Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Article from post trib on Indy football

15 hours ago, PDB26 said:

I was there; it was awesome and a great game. 

Penn had an 89 game regular season winning streak going until an October 11th date at Ben Davis that year as well. I was there; it was much less awesome and not much of a game either. 

It's a shame that series came to an end, at least for Penn.

It was a great rivalry and a very unique series.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:50 AM, temptation said:

I think I'd swap your 40 percent "coaching" and 20 percent "SES."

Arsenal Tech or Perry Merdian could bring in Nick Saban and they are not competing with Carmel or Center Grove anytime soon.  Maybe if they gave him a few years, I'd change my mind.

As great as Eric Moore is, drop him in at Cloverdale and see how long it takes.

Vice versa, gimme the keys at Carmel and I could at least keep the train on the tracks...(I had an over 90 percent winning percentage on Super Tecmo Bowl in the 90s...)

If u were primarily using the Raiders u should’ve been a bit higher.

10 hours ago, PDB26 said:

Would you say that the majority of these games are competitive? 

The ones I worked this year were. Two of them came down to the last drive and the coaches were all treating it like their jobs depended on it. Lots of talent at the MIC schools I saw.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, Grover said:

Short of forming a 4 team 7A or state forced splitting of the school districts there's nothing you can do about it.  

I remember back in the early 2000's asking one of the higher ups (not in the athletic dept.) in the Carmel Clay school system if they would ever split into two high schools. This was around the time that the HSE district decided to split and build Fishers High School. He kinda looked at me like that was a stupid question, then said there was no way Carmel would ever split, and said flat out that sports was the  primary reason. If the HSE district had not split, HSE would now be close to 7,000 students. I know here in Westfield, there have been parents move a few miles up 31 from Carmel just so their kids have more of a chance to play than they do in Carmel, although that may change with Westfield's enrollment calculated to soon reach close to 3,000.

23 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I remember back in the early 2000's asking one of the higher ups (not in the athletic dept.) in the Carmel Clay school system if they would ever split into two high schools. This was around the time that the HSE district decided to split and build Fishers High School. He kinda looked at me like that was a stupid question, then said there was no way Carmel would ever split, and said flat out that sports was the  primary reason. If the HSE district had not split, HSE would now be close to 7,000 students. I know here in Westfield, there have been parents move a few miles up 31 from Carmel just so their kids have more of a chance to play than they do in Carmel, although that may change with Westfield's enrollment calculated to soon reach close to 3,000.

Unpopular opinion:  Splitting Carmel into two schools only doubles their chances at advancing deep into the tournament.

Two schools of 2700 with a f/r/l of under 10 percent does nothing in terms of competitive balance, as DT likes to call it.

It’d be even more hilarious to see the outrage if they split them into a north and south type deal and sent them opposite ways in the tournament.

Be careful what you wish for...

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

Unpopular opinion:  Splitting Carmel into two schools only doubles their chances at advancing deep into the tournament.

Two schools of 2700 with a f/r/l of under 10 percent does nothing in terms of competitive balance, as DT likes to call it.

It’d be even more hilarious to see the outrage if they split them into a north and south type deal and sent them opposite ways in the tournament.

Fact.

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

He’s referencing Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren and Penn.

Got it!

Forgot about the Penn dominance 20-30 years ago, as far as state titles.  

Every time I see this document, I feel like I say the same thing every time "wow, Franklin Central has a higher enrollment than Center Grove".  I live in Franklin Township, and with another few subdivisions going up right now, I won't be surprised if FC is in the top ten in the next few cycles as far as enrollment.  

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I'm not wishing for it but it's gonna take a whole lot more than rich parents to pull off your scenario.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Nah, I just added that for dramatic effect.  I think they’d send them in the same direction.

I think they'd have a hard time not sending them the same direction. Thought it was pretty funny though, and it definitely sounded like something that would get said up around these parts.

1 hour ago, Grover said:

I'm not wishing for it but it's gonna take a whole lot more than rich parents to pull off your scenario.

Not “my scenario” by any means.  I’ve just heard a lot of this rhetoric in the past and I think it would actually do the reverse of its intent.

Carmel Clay schools would go 1-2 in boys/girls swimming, golf and cross country most years, would have half of the final four in football, soccer and basketball more often than not and that would take even more opportunities away from other schools.

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Not “my scenario” by any means.  I’ve just heard a lot of this rhetoric in the past and I think it would actually do the reverse of its intent.

Carmel Clay schools would go 1-2 in boys/girls swimming, golf and cross country most years, would have half of the final four in football, soccer and basketball more often than not and that would take even more opportunities away from other schools.

Don't know about boys swimming.  Maybe 1-3

1 hour ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

Don't know about boys swimming.  Maybe 1-3

Very rarely is the boys swimming state meet close.  Not as lopsided as the girls but I see your point.

Imagine "only" winning 13 state championships in the last two decades and being in the shadow of your girls program.

Edited by temptation

On 12/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, temptation said:

The IHSAA does gymnastics to make sure that districts never get split.