of a brain equals a full one.

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No. I do not live in Arcadia.  And I have no idea how many high/next level athletes they are churning out.  Do you?

I give them much more credit than you obviously do.  And if it is not about your inherent distrust then what is it about?

It’s about common sense.  To get to an elite level (Big Ten/power 5) most have to eat, sleep, and breathe their sport for years.

Suddenly, in an instant it is taken away from them.  (I say “taken” because the majority of them want to play.).  The activity that they have spent countless hours from morning until night perfecting vanishes.  

They will now spend their time elsewhere.  Regardless if it was at a party or not, that was just one example.  College campuses by nature are loaded with social activities.

These athletes still have to go to class with hundreds of other students (a much higher risk than just playing football), and will be in public much more than they would have been had their sport went on as planned.

This isn’t that hard to comprehend.  

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Temptation said:

It’s about common sense.  To get to an elite level (Big Ten/power 5) most have to eat, sleep, and breathe their sport for years.

Suddenly, in an instant it is taken away from them.  (I say “taken” because the majority of them want to play.).  The activity that they have spent countless hours from morning until night perfecting vanishes.  

They will now spend their time elsewhere.  Regardless if it was at a party or not, that was just one example.  College campuses by nature are loaded with social activities.

These athletes still have to go to class with hundreds of other students (a much higher risk than just playing football), and will be in public much more than they would have been had their sport went on as planned.

This isn’t that hard to comprehend.  

Gee, life isn't fair.  Good lesson for these pampered Big Ten/power 5 elite athletes.  And kind of sad they have had to "eat, sleep, and breathe their sport" at such a young age.  I wonder what real choice many of them had in the matter?

And how awful, having to "be out in public at social activities" with the non-athlete plebes instead of up in the Big Ten/power 5 football Ivory Tower where they are told what to say, what to eat, when to sleep, etc.  

In other words they have to be a regular college student for a while.  I hope they survive, I really do.

25 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Gee, life isn't fair.  Good lesson for these pampered Big Ten/power 5 elite athletes.  And kind of sad they have had to "eat, sleep, and breathe their sport" at such a young age.  I wonder what real choice many of them had in the matter?

And how awful, having to "be out in public at social activities" with the non-athlete plebes instead of up in the Big Ten/power 5 football Ivory Tower where they are told what to say, what to eat, when to sleep, etc.  

In other words they have to be a regular college student for a while.  I hope they survive, I really do.

Jeff Brohm admitted this morning on the news that he is very concerned about what his players will be doing when they don't have football to occupy their time. But what does he know, right? 

Sad that you're naive enough to believe that young people will sit in their dorms while reading books and playing video games.  

Edited by BTF
correction

10 hours ago, BTF said:

Jeff Brohm admitted this morning on the news that he is very concerned about what his players will be doing when they don't have football to occupy their time. But what does he know, right? 

Sad that you're naive enough to believe that young people will sit in their dorms while reading books and playing video games.  

While posting on the GID every 45 minutes like he did yesterday...

While most of us are out living it, he’s behind a keyboard slobbering senseless drivel out of his mouth trying to speak about the “real world” while looking out his window at corn stalks, tractors and barns.

Arcadia, lol.

Edited by Guest