Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

Some Takeaways: 

-Memorial didn’t have any problems handling Bosse tonight, I believe Bosse did held  Brodie to only 40 yards in rushing tonight, but still ended for 4 total TDs. 

-Castle appeared to struggle with Reitz in the 1Q, but open up the floodgates after HT. Don’t know if Reitz collapsed or not

-Great win by Harrison, as I did not think the score would be that large. I wouldn’t be happy right now if I was VL fan, hope Seal brings some insight. Since I thought that game would go down to the wire 

-Jasper handled Central pretty well, seemed like the pumped off the gas 2H 

-Mater Dei and North, great game by both teams, however, Mater Dei takes a really close victory by 7. Though one of their TDs looked to be controversial 

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Some Takeaways: 

-Memorial didn’t have any problems handling Bosse tonight, I believe Bosse did held  Brodie to only 40 yards in rushing tonight, but still ended for 4 total TDs. 

-Castle appeared to struggle with Reitz in the 1Q, but open up the floodgates after HT. Don’t know if Reitz collapsed or not

-Great win by Harrison, as I did not think the score would be that large. I wouldn’t be happy right now if I was VL fan, hope Seal brings some insight. Since I thought that game would go down to the wire 

-Jasper handled Central pretty well, seemed like the pumped off the gas 2H 

-Mater Dei and North, great game by both teams, however, Mater Dei takes a really close victory by 7. Though one of their TDs looked to be controversial 

Was not in attendance for this one but did catch the radio broadcast...it really just followed the script of the previous 3 games. Lincoln battled defensively to keep it tight, trailing 12-7 at the half. But that can only be sustained for so long when you can't flip the field on offense at the very least. Plus 4 turnovers never helps, and Harrison benefited from those in a major way with some coming deep in VL territory. Just a really frustrating night, as I'm sure Lincoln felt they could get some offensive momentum going. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

Week 6 Positive/Negatives 

Positives 

-Castle dropping 53 points is always nice to see with 50 burgers. Even though Pritchard is out for the season, Castle took care of business all game, with a strong effort in Tilly’s passing abilities and a nice rushing attack by Guerzini. All eyes on Jasper in Week 7

-Jasper dropped 35 points against Central in first half. Jasper is just solid all around, as now they prepare their final threat in the Regular season with Castle hoping to upset the Cats

-Memorial’s Special Teams is highly underrated, with 5 total punt returns for a TD behind Brodie and Agler. Tigers looked very well yesterday on all fronts. And nice game for Ellspermann going 10-10 ~100 2TD/0 in the first half. Trap game against Reitz coming up

-Harrison, Harrison, as it is a party in the Warrior’s land with an impressive and dominant win over VL. #81’s catch on Harrison is the highlight of the game and it Harrison looked really well and comfortable. Central coming up

-Mater Dei finally snaps their 2 game losing streak and holds off an hard fought win against North. McDurmon proved himself as an reliable playmaker for the rest of the season 

Negatives 

-Reitz, it still seems Reitz is still struggling with turnovers even after putting up over 400 yards against a really good Castle Defense. Although Smith put up some really nice numbers. Big game at the Bowl next Friday. Can the Panthers spoil the Tigers? 

-After taking an 3OT win over Reitz and building some confidence, but losing to Jasper isn’t the worst thing ever. But throwing 2 pick 6s in the game does 

-Not the way Bosse wanted to be at after starting 2-0, but unfortunately, still is struggling in their losing streak. Had some nice plays towards the end of the game game. However, it’s way to early for the Mullen to be judge on. 

-If I was an VL fan, I would start to worry a bit about what happened last night. Tough loss for the Alices

-North had plenty of chances throughout the game last night, but fell empty. 2 major interceptions near the end zone really hurt the chances for the Huskies to take the lead later in the game. 

Also, Memorial has clinched a share of the City Title and can win it outright Friday 

As for Jasper, A win against Castle + an upset win of Reitz over Memorial, Jasper will clinch at least a share of the title. A loss for Jasper means SIAC could be potentially shared with either Memorial or Castle (Week 9 game will be a deciding factor in this scenario). 

To continue my string of posts: 

Masseyratings predictions

Castle at Jasper (-4), 57% chance of victory for the Cats

Harrison at Central (-20), 84% chance of victory for the Bears 

Mater Dei (-27) at Bosse, 92% chance of victory for the Cats 

Memorial(-16) at Reitz, 76% chance of victory for the Tigers 

VL at North (-25), 95% chance of victory for the Huskies

I'll take...

