Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 2

6 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Any truth to HH playing without some starters due to quarantine?  That score seems impossible.

Yes, we were down at least 4.  Stupid thing is, I don't think any of them actually had it, but were exposed.  I am tired of this nonsense.

As for HH football, that can't matter.  Suck it up, and find a way to win.  Don't hang your head.  I am not sure they ever had an intention to win.  Attitude is terrible right now.  This team needs a leader.

11 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Yes, we were down at least 4.  Stupid thing is, I don't think any of them actually had it, but were exposed.  I am tired of this nonsense.

As for HH football, that can't matter.  Suck it up, and find a way to win.  Don't hang your head.  I am not sure they ever had an intention to win.  Attitude is terrible right now.  This team needs a leader.

You guys graduated 21 of 22 or something and like everyone else were left without much of an offseason.  It will take some time and I’m sure the leadership will establish soon enough with the tough start. One of the kids will step up for the entire locker room soon enough 

36 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

You guys graduated 21 of 22 or something and like everyone else were left without much of an offseason.  It will take some time and I’m sure the leadership will establish soon enough with the tough start. One of the kids will step up for the entire locker room soon enough 

Yeah, but graduation happens every year.  Everyone got the same ridiculous offseason.  This is Patriot football, the expectation is higher than losing at the Jungle in your home opener and then getting blanked by TC.  I'm not a casual observer--I have poured quite a bit of time, blood, sweat and tears into this program over the years.   We need to do better.

This is no excuse. Take nothing away from TC, they were physical and wanted the game......but you have to question what the HH AD was thinking here. A team loses 10 starters from last year, and is relatively young.  Then on game day, after 12 o’clock noon send four or five starting players home to quarantine, not to mention others. Why would you think it’s okay to send a team to play a varsity game at half strength?? It’s not fair to the coaches!  It’s not fair to those kids who didn’t get a weeks worth of #1 reps!  It’s not the best thing for Friday night lights!!  That said the HH youngsters never stopped playing.  Never quit.  AND learned a valuable lesson about what a Friday night is all about. 

Congrats TC on your win.  
I’m over the whole Covid thing

2 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

This is no excuse. Take nothing away from TC, they were physical and wanted the game......but you have to question what the HH AD was thinking here. A team loses 10 starters from last year, and is relatively young.  Then on game day, after 12 o’clock noon send four or five starting players home to quarantine, not to mention others. Why would you think it’s okay to send a team to play a varsity game at half strength?? It’s not fair to the coaches!  It’s not fair to those kids who didn’t get a weeks worth of #1 reps!  It’s not the best thing for Friday night lights!!  That said the HH youngsters never stopped playing.  Never quit.  AND learned a valuable lesson about what a Friday night is all about. 

Congrats TC on your win.  
I’m over the whole Covid thing

This is an excellent point, but at the end, I still say play the game.  Run what you brung and find a way to win.

2 minutes ago, Sacked said:

So does TC have anything for SR in the small school division?

TC is hungry and it shows!! They play physical.  They are quick up front defensively. They have bought into what their coach is preaching.  They have been waiting on this class for years.  With that said, SR is still the better team.  But TC is much improved, and could very well be the favorite or at minimum co-favorite in the 2A sectional!

2 hours ago, Sacked said:

So does TC have anything for SR in the small school division?

At full strength, HH is decidedly better than TC.  Unlikely that TC can give Southridge much.   But this year, who knows from week to week.

On 8/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, HHPatriots said:

Just a guess, and I may revise this in a couple weeks, but if I were guessing, SR beats TC by 4 scores.  Maybe more.

So if SR is 4 TDs better than TC does that make SR 9 TD's better than HH? Asking for a friend.

Tell City fan here. The change in coaching has made this a totally different team. They are disciplined and believe in the system. Tell City needs to take one game at a time, but down the road in a couple of weeks vs Southridge if both teams are healthy, I'll take your guys 4 touchdowns advantage. Confidence is a big thing in high school sports and I'm starting to see it. Must get through next week against Forest Park, a beat them two times to end the season last year.

