Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big Ten = no football

Julio

On 8/12/2020 at 4:52 PM, BTF said:

Apparently not. The SEC, Big 12, and ACC are still moving forward. Props to those conferences. They apparently have more of a spine than the Big 10 and the Pac 12. The Pac 12 doesn't surprise me one bit, but the Big Ten is a head scratcher. 

This question has not been posed yet:  

Would Jim Delaney made the same decision?   Me thinks not 

43 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Warren’s son plays at Mississippi State and has not opted out!!!  Hypocrisy at its finest.

Caved to the pressure despite what logic/numbers/common sense states.

Lincoln Riley let Oklahoma players go home. Only 25% of players left campus, but nine of those that left came back and tested positive.

Muda?  Are you out there?  Stop shucking corn and open your eyes...

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

It seems to be the new guy that always screws things up. See Myles Brand. Well, not always. But Myles Brand is a case in point.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Temptation said:

Lincoln Riley let Oklahoma players go home. Only 25% of players left campus, but nine of those that left came back and tested positive.

Interesting fact. I would love to know what "facts" the Big Ten used in coming to their decision.

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Interesting fact. I would love to know what "facts" the Big Ten used in coming to their decision.

None.  Fear of liability.

High school is playing, muddle school is playing, elementary aged local and travel leagues are playing yet the Big Ten/PAC 12 punted on first down.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:35 PM, Temptation said:

Muda?  Are you out there?  Stop shucking corn and open your eyes...

Had some family over on Saturday for a couple of birthday celebrations.  Shucked a couple dozen ears of corn and then made cooler corn.  Along with pulled pork and fruit salad it made a fantastic meal.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, Temptation said:

While posting on the GID every 45 minutes like he did yesterday...

While most of us are out living it, he’s behind a keyboard slobbering senseless drivel out of his mouth trying to speak about the “real world” while looking out his window at corn stalks, tractors and barns.

Arcadia, lol.

Again, I do not reside in Arcadia.  Do you?

And unfortunately my current abode doesn't have a view of corn stalks, tractors, or barns.  I wish it did, though.

Have you directed your rage at the cancelling of the Big 10 season to Mr. Warren and all the university presidents who voted for the cancellation?

We Can Usually Count on Ohio State to Produce Top-Tier Oblivious Athletes: https://deadspin.com/we-can-usually-count-on-ohio-state-to-produce-top-tier-1844748260

If you ever need to find someone who doesn’t get it, you can generally consult Ohio State to come up with a candidate for you. That’s what we have currently with quarterback Justin Fields starting a petition, which currently has 200,000 signatures, to get the Big Ten to reverse its decision to not play football this fall due to the, y’know, virulent pandemic currently cutting a swath through the country six months after it first arrived. But hey, those dead people and possible future dead people don’t ball, right?

On some level, you understand where Fields is coming from. He’s got a lot on the line here. The Ohio State QB is almost always a direct line to being a high draft pick into the NFL. Fields might even be the No. 1 pick the next NFL draft, whenever that might be. He might be concerned that not playing, or playing during or after the next NFL draft, might hurt his chances at becoming that. Or having more than a full year off from competitive football might not see his skills be as sharp, and drop his stock.

The thing that Fields, or any of these other “MUH RIGHTS” morons don’t get is that it doesn’t matter if you want to play or not. We all want to do the things we can’t do right now. I want to scream at the asshat putting Dave Matthews on the jukebox over my Van Halen songs before I fall headfirst into my own vomit puddle at the bar. That’s what I want to be doing, that’s part and parcel of my life (Ladies?).

But I know that what I want can’t happen right now. It’s not safe. And for those who can’t separate what they want from what’s safe, they essentially have to be protected from themselves, and those of us who actually understand the world at the moment have to be protected from them.

Fields’ petition says that the players themselves can follow whatever protocols to keep them safe and healthy, but as we’ve extensively covered, any cross-section of either athletes or college students cannot. And given the extensive number of players on college football teams and the amount of teams in just the Power 5 conferences, there’s almost no chance every single player would follow protocols to the hilt and not put at least their entire team in danger. Things would have to go perfectly, as the NCAA’s own chief medical officer told CNN Sunday. Which we ain’t happening.  

Understand that this is America, where people feel they should always get what they want, when they want, and if they don’t it’s a violation of everything we hold dear and they’re going to stamp their feet about it in the middle of a Walmart or while pouring their apple-tini over some poor server’s head, but that’s what Fields is doing here. And seeing as how he’s still a kid, even if he’s on the precipice of being a millionaire, someone needs to tell him how things really work. In fact, they already have in the form of the Big Ten’s decision to postpone its season, but someone has to get Fields and the rest of them to listen.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Videos posted to social media show a mostly maskless crowd gathered for a party at off-campus housing near Georgia college: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/us/university-north-georgia-packed-party/index.html

No doubt mostly football players....................................

You're trying too hard.  The state of Georgia is fully open and both high school and collegiate football are taking place there.  This is, however, a great example of common 18-22 year old behavior outside of Arcadia or whatever farming community you call home.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

You're trying too hard.  The state of Georgia is fully open and both high school and collegiate football are taking place there.  This is, however, a great example of common 18-22 year old behavior outside of Arcadia or whatever farming community you call home.

Trying too hard for what exactly?  

And your disdain of "farming communities" is duly noted.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Trying too hard for what exactly?  

And your disdain of "farming communities" is duly noted.

Trying to hard to stir the pot with your condescending tone.  

No disdain, just pointing out the fact that they are not churning out D1 football players so whatever youth you are interacting with at the local coffee shop next to the flashing red light, do not represent reality.

Just now, Temptation said:

No disdain, just pointing out the fact that they are not churning out D1 football players so whatever youth you are interacting with at the local coffee shop next to the flashing red light, do not represent reality.

No, friend, your disdain is real.  Too you only big city D1 football players, and not the youth at the local coffee shop next to the flashing red light, represent reality.   You are a big city zealot, admit it.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

No, friend, your disdain is real.  Too you only big city D1 football players, and not the youth at the local coffee shop next to the flashing red light, represent reality.   You are a big city zealot, admit it.

We’re talking football players.  Who is moving the goal posts now Andy Griffith?

15 hours ago, Temptation said:

We’re talking football players.  Who is moving the goal posts now Andy Griffith?

You did, with this statement:  "so whatever youth you are interacting with at the local coffee shop next to the flashing red light, do not represent reality."

And I content those youth and their experiences are as "real" as anything a D1 OMG! Athlete experiences while holed up in the B10 football Ivory Tower.

Speaking of Arcadia, great little coffee shop there called The Remnant. It has the hip rural appeal that gets mimicked in places like Broad Ripple and Fountain Square. Rural Indiana has some gems. I agree with Nowlin; Delaney wouldn't have cancelled the season. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out as it's now unclear whether a formal vote of Big Ten Presidents was actually taken.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, Muda69 said:

Had some family over on Saturday for a couple of birthday celebrations.  Shucked a couple dozen ears of corn and then made cooler corn.  Along with pulled pork and fruit salad it made a fantastic meal.

Oh yeah!  Pulled pork and corn on the cob!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

He went to the land of Ellenwood's as well.  

Emailed asking for his account to be deleted

Honored per request 

Really? Left on his own accord? I find that hard to believe.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

What does Coach Nowlin have to gain by lying about this? 

How would I know? Lol, something happened. Temptation wouldn't just leave without some kind of pressure. Anyway, if I have a question for Coach Nowlin, I'll just pm him. I'm not going to engage in you gaslighting the situation. 

• Disdain 1