Harrison over Central 27-23 (second-best game of the week)

Memorial over Reitz 47-7 (Tigers continue rolling through the soft part of their schedule)

Mater Dei over Bosse 28-18 (Bulldogs have a couple dawgs that could give Wildcats some trouble)

North over Lincoln 31-10 (Huskies should have no problem)

Castle over Jasper 24-23... Although it will make me throw up in my mouth, I'll go ahead and say it.... GO CASTLE!!

My short summary picks: 

Central over Harrison by 9, Harrison gives Central a nice big old scare 

Memorial over Reitz by 17, It’s apparently Homecoming Week for Reitz, so I’m expecting a good environment 

Mater Dei over Bosse by 14, I think Bosse can keep it close for a bit with MD. Oh, and Bosse has some dudes 

North over VL by 25, North should take care of business at Home. Hankins will have a big night 

game of the week: 

Castle at Jasper

I saw that Jasper’s QB Weinzapfel appears to be out until the playoffs start and Grant Young is starting now. However, Jasper got dudes. Castle has dudes. Score pick? Nah, O/U 54, give me the under 

17 minutes ago, tango said:

So you will take Reitz +17.5?

Nah, I think Memorial will pull out in the 2H. Personally, I just feel like 1H will be close, since I just have an hutch. Also, Reitz does have a nice offense to put up points on the board, since they have a good RB and stud like Waynard 

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Haha 1

Sad SIAC news…

Evansville football legend Bill Krietemeyer passed away last week at age 87.

After starring at Central, Bill went on to become an All-American at Vanderbilt and was drafted by the Bears before seeing his career cut short by injuries.

RIP

Edited by MHSTigerFan

Castle at Jasper - Should be a close one all the way through. The Knights are clicking on all cylinders, especially with their RB Guerzini back. But I think they will have trouble stopping the Jasper ground attack. Jasper wins by 1-2 scores as long as they don't turn the ball over much.

Harrison at Central - This should also be a close one but I think the Bears come out on top and add another to their win column.

Mater Dei at Bosse - This one could definitely be close into the 2nd half as Bosse has the speed and athleticism to cause some problems, but MD pulls away in the 4th.

Memorial at Reitz - In all of the Panthers' losses they have been very much in the game at least 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through. Can they finally put together 4 quarters and get an upset? Between the turnovers and struggles to stop the run, probably not. Tigers win by at least a couple scores.

VL at North - I think the Alices can put up a fight for a quarter or two, but not much past that. Huskies run away with this one.

To take it a step further, I don’t think it will hurt the wildcats to lose. Jasper is in uncharted territory with this group of athletes, I don’t think they really know how good they are. Honestly I’m not sure either, with them playing in a little pocket in the state.  But extra motivation ,if they lose ,before the real season starts could keep them hungry. Just a thought. Then again a win is good too.

23 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Day for Jasper did not play last week vs Central.  According to the broadcast guys, he was on the sideline in crutches.  That could make a difference against Castle if he is not back.  

The starting QB is also out still?  He missed the last two games?

5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Day for Jasper did not play last week vs Central.  According to the broadcast guys, he was on the sideline in crutches.  That could make a difference against Castle if he is not back.  

SSShh

5 hours ago, fenderbender said:

The starting QB is also out still?  He missed the last two games?

Sssh

On 9/29/2021 at 7:02 AM, MHSTigerFan said:

Sad SIAC news…

Evansville football legend Bill Krietemeyer passed away last week at age 87.

After starring at Central, Bill went on to become an All-American at Vanderbilt and was drafted by the Bears before seeing his career cut short by injuries.

RIP

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate reading this post!  I am doing what I do BOTH in the classroom and on the football field because of him. 

He was my Papaw! 

He was a larger than life character who was also an All-American high school player at Central and was then named the 1952 NCAA Freshman of the year as the QB at Vanderbilt.  He became a lifelong Bears fan because of their willingness to take a chance on him in the draft, and his injuries were actually sustained while a member of the Toronto Argonauts.  He was never able to play a professional game, but if you talk to any of the few that are left, who were able to see him play, they will tell you that he is in the conversation of the GREATEST players to ever come out of Evansville.

Below is a single play from his freshman season, but we are lucky enough to actually have this Vandy v. Florida game in its entirety in our possession!

Thank you SO much for this post!

• Like 7