1 hour ago, Coach P said:

LOL, I'm just digging for some info.....   What is the style of play there, who are the teams to beat, what teams have players, but perhaps under performed. 

Lot's of spread teams

West Lafayette is always solid and there is a lot of ebb and flow in both divisions. 

This is a terrible cliff notes of the HC, but I feel like this could sum it up accurately.

Edited by Obi-Wan
5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

Lot's of spread teams

West Lafayette is always solid and there is a lot of ebb and flow in both divisions. 

This is a terrible cliff notes of the HC, but I feel like this could sum it up accurately.

On any given day, there are half a dozen teams capable of ruining any other team's day or sometimes season.

3 hours ago, Coach P said:

I don't know much about this conference.  What can you all tell me about it?  Just fishing for information....

Fun fact ... in the past decade, the Hoosier Conference has sent four different teams to LOS, across seven of the ten years, and produced six blue rings. across three classes.

Cass:  Wing T

Tipton:  Multiple with a nice Spread and under center combo from what I have seen, usually very good skill kids

HH:  Seem to be on the uptick now. lots of numbers, Spread team 

NW:  Hodge Podge last few years, mix of Double wing, wing t to spread, numbers were less than 50 last year I believe , Great facilities 

Western:  Been big and physical last few years, Gun Single Wing with some Zone concepts, and spread concepts sprinkled in.  Well coached, competitive program 

West Side
Its been WL playground since 2015

RCHS:  We run Double Tight Single Wing, return a significant amount of players and very nice Freshman class coming in 

BC:  Workign on getting numbers and excitment up.  Spread Team, those kids played hard for Coach Marsh last year, numbers and signafigant injuries have done them in last few years

LCC:  Very good as expected each year, Coach Nay runs a spread No huddle, check with me system, VERY GOOD QB, going on 4th year starting into 2021, as a SR.  6'5 last time I saw 

TL:  Flipped from Wing T under Coach Mannering to Spread with Coach Saylers, we missed them this past year due to covid and I think only saw them once on film, but they seemed to have had a nice year statistically speaking last year

Cheers

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Coach P said:

LOL, I'm just digging for some info.....   What is the style of play there, who are the teams to beat, what teams have players, but perhaps under performed. 

It was 1/2 joke, 1/2 serious. 😊. The HC is a REALLY good conference filled with vey knowledgeable coaches, fans, etc.  Usually very solid content in the thread. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Pizza Shack in Tipton is closing permanently after today. Visitors will need to find an alternative for pre-game meals.

Fortunately we have some buyers. Hopefully not closed for long.  

• Like 1