Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Bishop Chatard

12 minutes ago, IrishAlum22 said:

touchdown cathedral and completly busted them in the air attack. Cam jordan and micheal page. rest of the night will be fun to watch!

12-0 missed field goal and 2 point conversion. marched the ball down the field after a great play by Nate. Irish are still heating up. 

10 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Irish win 14 of 16 Games from the Trojans. Good 2nd half, Trojans. 

Onward to St. X. They whipped Elder tonight. 38 Bombers 24 Elder. Lets see how we roll against the GCL. St. X stole one from us last year. We have unfinished business. 

Great win for the Irish! As you put it the "Jock from St. Roch" was 25 of 37 for 360 0 int"s 2 passing TD's and 15 carries for 48 yds. 1 TD. He has to be a front runner for Mr. Football. At one point in the first half the Irish had 318 yds to 18 yds over the Trojan's. Penalties were a big thing the Irish need to clean up. The young defense shows some great times. Fortunatly The Irish Defensive coaches found plenty to improve upon and they will only get better. Even tough it was claimed they hadn't played a tough defense, they now have in those opinions and still racked up almost 500 yds of oeffense. I love that Coach Peebles said they won but didn't play great. shows his staff will work on plenty!

Congrats to the Irish, they were as good as advertised, particularly #16.  Chatard actually did a fairly good (note "fairly good") job of covering up receivers initially and getting some pressure, but McCahill continually eluded the rush and put money balls right on his scrambling receivers. 

Props to Chatard for showing heart and keeping this somewhat a game.  The size, depth, and talent disparity was evident.  Actually surprised this wasn't a 50 point blowout in the first half based on the "eye test" of the players taking the field.  And I'm not suggesting Chatard isn't talented, because they absolutely are.  Cathedral is just on another level this year.  Enjoy this season Irish fans, I think it's going to be a special year for you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I am unable again to find the JV and Freshman scores.  I can't even log in to the Cathedral "notify me" anymore.  Would someone please post those scores?

Do you even exist, PHJ? If someone knew you, we might be able to get you  tickets or scores. Your anonymity precludes you from the spoils. 

J/V Irish 23 Chatard 14

Freshmen Irish 17 Chatard 34. Irish up 10-7 at half. 

9 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Do you even exist, PHJ? If someone knew you, we might be able to get you  tickets or scores. Your anonymity precludes you from the spoils. 

J/V Irish 23 Chatard 14

I can attest to the fact that PHJIrish does, in fact, exist. Met him a couple of years ago when St. Edward came calling on the Irish. He’s Cathedral’s #1 fan! Somebody get this guy some tickets!!!

12 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

J/V Irish 23 Chatard 14

Almost everybody knows me as I've been at Cathedral sporting events since the mid-1950's.  I've had promises of tickets but only have attended one game.  I used to get updates and scores from the staff at Cathedral but I don't anymore.  I guess I am kind of an outcast.😁

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

I can attest to the fact that PHJIrish does, in fact, exist. Met him a couple of years ago when St. Edward came calling on the Irish. He’s Cathedral’s #1 fan! Somebody get this guy some tickets!!!

Thanks Bob! I am real, well sort of anyway!  I hate to whine, but when you've been doing something most of your long life, you really miss it.  Maybe I'll just show up at Arlington and watch through the fence.🙃

• Like 1

It's amazing the correlation that a 6th class has had on Cathedral and a few 6A teams (and possibly New Pal last year) being tremendously better than the top 5A teams were as I remember it in the 1990s and early 2000s. I know WC had some teams which were arguably the best in the Midwest, but it's possible to see multiple Indy teams ranked very high nationally this year and in recent years. Obviously the travel rule is always going to hurt our state in the rankings, but am I the only one who think now there are 3-4 legitimate Top 100 national teams from Indiana now that we are well into the 6A era?

Good luck to the Irish representing Indiana this week.

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

It's amazing the correlation that a 6th class has had on Cathedral and a few 6A teams (and possibly New Pal last year) being tremendously better than the top 5A teams were as I remember it in the 1990s and early 2000s. I know WC had some teams which were arguably the best in the Midwest, but it's possible to see multiple Indy teams ranked very high nationally this year and in recent years. Obviously the travel rule is always going to hurt our state in the rankings, but am I the only one who think now there are 3-4 legitimate Top 100 national teams from Indiana now that we are well into the 6A era?

I think there are two...... CG and Cathedral.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the reason for this correlation. Are you saying that something about the change to six classes caused these teams to somehow get even better?

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the reason for this correlation. Are you saying that something about the change to six classes caused these teams to somehow get even better?

I don't know the causation. It's an observed correlation without data to support it. I'm trying to see if others agree with the correlation, if so why (causation).