Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Enrollment figures

15 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Ouch!  McCutcheon and Anderson lost to Harrison by a combined 84-14 this season ... McCutcheon was shutout.  Kokomo didn't play due to KOVID, but was KO'd by McCutcheon 24-7 in the first round of sectionals.  Not sure Cathedral plays those two games of sectionals, but it should be lots of opportunity for non-starters to get playing time in tourney play.

This will almost all but assure that LCC or Pioneer or both would likely be back in 1A in the 2023 cycle.  If IHSAA were smart, they'd find a way to put them in different regions to give potential that they both stay up in 2A.

I just broke it out geographically, but we all know that doesn't always matter. 

12 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Ouch!  McCutcheon and Anderson lost to Harrison by a combined 84-14 this season ... McCutcheon was shutout.  Kokomo didn't play due to KOVID, but was KO'd by McCutcheon 24-7 in the first round of sectionals.  Not sure Cathedral plays those two games of sectionals, but it should be lots of opportunity for non-starters to get playing time in tourney play.

Wouldn't you be able to say this about approximately 80-90% of the teams who would be so unfortunate as to face Cathedral in 5A next year? (or for that matter 4A this past year?)

1 minute ago, FarmerFran said:

I just broke it out geographically, but we all know that doesn't always matter. 

Yep.  All we need is Chatard, Brebeuf, and Guerin in 2A and Pioneer will get to be the honorary PP school, ala West Lafayette, in the Petite Sectional of Death.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bullhorn99 said:

Wouldn't you be able to say this about approximately 80-90% of the teams who would be so unfortunate as to face Cathedral in 5A next year? (or for that matter 4A this past year?)

To an extent, perhaps ... but those three are in a particularly bad way to be paired with Cathedral. 

10 hours ago, PhilLee said:

3A South is tricky but here is what I have right now:

29- Tri-West, South Vermillion, Monrovia, Danville, Indy Washington, Western Boone, Speedway, Vincennes

30- South Dearborn, Lawrenceburg, Greensburg, Batesville, Rushville, Indian Creek, Franklin County, Brown County

31- Salem, North Harrison, Scottsburg, Madison, Charlestown, Corydon, Owen Valley, Edgewood

32- Southridge, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, Princeton, Gibson Southern, Washington, Ev Bosse, Pike Central

I like the thinking. But as much as I try, I think HH or SR go to 31, similar to the alignments in 2015 and 16.

29 - Put in Indian Creek for VL

30 - Edgewood for IC

31 - HH or SR for Edgewood - Probably HH

32 - VL added 

12 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I like the thinking. But as much as I try, I think HH or SR go to 31, similar to the alignments in 2015 and 16.

29 - Put in Indian Creek for VL

30 - Edgewood for IC

31 - HH or SR for Edgewood - Probably HH

32 - VL added 

IF the IHSAA decided to go "that route", meaning back to 15 and 16, I think it's more likely it's broken down this way - I think it makes more sense time-zone wise.

31 (eastern time zone teams) - Corydon, Salem, Charleston, Scottsburg, Rushville, Brown County, North Harrison, Southridge

32 (central time zone) - Mt. Vernon, Bosse, Vincennes Lincoln, Gibson Southern, Princeton, H.H., Washington, Pike Central

14 minutes ago, Bullhorn99 said:

How so? What about them is different from most of the rest of the potential 5A field?

May not be ... perhaps they are in the same vein with the rest of 5A.  I'm more familiar with those teams since they are right in Harrison's backyard.  Anderson's "signature" wins were a 6-point win over a 1-8 4A team and a 3-point win over a 2-7 6A team who picked up one of those wins with an 8-point victory over the 1-8 4A team that Anderson had the 6-point win over.  None of those teams had wins over a team with a winning season.  The closest was McCutcheon who beat 6-7 Logansport, who lost to Harrison 54-0, and lost a tight game to 3A Guerin who finished 4-5.

7 minutes ago, jets said:

IF the IHSAA decided to go "that route", meaning back to 15 and 16, I think it's more likely it's broken down this way - I think it makes more sense time-zone wise.

31 (eastern time zone teams) - Corydon, Salem, Charleston, Scottsburg, Rushville, Brown County, North Harrison, Southridge

32 (central time zone) - Mt. Vernon, Bosse, Vincennes Lincoln, Gibson Southern, Princeton, H.H., Washington, Pike Central

Is HH Central?  I really only pay attention to Lincoln City's time zone when we go to Holiday World, which we didn't get to do this summer. LOL

I assumed it was Eastern, but if it's central, than I agree with your breakdown.

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Is HH Central?  I really only pay attention to Lincoln City's time zone when we go to Holiday World, which we didn't get to do this summer. LOL

I assumed it was Eastern, but if it's central, than I agree with your breakdown.

Going to put West Vigo in the North?

6 minutes ago, XStar said:

Going to put West Vigo in the North?

It looks like Monrovia and West Vigo are both teetering on that 2/3A line.

West Vigo would be in 29 instead of South Vermillion if they were 3A, unless they bumped down Monrovia. 

With Mish Marian as a favorite up north, I assume Guerin will stay north so a P/P matchup at Lucas is impossible.

Just now, oldtimeqb said:

It looks like Monrovia and West Vigo are both teetering on that 2/3A line.

West Vigo would be in 29 instead of South Vermillion if they were 3A, unless they bumped down Monrovia. 

With Mish Marian as a favorite up north, I assume Guerin will stay north so a P/P matchup at Lucas is impossible.

When was the last time Marian went to state?  It's been awhile.  I wouldn't assume they are the favorite.  I do agree they were the 2nd best team this past season to Chatard.  

