Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Week 5

54 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Turftoe has volunteered to take on the role of the Heel in order to stir the pot and create some exchange, it is either that or he is just a big tool. (I'm going with the former and not the latter.)\

Lol, this forum has been quite boring the past two seasons. 

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Chuck Freeby has compared this Elkhart team to some of the former Blazer teams under Tom Kurth

Time will tell

I would love to see Elkhart and Penn to push each other to be better programs.  Hope this is the push Penn needs to get back to their roots.  I want NP, St. Joe, and Marian to thrive to knock them off.  I want Bremen, Jimtown, and Glenn to knock the crap out of each other and push each program along.  I would love the South Bend programs to build on their foundations and awake the sleeping Giants they could become.  Northern Indiana (Michiana) football is not what it was 15-20 years ago.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I would love to see Elkhart and Penn to push each other to be better programs.  Hope this is the push Penn needs to get back to their roots.  I want NP, St. Joe, and Marian to thrive to knock them off.  I want Bremen, Jimtown, and Glenn to knock the crap out of each other and push each program along.  I would love the South Bend programs to build on their foundations and awake the sleeping Giants they could become.  Northern Indiana (Michiana) football is not what it was 15-20 years ago.  

It seems like some programs go through phases where they are not as powerful as they were perceived.  In addition it takes the right coach and personality to deal with kids today.  Elkhart seems to have hit it in the current one.  If he can continue to get he kids to buy in and work hard a traditional power.  No ICCL football this year could hurt both Marian and SJ.  But how many schools do not have a freshman team this year?  South Bend needs to combine/close a high school or 2 like Hammond has done.  It is hard to be successful when a team like Clay has 19 kids on varsity.  Until they make the tough decisions nothing is going to change inSB

14 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Heard he was reinstated after being ejected for the lack of class penalty. And Indian grades supposedly keeping out 1/2 the team is what’s floating around. 

He was disqualified, but the disqualification was rescinded by the IHSAA.

The year...The South Bend Schools added that athletes grades will me monitored weekly.  Ultimately, it is up to their teachers to record their grades in a timely manner.  So some of those ineligible player could be eligible today...if the teacher puts the grades in Power School.

To become ineligible...a player must have 2 F's on their progress reports.

50 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

The year...The South Bend Schools added that athletes grades will me monitored weekly.  Ultimately, it is up to their teachers to record their grades in a timely manner.  So some of those ineligible player could be eligible today...if the teacher puts the grades in Power School.

To become ineligible...a player must have 2 F's on their progress reports.

is that the same scale they had before or is it new?

On 9/15/2020 at 9:37 AM, TurfToe said:

Oooo woke up a Penn fan this week. But dont get all Charmin on my prediction. Penn is a high 4A low 5A school now. East Noble with no athletes put up 24? Elkhart’s DBs won’t get burnt on a cheap slant. The Valpo score would of been 14-21 points the other way if they didn’t have starters out due to covid. Elkhart takes this one from Granger 38-10. 

So East Noble with no athletes puts up more points than Elkhart. Very close game just like I knew it would be . Turf Toe, Is Penn better than high 4A-low 5A or Is Elkhart way over ranked in 6A ? Waiting for your response. 

18 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Sounds like good games. Jimtown wore down the Lions upfront and won the turnover battle. Hopefully Bremen can regroup and beat Glenn and force a 3 way situation.

I would agree Jimtown took it to them on their long drive to take the lead, but Bremen drove it right back down the field by running it right at Jimtown to score with a minute and a half left.  If you are going for the win at that point, then do what is your strength.  As a matter of a fact, do it all night.

With three two way starters not playing depth was going to be an issue.  The Lions need to grind it out, keep the clock moving and shorten the game.  They have enough talent upfront to play smash-mouth.  Mix in some short passing game and stop with the 50-50 balls deep.

18 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

So East Noble with no athletes puts up more points than Elkhart. Very close game just like I knew it would be . Turf Toe, Is Penn better than high 4A-low 5A or Is Elkhart way over ranked in 6A ? Waiting for your response. 

East Noble got blanked by a 4A LEO 24-0 and Yes, I still think Penn is a high 4A low 5A. Elkhart is just learning how to click together...Do I think they are over ranked in 6A? We will see in sectionals.