Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC Week 7

1 hour ago, Reb08 said:

Should be noted, that this was not the decision of MVHS.  They only followed what was mandated by county health officials.  Contact tracing is ridiculous.  Now makes Boonville, Mount Vernon, and Tecumseh that are shut down for football.  Any others??

That. Sucks. 

We are completely at the whims of health departments right now. We’re still better off than our friends in Illinois but things are getting crazy in SW Indiana. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Here are the facts: 

MVHS was contacted by Boonville HS a little after 2 PM today.  A Boonville player tested positive for Covid that was a two-way starter.  This player had symptoms on Saturday, therefore you have to go back 48 hours for contact tracing, which puts the game on Friday night into question.  Per Posey County Health Officials, any MV player that touched the positive Boonville player during the game (tackle, blocked, ran into, etc.) would be quarantined for 14 days.  MV lost 16 varsity players.  I did not impact the MV JV squad, because most of those kids did not play on Friday night.  

As a result, MV will not be able to play the next two weeks.  

Anyone that touched him?  Seriously, the Posey County health department needs their heads examined.  What’s the over under on how many of those 16 become positive with COVID...I’ll take the under.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Can anyone verify the time for the Princeton at Tell City game?  I had a family member tell me 12:30 pm Friday.   I said surely not.        

Princeton's facebook page says the game is at 7pm Friday.

9 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Can anyone verify the time for the Princeton at Tell City game?  I had a family member tell me 12:30 pm Friday.   I said surely not.        

Indeed....can't be.  That was to be their homecoming and senior night.  It will have to be normal time.

33 minutes ago, sr1 said:

North Posey cancelled their game with Forest Park so Forest Park is open.

Well maybe we can get with them.  Forest park is much improved and I believe it would be a much more competitive game than what its been in the past.  

Edited by GS Titan 78

2 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Eastside is now open this Friday.  We could possibly meet in the middle and play at Brownsburg High on Saturday.  It would be a 2-1/2 hour drive for both teams.  Just a thought!

Eastside picked up a contest with Concord 

29 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Forest Park is going to play Springs Valley....so much for conference brotherhood and all that jazz.

I think they made the right decision.  For a program who needs excitement, a win will go further in keeping kids interested than a possible let down game and getting waxed by GS.  I'm not saying that would happen, but its a possibility.  Its homecoming, the fans want a win!

1 minute ago, 2017statechamps said:

I think they made the right decision.  For a program who needs excitement, a win will go further in keeping kids interested than a possible let down game and getting waxed by GS.  I'm not saying that would happen, but its a possibility.  Its homecoming, the fans want a win!

Perhaps...or perhaps a day when conference bonds meant something was a better time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Henderson County is now open. Maybe we can get a waiver from the state of Kentucky. If they allow Mount Vernon can play Owensboro Catholic,  Then GS should be allowed to play HC.

I think Kentucky's rule is that you can play an out of state team if that team s from a county that borders Kentucky. Which I guess is why you put the statement about the waiver.

Lots of PAC teams inactive Friday night.  I'm a little disappointed Forest Park and GS didn't come together for whatever reason.  It seemed like a perfect fit.   In my humble opinion we have one of the best AD's in tri state if not the state that may make something happen yet.  He's done it before and If not, we will move on to the Princeton Tigers next week.           

53 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Apollo is also open....but again....we aren't a border county and KY will NOT budge.

See, I told you years ago South Gibson was becoming Northern Vanderburgh HS... 

Rules like this, and the Indiana travel rule for HS sports, just confuse me.

GS, which plays few players two-ways, could go for a Burgeondy (or whatever the color is actually called) vs. White Scrimmage (obviously put the QB in a green jersey). When will the Titans break out some gold unis? Picturing some pretty interesting combos like the Bucs...

24 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

See, I told you years ago South Gibson was becoming Northern Vanderburgh HS... 

Rules like this, and the Indiana travel rule for HS sports, just confuse me.

GS, which plays few players two-ways, could go for a Burgeondy (or whatever the color is actually called) vs. White Scrimmage (obviously put the QB in a green jersey). When will the Titans break out some gold unis? Picturing some pretty interesting combos like the Bucs...

It's call Maroon (haven't had the gold pants or jerseys in many many years).  If we were Evansville North we could play Apollo....KY's Covid rules state they can only play teams from border counties, so Mt. Vernon could play Apollo but we can't. 

• Like 1