Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Center Grove

3 minutes ago, Jon said:

I don't think a fan should complain about opponent facilities when they don't even have on. Personally I like to see cg play somebody else next year. Going to Arlington and playing on grass field right before sectional does nothing for them but increase chance of injuries

Center Grove has phenomenal facilities and is always accommodating and I always enjoy visiting. The game day atmosphere is even better. Now....if it just wasn’t so far away there wouldn’t be anything to complain about 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

I don't think a fan should complain about opponent facilities when they don't even have on. Personally I like to see cg play somebody else next year. Going to Arlington and playing on grass field right before sectional does nothing for them but increase chance of injuries

Don’t mind him, PHJ has to find 1 thing to complain about after a loss. It was the legibility of the scoreboard this time. 😂

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Center Grove has phenomenal facilities and is always accommodating and I always enjoy visiting. The game day atmosphere is even better. Now....if it just wasn’t so far away there wouldn’t be anything to complain about 🙂 

You, I agree with. 

Center Grove's facilities - especially Football - are best in Indiana hands-down.  I could not imagine what the game atmosphere would have have been like last night if Covid never existed, but for sure it would have been 8,000+ strong and college-like feel.

48 minutes ago, Jon said:

What proof do you have that grass field creates more injuries? Actually there is more data that turf fields lead to more knee (ACL MCL) injuries. Nothing wrong with grass field> Turf dogs has done a great job maintaining Arlington's field after doing a lot of work to it.

9 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

What proof do you have that grass field creates more injuries? Actually there is more data that turf fields lead to more knee (ACL MCL) injuries. Nothing wrong with grass field> Turf dogs has done a great job maintaining Arlington's field after doing a lot of work to it.

There’s nothing wrong with Cathedral’s (Arlington) playing surface, you have that right. That being said, the rest of Arlington’s facilities leave a lot to be desired. Center Grove, once again, hosted a fantastic football game that all Irish fans should be thankful.

Another aspect I want to commend last night was the officiating. Thought it was top notch. Clean game where the crew let the players decide the outcome on the field. It was decidedly better than last years game which was a flag fest. Only questionable call in my opinion was the no call on the intentional grounding at the end of the first half, but other than that, great work all around.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

No one was complaining about the CG facility.  If you read my entire post you would see that I made sure I stated it was an outstanding facility.  The down and yardage graphics was all that I criticized.  You need to read the entire post.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Another aspect I want to commend last night was the officiating. Thought it was top notch. Clean game where the crew let the players decide the outcome on the field. It was decidedly better than last years game which was a flag fest. Only questionable call in my opinion was the no call on the intentional grounding at the end of the first half, but other than that, great work all around.

The officiating was more than acceptable!

17 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I also thought it was a great officiated game.. I only saw possibly two missed calls/spots. 1 on the above play you mentioned, 2. On a spot that gave Cathedral a 1st down. On replay it showed the Cathedral runner about a half yard short of the first down. One official had the ball down a half yard short, then the other officka came running in 20 seconds later and moved it forward for the 1st down. Outside of those (which are sometimes tough to call, I thought the officiating crew was top notch) 

5 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I also thought it was a great officiated game.. I only saw possibly two missed calls/spots. 1 on the above play you mentioned, 2. On a spot that gave Cathedral a 1st down. On replay it showed the Cathedral runner about a half yard short of the first down. One official had the ball down a half yard short, then the other officka came running in 20 seconds later and moved it forward for the 1st down. Outside of those (which are sometimes tough to call, I thought the officiating crew was top notch) 

Have not seen any replays but on the ensuing drive after Cathedral took the lead, it appeared Steele fumbled with a clear recovery for Cathedral that was ruled down by contact. It looked bang-bang to me but other fans around (with a better view) were adamant it was out. Any inclination to that from watching it on TV?

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Have not seen any replays but on the ensuing drive after Cathedral took the lead, it appeared Steele fumbled with a clear recovery for Cathedral that was ruled down by contact. It looked bang-bang to me but other fans around (with a better view) were adamant it was out. Any inclination to that from watching it on TV?

I couldn't tell but there were multiple refs who all immediately said he was down.  No hesitance and no disagreement.  Take that for what it's worth.

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Let me go back and look at the play. 

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

It was really hard to tell after watching the replay. 

27 minutes ago, RLS1 said:

Looking forward to Center Grove and Columbus East in the sectional.

Don’t take it personal, PHJ and I have had these little jabs for years. It’s just my smart@ss mouth giving PHJ (an extremley loyal alum and fan) a hard time. Columbus East and Cathedral are the only 2 programs in the state that have bumped up 2 classes due to the success factor and both have won state titles in 2 classes. Anytime a program is mentioned with Cathedral it’s a good sign you are doing something right. 

• Like 1