Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Whiteland backs out of game vs valpo

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Source 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-spt-football-notes-st-082820-20200827-euk2gtyqsvcijcxjwjai7f3ubi-story.html

once again region proves its superior to rest of state 

also calumet unlikely to play this year 

Am I missing something or......is there sarcasm or a joke here?  Or...

either there is some major confusion....there is a typo with the teams....this is a big tongue in cheek comment....or the region journalism is about a week behind to figure things out  lol  

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Source 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-spt-football-notes-st-082820-20200827-euk2gtyqsvcijcxjwjai7f3ubi-story.html

Region is definitely not superior...  LOL

20 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

I checked the last 10 years and here the are football champs from the region:

6A - none

5A - none

4A - none

3A - Andrean(2013)

2A - Does Rensselaer Central make the cut in the Region?  I think they are too far south, once again, none.

1A - none

I guess I too missed the superior part...

@Coach NowlinNowlin might be a good source to test that premise.

9 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Source 

I think the ranking for the state goes

1. Central Indy

T2. Ft. Wayne / Evansville 

4. Every other part of the state that is not a big city or "the region"

5. The region

41 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

So you say.  It's unfortunate this match-up will not take place as I am a big fan of games like this. 

5 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

I think the ranking for the state goes

1. Central Indy

T2. Ft. Wayne / Evansville 

4. Every other part of the state that is not a big city or "the region"

5. The region

lol--what are you basing this on?

Edited by Gipper

11 minutes ago, Gipper said:

So you say.  It's unfortunate this match-up will not take place as I am a big fan of games like this. 

lol--what are you basing this on?

lol just an opinion trying to stir the pot honestly. But thinking of it Ft. Wayne would be #2 and Evansville #3. Done trolling lol

Edited by FridayNightLights

59 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

I checked the last 10 years and here the are football champs from the region:

6A - none

5A - none

4A - none

3A - Andrean(2013)

2A - Does Rensselaer Central make the cut in the Region?  I think they are too far south, once again, none.

1A - none

I guess I too missed the superior part...

We were heavily covered during those years by both the THE TIMES and THE POST TRIBUNE:

Times for reason that I still cannot fathom, could of struck it RICH in Rensselaer in 2014-2015 with new subscribers, they would have some at gas stations and if you could not get there by 7:30 a.m they would be GONE

Post Tribune still covers us.   

16 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

We were heavily covered during those years by both the THE TIMES and THE POST TRIBUNE:

Times for reason that I still cannot fathom, could of struck it RICH in Rensselaer in 2014-2015 with new subscribers, they would have some at gas stations and if you could not get there by 7:30 a.m they would be GONE

I read the times every now and then—KV , RCHS, and North Newton all get limited coverage.

My Rebels, not so much, but they do in the Journal & Courier.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

I’m kidding but we are getting better at football just don’t have the numbers indy has 

The Region will be back.  The enrollment numbers are there, it just needs to come together more.  Valpo has made great strides, Lowell is consistently tough (as are NCC compatriots Andrean and Hobart), let’s see who’s next—KV?  Michigan City?  Hanover?  Couldn’t tell you, that’s why they play the games.

4 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The Region will be back.  The enrollment numbers are there, it just needs to come together more.  Valpo has made great strides, Lowell is consistently tough (as are NCC compatriots Andrean and Hobart), let’s see who’s next—KV?  Michigan City?  Hanover?  Couldn’t tell you, that’s why they play the games.

Love that stadium at Michigan City.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Rennsy is NWI, not Region.

The two are NOT one and the same.

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Agree when I lived in whiting and worked in crown point drove to demotte and Rennsy for business and it was a haul

It is a haul, regardless if 3 lines are being added to I-65.  Furthermore, I actually believe DT!!!  The Region and NWI are two separate things.  Newsflash, I'm a (proud) SN alum.  Yes SN is in Northwest Indiana, but not in the Region.  I consider Kentland and Goodland  much more aligned with Lafayette.  Going to the mall meant Tippecanoe, not Southlake.  Pierogis?  Although I am proudly Polish, but most people in my neck of the woods don't know what they are.  Dem, Der, and Dose--whatever, enough Ditka speak.

7 minutes ago, Gipper said:

It is a haul, regardless if 3 lines are being added to I-65.  Furthermore, I actually believe DT!!!  The Region and NWI are two separate things.  Newsflash, I'm a (proud) SN alum.  Yes SN is in Northwest Indiana, but not in the Region.  I consider Kentland and Goodland  much more aligned with Lafayette.  Going to the mall meant Tippecanoe, not Southlake.  Pierogis?  Although I am proudly Polish, but most people in my neck of the woods don't know what they are.  Dem, Der, and Dose--whatever, enough Ditka speak.

Man when I worked in St. John drove to Kentland to record a mortgage talk about a haul