Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Bishop Chatard

12 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Cathedral has received 200 tickets and each players family have the opportunity to purchase two tickets.

Hopefully there will be more chance for old time supporters like myself to get tickets for the upcoming home games.  I'm going stir crazy not being able to attend the games.

I hope this one is streamed live somewhere.

10 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I hope this one is streamed live somewhere.

So far, I am not seeing any evidence of this.  It’s not listed as playing on IHSAATV or affiliates.

Chatard did webcast the East Central home game on Facebook a couple of weeks ago but I’ve seen no announcement regarding this as of yet, either.

In theory (note....”theory”), this is a game between No. 3 and No. 5 per Maxpreps/Calpreps and should technically (note....”technically”) constitute the premier game this weekend in Indiana. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lysander said:

So far, I am not seeing any evidence of this.  It’s not listed as playing on IHSAATV or affiliates.

Chatard did webcast the East Central home game on Facebook a couple of weeks ago but I’ve seen no announcement regarding this as of yet, either.

In theory (note....”theory”), this is a game between No. 3 and No. 5 per Maxpreps/Calpreps and should technically (note....”technically”) constitute the premier game this weekend in Indiana. 

I agree with your theory and technical thoughts. I would imagine it will be.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

I would be very surprised if Chatard stays within 3 scores 

This is a rivalry game. These kids know each other extremely well. I would expect a much closer game than the previous 3 weeks. Chatard is also on a 14 game win streak dating back to last season’s loss to the Irish at Arlington. 

i sure would have liked to see a different, larger venue for this game to give our fans a glimpse of this outside of parents. It isn’t like there is a big homefield advantage with extremely limited fans. Most of the Cathedral players grew up playing CYO ball on this field. In fact, I would guess Cathedral players have played more football games on Chatard’s field through jamborees and playoffs than any other field in their careers. I’ve personally coached over 10 CYO games with these Cathedral players at Chatard myself. Would be an interesting survey. 

if the game isn’t televised, you can always hear it broadcast on the local dial at 1260 The Fan or via the same channel through the IHeartRadio app. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

This is a rivalry game. These kids know each other extremely well. I would expect a much closer game than the previous 3 weeks. Chatard is also on a 14 game win streak dating back to last season’s loss to the Irish at Arlington. 

i sure would have liked to see a different, larger venue for this game to give our fans a glimpse of this outside of parents. It isn’t like there is a big homefield advantage with extremely limited fans. Most of the Cathedral players grew up playing CYO ball on this field. In fact, I would guess Cathedral players have played more football games on Chatard’s field through jamborees and playoffs than any other field in their careers. I’ve personally coached over 10 CYO games with these Cathedral players at Chatard myself. Would be an interesting survey. 

if the game isn’t televised, you can always hear it broadcast on the local dial at 1260 The Fan or via the same channel through the IHeartRadio app. 

I have given up any hope of getting tickets for this game, I understood the 350 tickets made available to Cathedral were gone in minutes.  I do know of some Cathedral folks that scalped tickets off Carmel folks a few weeks back, but given the small venue I will be patient as the next three games will be at Arlington against the Big Boys from Ohio.

And totally agree, I wish both schools would have worked something out to have this game at a large venue which both schools (especially Chatard since they are home team) would reap the financial benefits of doing so!

Irish 49

Chatard 17

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave007 said:

And totally agree, I wish both schools would have worked something out to have this game at a large venue which both schools (especially Chatard since they are home team) would reap the financial benefits of doing so!

There are no financial benefits in the year of covid.  Especially in Hogsett's playground. Limiting Lucas Oil to 2,500?  Are you kidding me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Imagine this will be a much better game then people suspect, certainly won’t be a blowout...

Cathedral has definitely shown up in the last 3 weeks and is playing at playoff levels. However, I think this will be the most competitive game they’ve had so far this year. Chatard defense appears to have the ability to slow down a potent cathedral offense and shut down the Big plays that have killed cathedrals opponents so far this year. Chatard offense also showed a viable pass game against Roncalli last week and should be able to pass well against a less talented cathedral defense. Should be a back and forth game and best game of the week for sure. 
Gotta go underdog here....

Chatard 31- Irish 28

58 minutes ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Imagine this will be a much better game then people suspect, certainly won’t be a blowout...

Cathedral has definitely shown up in the last 3 weeks and is playing at playoff levels. However, I think this will be the most competitive game they’ve had so far this year. Chatard defense appears to have the ability to slow down a potent cathedral offense and shut down the Big plays that have killed cathedrals opponents so far this year. Chatard offense also showed a viable pass game against Roncalli last week and should be able to pass well against a less talented cathedral defense. Should be a back and forth game and best game of the week for sure. 

