Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Center Grove

6 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I heard CG has some players out due to contact tracing. I know their kicker for 1. Any word on this? Hopefully they are all playing Friday

Kicker was out for the Pike and LN games because of contact tracing. Should be back for Cathedral. I’m not aware of anyone else at this time. CG is on fall break this week, so that’s a plus

On 10/10/2020 at 7:39 PM, Staxawax said:

Sagarin does indeed have Cathedral’s schedule ranked as the number one toughest in the state. CG’s is 6th.

Massey which I believe to be the best, if you want to factor in out-of-state competition, has Center Grove as a HUGE favorite, a 72-percent win rate and 33-21 score prediction.

I'm on the record as favoring Cathedral. And this is why we settle it on the field.

• Thanks 1

I think it's safe to say:  this game will eventually take on a life of it's own.  A game like this only comes along about once a generation.   2 powerhouses going at it.   The best in 6A against the best in 5A.   Both nationally ranked and both undefeated.   Throw out the classes, throw out the records.  I am one fan who is glad they get to settle the bragging rights on the last week of the season.   Anything earlier in the year, and I believe it could have been a distraction for one or maybe both teams.   I am not going to pick a winner in this one!  I think they are that close to each other.   I don't think Hollywood could have scripted this one any better.   My congrats to both teams for their outstanding seasons.  Now go represent and stay healthy!  And remember:  you still have the tournament to finish.

3 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I think it's safe to say:  this game will eventually take on a life of it's own.  A game like this only comes along about once a generation.   2 powerhouses going at it.   The best in 6A against the best in 5A.   Both nationally ranked and both undefeated.   Throw out the classes, throw out the records.  I am one fan who is glad they get to settle the bragging rights on the last week of the season.   Anything earlier in the year, and I believe it could have been a distraction for one or maybe both teams.   I am not going to pick a winner in this one!  I think they are that close to each other.   I don't think Hollywood could have scripted this one any better.   My congrats to both teams for their outstanding seasons.  Now go represent and stay healthy!  And remember:  you still have the tournament to finish.

And we have a new leader in the clubhouse for “Most cliches in a single post.” 😄😅

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Or you could say "the best in 6A and the best in the GCL south". 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

I heard from inside sources that ESPN wanted this game to be played on Saturday evening. Both teams could not agree on moving it to Saturday. What a shame.

If that’s true, it’s puzzling, since they both have byes next week.

16 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I heard from inside sources that ESPN wanted this game to be played on Saturday evening. Both teams could not agree on moving it to Saturday. What a shame.

Not sure I'm buying that. With college football in full swing, doubt this was getting a prime time slot. Possibly ESPNU, but definitely not being aired on ESPN or ESPN2.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not sure I'm buying that. With college football in full swing, doubt this was getting a prime time slot. Possibly ESPNU, but definitely not being aired on ESPN or ESPN2.

Does Indian HS Association still have the 300 mile rule for travel (all sports), if so...why???

Couple early keys for both teams.

Cathedral

-attack CG's secondary up the seams. Lawrence North exposed CG's secondary in the first half of their game last Friday. Cathedral's wideouts aren't as explosive as Cooper from LN but athletic enough and should be able to have a big night if McCahill is given protection. 

-force CG into obvious passing downs. Don't think it's any secret CG will want to keep the ball on the ground and keep Cathedral's O off the field. Jackson is a great QB but it's pretty clear CG prefers the ball to be in Steele's hands

Center Grove

-make Cathedral one dimensional on offense. Cathedral has a very balanced offensive attack and can beat you on the ground and through the air.

-Win the LOS. Cathedral has dominated it's opponents on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage. Center Grove, especially their DL, will be the toughest unit Cathedral has seen to date and will see all year.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Agreed. Not happening. ESPN is booked on Saturday nights for contracted Conference games to be aired. The U is even taken with FIU vs. Charlotte. 

44 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They do.

And great question, single dumbest rule the IHSAA implements.

Agreed...I think this is what clouds the thought process with football fans, and thinking when comparing athletics' in the state of Indiana...Yes, the State Championship in all sports is the team recognized goal throughout the state, but National Recognition is the ultimate goal...Center Grove, Cathedral, and other great programs should have the opportunity to play other schools, from other states, regardless of distance (if the particulars can be worked out) in order to boost our great state athletic programs...When I think of all the great INDIANA Football, Baseball, Basketball, (any other sports) programs that have come-n-gone, I wish they could see where they stack up and play the best there is out there...The Herbstreit Classic was great for Cathedral, not belonging to a conference, and being locked into games has helped, and the mindset of National recognition has helped.  If Indian sports wishes to keep up with AAU/Club Sports programs, they better figure out how to figure it out, and help support schools who cant $fund$ it...MyHumbleOpinion

1 hour ago, IrishFan1997 said:

Agreed...I think this is what clouds the thought process with football fans, and thinking when comparing athletics' in the state of Indiana...Yes, the State Championship in all sports is the team recognized goal throughout the state, but National Recognition is the ultimate goal...Center Grove, Cathedral, and other great programs should have the opportunity to play other schools, from other states, regardless of distance (if the particulars can be worked out) in order to boost our great state athletic programs...When I think of all the great INDIANA Football, Baseball, Basketball, (any other sports) programs that have come-n-gone, I wish they could see where they stack up and play the best there is out there...The Herbstreit Classic was great for Cathedral, not belonging to a conference, and being locked into games has helped, and the mindset of National recognition has helped.  If Indian sports wishes to keep up with AAU/Club Sports programs, they better figure out how to figure it out, and help support schools who cant $fund$ it...MyHumbleOpinion

The decision whether to devote resources to provide those sorts of experiences for student athletes should be made at the local level, not in Indianapolis.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

When was the last time two nationally ranked teams from Indiana both played each other in the regular-season? I'm hard-pressed to think of a match-up that even closely resembles this one. 

Pretty sure Brownsburg-Avon played each other a few years back when Brandon Peters and Hunter Johnson were still around on ESPN. Not sure if either was nationally ranked but it was definitely profiling two high end recruits. 

22 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Pretty sure Brownsburg-Avon played each other a few years back when Brandon Peters and Hunter Johnson were still around on ESPN. Not sure if either was nationally ranked but it was definitely profiling two high end recruits. 

Columbus East and Columbus North played on ESPN as well. It was showcasing Gunner Kiel (we know how that turned out against Cathedral that year 😂😂