7 minutes ago, titans20 said:

Tell City fan here. The change in coaching has made this a totally different team. They are disciplined and believe in the system. Tell City needs to take one game at a time, but down the road in a couple of weeks vs Southridge if both teams are healthy, I'll take your guys 4 touchdowns advantage. Confidence is a big thing in high school sports and I'm starting to see it. Must get through next week against Forest Park, a beat them two times to end the season last year.

Coach Webb has done a great job with Tell City so far this year and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. The staff he has now is top notch and the players believe in them. 

Hoping he doesn’t have to deal with any teachers/parents trying to undermine him during the season like in years past. That can hurt a team 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachClements said:

Coach Webb has done a great job with Tell City so far this year and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. The staff he has now is top notch and the players believe in them. 

Hoping he doesn’t have to deal with any teachers/parents trying to undermine him during the season like in years past. That can hurt a team 

Shots fired!

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I might change my mind in a couple weeks but would love to see a Boonville vs TC game!

It was the perfect storm Friday night in Boonville. 4 of the O-line starters were out. 3 being 2 way guys. Southridge scoring quick and Boonville was forced to pass. Would love to see a Bville vs TC game as well. I'm looking forward to the Bville vs HH game Friday hopefully both teams have there starters back. 

7 hours ago, JQWL said:

Shots fired!

Coach Webb, while young, has always been tough-minded and intelligent. Being a SS grad, he knows the lie of the land and I'm sure if his team keeps performing as they did against HH, he'll be fine for a few years, then he'll likely dictate where he wants to coach (I know that's a lot to assume two wins in, but if they beat SS, it'll be 3-0 in rival games -- they matter).

I'm all for teams still playing the games if they have enough kids to field a team. Who knows how many games they'll get this year and it could give younger kids some experience. Props to HH for giving it a go, despite knowing that they may suffer another loss. I'm a big "don't-let-Covid-win" guy. Tell City is looking solid but I still think SR beats them handily. It is cool seeing Tell City and Forest Park do well though.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cappy said:

He may be where he wants to coach now

I've never met a Rebel who wants to be a Marksman... But maybe you're right. TC is a notoriously difficult place to stay, as many are still living in the 1980s athletically.

I went to school with the Kramers and Harpenaus... Try as we might we could never get Ben, a 6-foot-5 athletic 300 pound lineman, to come play at Heritage Hills with his step brother (same class, went to Wabash to play football). Ben went to Purdue and I think eventually got on scholarship throwing hammer throw.... he was recruited heavily by small DIs and to walk on at Big 10 schools.

I then covered TC closely for 5 years 2008-13ish... Lots of really good individual football, basketball, and baseball players. I thought their best recent coach was Ryan George, who left for the Cincy area and before last season he went to Texas...Shame, but if Mac wants to dictate that he coaches at TC in the future, then more power to him.

On 8/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, Titan32 said:

So if SR is 4 TDs better than TC does that make SR 9 TD's better than HH? Asking for a friend.

Well, as you know it doesn't work like that, but yeah....more or less.  We have a real mess to clean up if we are going to come out of this season with more than 3 wins.  

Graduation happens every year and can't be the excuse.  'Rona can't be the excuse.  We lost a veteran coach can't be the excuse.  Excuses have to stop--find a way to win.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, CoachClements said:

Indeed.  Having a bunch of family/friends in Tell City that is what I hear all the time.  Tell City wants to go back to the success of years past--of course, who wouldn't, but they think they can get it in one year.  It takes time.  

My father in law (who is 83) is always surprised to hear when Tell City is beat at anything, he always says, "Back in my day, nobody beat Tell City.  If you beat them, you have done something"  A little context--he played basketball for Chrisney High School.

I'm happy for Tell City, I hope they keep this going.  Great win Friday night, congrats.

By the way Eric Hendrickson (TC OC Coach) was mowing his grass this past weekend with his Marksman shirt on and a big smile on his face--he lives in Christmas lake village--gotta love that.  

• Like 1