Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Enrollment figures

Here's what I was able to pull. Note: These are unofficial and reflect 4-grade enrollment. With regards to Hammond, I merged Clark & Hammond's enrollments, as well as Gavit & Morton's, as is the consolidation plan. The Evansville schools, for example, tend to get a bit of an enrollment bump. I have no idea what Park Tudor's enrollment is, but they're solidly 1A. Danville's result tomorrow will determine whether it is 3A or 4A for the next two years. By this math, that will likely affect Delta (which goes down to 3A if Danville wins). 

UPDATE: I have made edits to reflect LCC being in 2A and Madison (not Madison-Grant) in 3A. 

IHSAA enrollment - Copy of Sheet1 (3).pdf

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's what I was able to pull. Note: These are unofficial and reflect 4-grade enrollment. With regards to Hammond, I merged Clark & Hammond's enrollments, as well as Gavit & Morton's, as is the consolidation plan. The Evansville schools, for example, tend to get a bit of an enrollment bump. I have no idea what Park Tudor's enrollment is, but they're solidly 1A. Danville's result tomorrow will determine whether it is 3A or 4A for the next two years. By this math, that will likely affect Delta (which goes down to 3A if Danville wins). 

IHSAA enrollment - Copy of Sheet1.pdf 76.45 kB · 13 downloads    

For sectional 41. 

North Newton, South Newton, Bowman, South Central, West Central, Winamac, Culver and North Judson. 

11 hours ago, superjay said:

LCC is 2A by success factor.  State and regional champ is 6 points.  

And 1A Pioneer will also remain in 2A due to SF by gaining 2 points for their regional win this year.

12 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

IHSAA enrollment - Copy of Sheet1.pdf 76.45 kB · 28 downloads    

I agree that the Evansville schools seem a little low. 

I think EVSC doesn’t count the half-day students at Tech or AIS. But then they add them back to their home districts for IHSAA purposes. Or something to that affect. 

I wonder how the state will handle virtual students as well. I think EVSC really pushed their ‘virtual academy’ which also means several hundred students may not be included.

1 hour ago, captainobvious said:

You telling me that Madison Grant moved from 1A to 3A by enrollment??  I find that hard to believe.

It wasn't from SF. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

I don't think Dugger is tourney eligible.. If they aren't (and adding LCC to 2a)

Seeger and Forest Park will be 1a. 

I don't know about Forest Park, but Seeger can make some noise in 1A North ... especially with LCC and Pioneer playing up in 2A for the next cycle.

7 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

I thought success factor could not cause teams up to move down. I swear I heard last time they put all the classes together then move the SFs up, but no one down due to that?

Indirectly it can in some classes because there are set numbers of teams in some classes.  with 64 teams in 1A and 32 in 6A can change positions in other classes.  For example, if LCC moves up in 1A and there are no new teams added to 1A, someone drops down from 2A to give 64 in 1A.  Similarly, in 6A, if someone moves up from 5A to 6A, to maintain 32 in 6A, someone would move down.  You are correct that you don't move down on points in SF, you could move down because someone else moved up from another class.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I don't know about Forest Park, but Seeger can make some noise in 1A North ... especially with LCC and Pioneer playing up in 2A for the next cycle.

From my area

Culver

Returns their whole team besides 1 kid. They had a lot of kids go both ways but some back ups got some time, they may have less kids going both ways next year. They got 2 incoming freshman who'll play somewhere. 

North Judson

They return Hunter Redlin and Brennen Benson up front. Cheyanne Allen at FB and Kason Sanchez at WR. Defensively Sanchez and Allen will be back with Quinton and Owen Frasure and Aldric Harper. Harper, both frasures will prob play on offense next year, add in Barnhart and Minix who I think played quite a bit...with just those guys they'll be solid

Winamac

This will be their year to do something. 

Offensively

They return Logan Schultz and Kyle Olds up front and will be 4 year starters. Jaxon Roudebush a 3 year starter and Caleb Seymour a 2 year starter (came back as a junior, didnt play as a soph, played some as a freshman). Russell Compton at QB will be in his 4th year, Seniors Hayden Clark in his 3rd year and Jaden Terry in his 2nd year as skilled (clark played a little O as a freshman and Terry played a little O as a soph). Jadon Jones, Shaun Pratt and Dylan Brown (soph to be and seniors to be got time) i think you may see Zayne Bell a jr to be and Michael Loehmer a jr to be play some. 

Defense

Logan Schultz and Kyle Olds spear head the DL both 4 year starters, Zayne Bell will be in his 2nd year and Senior Remi Schwartz in his 3rd year. Hayden Clark will be in his 4th year on D as a LB and Beau Brandt in his 3rd year. Jadon Terry a 3 year starter in secondary along with Russell Compton a 3 year starter on D. Senior to be Dakota Smith,Dylan Brown,  Jaxon Roudebush and Shaun Pratt may play some as will Jr to be Michael Loehmer, Sophomore Jadon Jones, maybe sophomores Maddox Bucinski and Talon Braun. 

Should be a good year in warrior land. 

Ugh! That has AC in 2A which isn't where we want to be. Especially with Pioneer & LCC in 2A and Luers and others in the area. We could have finally had a break our way in 1A with some pretty good classes coming up. What happens when we get kids from other schools due to the academic profile. Now back when Woodlan went to state in 2A, I wish we would have been in 2A instead of 1A with the Kizer Panthers.

2 hours ago, Dirty D said:

I thought success factor could not cause teams up to move down. I swear I heard last time they put all the classes together then move the SFs up, but no one down due to that?

In other sports, yes (a change made due to a school with a very good softball program being upset about New Palestine getting bumped down by a success factor school in softball and then winning a 3A state title the first year of the cycle ... and then petitioning the IHSAA for a rule change). But in football, where the number of schools in each class has to be 32 or 64, a school moving up *does* bump down another school. 

Again, there will be some movement, but this at least gives an idea of what schools are on the borderline. 

At first glance, and again, nothing is official until the IHSAA releases it ... 

No surprise that Zionsville is moving to 6A, but i am a bit surprised Jeffersonville's enrollment has jumped enough to move it up. If this holds, it looks like (once again) there will be some crazy sectional travel in northern Indiana. And Carmel will likely be back in the northern half of the bracket. 

Somewhat surprised by Merrillville possibly moving down. They are a state contender in 5A. When all is said and done, I would expect Evansville North to be in 5A - their DOE school enrollments tend to be less than the IHSAA enrollments, which would send Huntington North to 4A. This will probably be Whiteland's last cycle in 5A before moving up to 6A next year. 

The Terre Haute schools dropping to 4A is a bit surprising. Both were solidly middle-5A programs a few years ago. TH doesn't seem to be bleeding population, but schools like Mt. Vernon, Greenfield-Central, Pendleton Heights and Northridge will probably continue to grow and push into 5A, eventually bumping FW North and BNL (as well as the TH schools) more permanently into 4A, as has already happened with former 5A teams Richmond, Marion & Muncie Central. 

Not a huge surprise there's lots of movement between 2A and 3A, as there are a ton of schools between 475-525 enrollment and one large or one small class can cause lots of movement. 

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

Ugh! That has AC in 2A which isn't where we want to be. Especially with Pioneer & LCC in 2A and Luers and others in the area. We could have finally had a break our way in 1A with some pretty good classes coming up. What happens when we get kids from other schools due to the academic profile. Now back when Woodlan went to state in 2A, I wish we would have been in 2A instead of 1A with the Kizer Panthers.

At least WeBo will be in 3A. 😀