23 hours ago, SBFootball1 said:

I am becoming more and more intrigued with 8 man football.  It would allow schools, such as those mentioned above, to field a team and allow some smaller 1A programs a chance to be more competitive.  Add to that what it could do to shake up the classes across the board and I am becoming a bigger proponent each year.

Not enough schools for 8 man. The co-ops would be a better choice 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:58 AM, jets said:

I don't think it can be proven that the IHSAA ever has shown they give two squats about time zone....or am I wrong on that?

23 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

How many schools do you think would be necessary for 8-man? Some have recently suggested a 24 6A class. Do you not think 24 schools would be willing to play 8-man?

On 12/3/2020 at 4:54 PM, Donnie Baker said:

It seems as if the IHSAA has dug in against co-ops but their is some light in the 8-man discussion...but I could be wrong on that.

Whichever helps make football in our state better and gets more people playing, I am all for!

12 hours ago, SBFootball1 said:

It seems as if the IHSAA has dug in against co-ops but their is some light in the 8-man discussion...but I could be wrong on that.

Whichever helps make football in our state better and gets more people playing, I am all for!

What will make football better in the state of Indiana is to eliminate the bottom feeder programs that have neither the resources or the will to play high school football at the varsity level.  There is no shame in shutting down a program that wins one or two times over a 3 to 5 year period.  Some things just cant be fixed.  Its foolish to continue to pump life saving drugs into a stage four pancreatic cancer patient, and its foolish to pump valuable tax payer provided resources into a moribund football program that provides no return on investment in any way shape or form.  

Contraction is the answer, consolidation and The Multiplier are the equalizers, and 280 is the target number of go forward football playing schools in the State of Indiana.

1 hour ago, DT said:

What will make football better in the state of Indiana is to eliminate the bottom feeder programs that have neither the resources or the will to play high school football at the varsity level.  There is no shame in shutting down a program that wins one or two times over a 3 to 5 year period.  Some things just cant be fixed.  Its foolish to continue to pump life saving drugs into a stage four pancreatic cancer patient, and its foolish to pump valuable tax payer provided resources into a moribund football program that provides no return on investment in any way shape or form.  

Contraction is the answer, consolidation and The Multiplier are the equalizers, and 280 is the target number of go forward football playing schools in the State of Indiana.

The "return on investment" should never be viewed in terms of wins and losses at the high school level.  If a school does not want to participate in football in enough numbers for them to realistically participate, that's one thing.  To say they haven't won enough to continue fielding a team is one of the dumbest ideas ever put forth on this board.  

On 12/3/2020 at 4:54 PM, Donnie Baker said:

On 12/4/2020 at 4:46 PM, JQWL said:

How many schools do you think would be necessary for 8-man? Some have recently suggested a 24 6A class. Do you not think 24 schools would be willing to play 8-man?

I bet you could find 24 teams in Indiana to play 8-man ball.  It would start with many schools in 1A and potentially homeschool teams, but I'd venture a guess that there are some 3A/4A schools that would even opt for an 8-man team as opposed to trying to continue to compete in 3A/4A with 11-man ball.  I know that 7-on-7 at the high school level tends to be treated more like camp/scrimmage, but there are already youth programs that have been doing 7-on-7 and 9-on-9 contact ball for regular seasons either in response to numbers or to create more teams and more opportunities for kids to play.  And some of these are in programs that feed into schools as large as 5A ... so the concept isn't too foreign.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 10:30 PM, crimsonace1 said:

Here's what I was able to pull. Note: These are unofficial and reflect 4-grade enrollment. With regards to Hammond, I merged Clark & Hammond's enrollments, as well as Gavit & Morton's, as is the consolidation plan. The Evansville schools, for example, tend to get a bit of an enrollment bump. I have no idea what Park Tudor's enrollment is, but they're solidly 1A. Danville's result tomorrow will determine whether it is 3A or 4A for the next two years. By this math, that will likely affect Delta (which goes down to 3A if Danville wins). 

UPDATE: I have made edits to reflect LCC being in 2A and Madison (not Madison-Grant) in 3A. 

IHSAA enrollment - Copy of Sheet1 (3).pdf 76.38 kB · 189 downloads

Is Park Tudor really 200 students??

1 hour ago, CoachGallogly said:

Is Park Tudor really 200 students??

That's a lot of shrinkage in just a 2-year cycle.  The were 343 last classification cycle when they dropped down to 1A and about 248 in 2013-2014.

19 hours ago, foxbat said:

That's a lot of shrinkage in just a 2-year cycle.  The were 343 last classification cycle when they dropped down to 1A and about 248 in 2013-2014.

According to the IHSAA Directory, Park Tudor's enrollment is 377.

1 hour ago, Payne said:

According to the IHSAA Directory, Park Tudor's enrollment is 377.

We'll probably have to wait for official numbers as there may be a couple of them at [severe] odds with those in @crimsonace1's originally posted document.  If Park Tudor is at 377, that likely puts them back in 2A again in the upcoming cycle and may impact AC's possible move to 2A.

Edited by foxbat

On 11/29/2020 at 7:45 AM, WWFan said:

I wonder in 1A with alot of schools dropping are south (Forest Park, Providence, Clarksville) and North schools moving up (LCC, busco) which teams will move north in sectionals

Seeger's last cycle in 1A they were South, but their most recent cycle in 2A they were North.  I would think, with Sectional 45 not losing any teams, Seeger would be a team that would go north...and likely make some noise

On 11/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, crimsonace1 said:

The Terre Haute schools dropping to 4A is a bit surprising. Both were solidly middle-5A programs a few years ago.

Did COVID encourage more parents to enroll in online schools?

Straight up- if I was a parent, and COVID struck, I'd have my kids enroll in an online school because they would have more experience with teaching online.