Chatard 31- Irish 28

I too think it’ll be closer than some have indicated but still think the Irish pull away late. Would imagine Chatard needs to put up at least 30 points to have a punchers chance but don’t see it happening. Competitive game at half with Cathedral dominating after the break. I’ll go 41-24 Irish 

4 hours ago, Dave007 said:

I have given up any hope of getting tickets for this game, I understood the 350 tickets made available to Cathedral were gone in minutes.  I do know of some Cathedral folks that scalped tickets off Carmel folks a few weeks back, but given the small venue I will be patient as the next three games will be at Arlington against the Big Boys from Ohio.

Irish 49

Chatard 17

Game live on Chatard’s Facebook page. Marion Co is limited to 1,000fans so moving it to LOS wouldn’t change anything. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I too think it’ll be closer than some have indicated but still think the Irish pull away late. Would imagine Chatard needs to put up at least 30 points to have a punchers chance but don’t see it happening. Competitive game at half with Cathedral dominating after the break. I’ll go 41-24 Irish 

This is spot on.  I'm obviously hoping for the Trojans to pull this one out, but Cathedral has too much speed, size, and depth for Chatard to hang for 4 quarters.  I don't believe in moral victories, but I wouldn't feel terrible if Chatard comes out of this injury free without a running clock at any point in the game.  Good news is this is why they play the game on the field Friday night.  Wouldn't be the craziest thing 2020 has shown thus far...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Chatard 31- Irish 28

Did you really just say that Cathedral's defense is "less talented"?  I would love to know who you are comparing them to, certainty not the south side dumpster fire on Prague?  Even better how they start six juniors, which only two of them had any significant playing time last year and every other player that rotates in is either a junior or sophomore. The five seniors that start are it on the defense side of the ball.  This defense is very talented and will only get better as the season progresses.

Oh, this will be a close one. Chatard is littered with seniors. And their defense has some of CYO’s finest from that senior class (Kinnett, Calvert, Haslett) to name a few, even if they are St. Pius lads. 

The real problem for the Trojans is how much these guys play both ways. I don’t think there is enough depth to platoon. If any of the above defenders go both ways, they are in trouble. Hopefully the Irish blast the run game to start this one. Our OLine is emerging and we can run down these very talented Trojan backers. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy

4 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Did you really just say that Cathedral's defense is "less talented"?  I would love to know who you are comparing them to, certainty not the south side dumpster fire on Prague?  Even better how they start six juniors, which only two of them had any significant playing time last year and every other player that rotates in is either a junior or sophomore. The five seniors that start are it on the defense side of the ball.  This defense is very talented and will only get better as the season progresses.

Not necessarily comparing them to another team, maybe compared to Last years cathedral defense...

Shiloh was definitely a big loss for the secondary and the d-line doesn’t look as strong this year, definitely still a talented group but a lot of young guys that I would assume chatard will attempt to target throughout the game passing  wise...

I expect the best matchup of the night to be cathedral offense against chatard defense. Will be interesting to see McCahil, Jordan, Perry, Langdon, Wooten, Tibbs/Page pair up with Calvert, Kinnett, Bolen, Coons, Haslett, Fillenwarth, Babcock... should be very exciting to watch and will really be where the game is decided in my opinion...

9 hours ago, Hoosier1102 said:

Not necessarily comparing them to another team, maybe compared to Last years cathedral defense...

Shiloh was definitely a big loss for the secondary and the d-line doesn’t look as strong this year, definitely still a talented group but a lot of young guys that I would assume chatard will attempt to target throughout the game passing  wise...

I expect the best matchup of the night to be cathedral offense against chatard defense. Will be interesting to see McCahil, Jordan, Perry, Langdon, Wooten, Tibbs/Page pair up with Calvert, Kinnett, Bolen, Coons, Haslett, Fillenwarth, Babcock... should be very exciting to watch and will really be where the game is decided in my opinion...

Interesting statement

BCHS VS CHS live streamed in the Northside Events and Social Club (K of C) Ballroom!!

Due to Marion County COVID restrictions, seating is limited. For safety of all, masks are required when you are away from your table. If you would like to reserve a table please call 317.253.3471 

Food and Drinks will be available for purchase in the lounge throughout the game!

On 9/9/2020 at 2:27 PM, Hoosier1102 said:

Chatard 31- Irish 28

ill just take this as a joke and keep reading. idiot.