Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Semi State - Danville @ Southridge

5 hours ago, PhilLee said:

They beat the hell out of teams in the state championship game.  And play as hard as any team does in the state.  Ask Roncalli (who just embarrassed 2 top 5 4A teams the past 2 weeks) what a motivated Chatard team is like to play against.  I'm not saying that Chatard wins or loses this game.  But we have decades of proof to go on, with numerous other opponents who some thought were all set to "get after" Chatard with a state championship on the line.   

Here are the last 10 state championship games BC has played in:

2019- Win over Heritage Hills 34-3

2015- Win over West Lafayette 31-7

2012- Win over Hamilton Heights 30-13

2011- Win over SB St Joe 21-7

2010- Win over SB St Joe 28-14

2007- Win over SB St Joe 31-7

2006- Win over Norwell 7-0

2005- Loss to Northwood 7-0

2003- Win over Northwood 49-0

2002- Win over Andrean 31-12

I'd say 9-1, while allowing an average of under 10 points a game is pretty stout.  That's the history of this program in this game. Doesn't mean 2020 plays out the same way but there's a long track record that says it may. 

As if sectionals, regionals, and semi state trophies don’t “motivate” players?

Once again, ridiculous analysis that is meaningless.  You should have stopped your last sentence at the word “way” while you were ahead.

Your analysis begins when many current Chatard players were in diapers...or the womb.

7 hours ago, jets said:

Sorry for that performance- but Danville is dang good. Congrats to them and good luck next week. 

Am I allowed to lets not forget that was a 2A school playing in the 3A Semi-State?? I feel like I’ll get burned at the cross so maybe I should retract it.............na 

Proud of our guys for stepping up and answering the Bell. Just ran into a damn good team 

Now it makes sense to bring that up 🙂  Danville looked so much bigger.  Dutra is an absolute beast.  I'm pretty sure I seen him take one of the Southridge cheerleaders for a ride on his Harley after the game.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

Now it makes sense to bring that up 🙂  Danville looked so much bigger.  Dutra is an absolute beast.  I'm pretty sure I seen him take one of the Southridge cheerleaders for a ride on his Harley after the game.  

Danville is bigger

Has been bigger than every team they've played and will be bigger than Chatard too.  I watched Chatard highlights - a bunch of 170 lb kids are going to get manhandled.  

This is a unique HS football team - size and speed.  How many teams have a 6'3 wideout but on both sides of the ball and a fast slot kid.  Danville has owned Chatard lately and while I'm sure this is the best Chatard team in the last several years, this might be the best Danville team ever.  They're certainly deeper.  

Would never poke the bear that is Chatard but maybe it's time the Warriors finally got it done.  They've been good for a long time.  

5 hours ago, temptation said:

As if sectionals, regionals, and semi state trophies don’t “motivate” players?

Once again, ridiculous analysis that is meaningless.  You should have stopped your last sentence at the word “way” while you were ahead.

Your analysis begins when many current Chatard players were in diapers...or the womb.

So tradition, culture and history are meaningless? Got it. 14 rings say otherwise. 

7 hours ago, temptation said:

This kind of analysis always makes me chuckle.  The current Chatard seniors were in 8th grade/freshmen the last two times they were knocked out by Danville, basically meaning not one player from either team played a meaningful snap the last two times they were on opposing sidelines.

Makes for a cool storyline building up to the game for folks to talk about but means nothing of substance when predicting how the game is going to actually play out.

The coaching staff can circle whatever they want, but they aren’t suiting up.

Maybe things at Danville and elsewhere are different, but I'm sure the current Chatard seniors remember well what happened in 8th grade and freshmen year.  They were probably all at those games.

My senior year we beat HH in semi-state, and we absolutely remembered our freshmen year losing to them.  It was brought up often.  Hell, there were even seniors who's brothers had had their hs football career ended by HH that they remembered.  Same thing my junior year when we beat Cincy Elder.  They were the only loss my 8th grade year for Chatard.  History matters and even if these kids were young, they understand that they are part of something bigger than themselves.

Can't wait to see redemption.  

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Maybe things at Danville and elsewhere are different, but I'm sure the current Chatard seniors remember well what happened in 8th grade and freshmen year.  They were probably all at those games.

My senior year we beat HH in semi-state, and we absolutely remembered our freshmen year losing to them.  It was brought up often.  Hell, there were even seniors who's brothers had had their hs football career ended by HH that they remembered.  Same thing my junior year when we beat Cincy Elder.  They were the only loss my 8th grade year for Chatard.  History matters and even if these kids were young, they understand that they are part of something bigger than themselves.

Can't wait to see redemption.  

So based on your experience are you going to “play harder?”  It’s the state championship for goodness sake.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

So based on your experience are you going to “play harder?”  It’s the state championship for goodness sake.

Yeah I'm in agreement with you.  It's the state championship game.  If any additional motivation is required, then there's something wrong.  I don't think what happened between Chatard and Danville in the last 20 years has any impact on this game.  Two great teams competing for a state championship, and it should be a great game to watch.

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

In my experience, the added history can be a motivation to prepare harder.  In the next week, that can factor in to whether or not a high school kid goes to a bonfire or spends an extra hour breaking down film.  Anyone who has been involved with a football team knows that the practices and preperation during the week is not always the same.  The history can add to focus.  

8 hours ago, superjay said:

Danville doesn’t care about your tradition, history, and culture.  Everyone should probably just bow down to Luers, Chatard, Roncalli, and Cathedral because of tradition, history, and culture.  

Chatard will be 4A next year with the SF. I see Danville was one of the largest 3A schools this last time around. 
What are the chances they move up to 4A by enrollment?

On 11/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, WarriorFan123 said:

I'm sure this is the best Chatard team in the last several years, this might be the best Danville team ever.

Agree with you on everything else, Danville has size and speed.  But I've been hearing, mostly on Gridiron Digest that Chatard is down compared to last year...  I'm sure I'm a bit biased but I don' t see how they could improve much on the team they had last year.  They had some KILLERS on that team!

Edited by TommyTwoTimes

1 hour ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

Agree with you on everything else, Danville has size and speed.  But I've been hearing, mostly on Gridiron Digest that Chatard is down compared to last year...  I'm sure I'm a bit biased but I don' t see how they could improve much on the team they had last year.  They had some KILLERS on that team!

This year's Chatard team is definitely good, which I think is backed up by the results of their schedule.  We'll find out how good this Saturday when they face their toughest challenge yet (in 3A).

Having watched almost every game in 2019 and 2020 (albeit several on web broadcasts this year), I would say this year's team isn't even in the same ballpark as the 2019 team, especially offensively.  Depth has also been an issue this year. Our injuries right now hurt (no pun intended) a lot more than they did last year, which will be on full display next year when these senior graduate.  Next year will be about as down as Chatard has been in recent memory, unless some of these underclassmen really step up in the off season.

How is the future at Heritage Hills looking?  I figured this year might be a rebuilding year after you graduated that awesome senior class last year.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, WarriorFan123 said:

Danville is bigger

Has been bigger than every team they've played and will be bigger than Chatard too.  I watched Chatard highlights - a bunch of 170 lb kids are going to get manhandled.  

You mean in the same way Merrillville and Roncalli manhandled Chatard, because I'd be up for that!  Pretty sure both are bigger than Danville. 

Two certainties with Saturday's game...it'll be a very competitive game, and neither team is manhandling the other