Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 6 picks

4 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Ditto.  Dwenger/Concordia & Homestead/NS might be close for a while.  The rest are pretty obvious IMHO.

If you consider the first five minutes of the first quarter “a while” then sure, those two games might be close. Otherwise, this is a snoozer week for good games in the SAC. I’ll try to stream the Brebeuf/Roncalli or Nowell/East Noble games if I can. Those should be good matchups. 

On 9/20/2021 at 4:04 PM, FW HS Football said:

If you consider the first five minutes of the first quarter “a while” then sure, those two games might be close. Otherwise, this is a snoozer week for good games in the SAC. I’ll try to stream the Brebeuf/Roncalli or Nowell/East Noble games if I can. Those should be good matchups. 

Norwell will have their hands full based on relative performance vs Leo.

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

So I hear you have to buy your tickets for Concordia home games on line? Such BS. Service charge included. 

Does the IHSAA know this?

No one probably shows up to watch a horrible Concordia team so they have to add a surcharge for the visiting fans is my guess 

On 9/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, jakone said:

Carroll at South Side

Dwenger at Concordia

Northrop at Luers

Wayne at Snider

Homestead at North Side

Carroll over South

Saints over Cadets 

Luers over Northrop 

Snider over Wayne

Homestead over North

Thanks Jakone for starting this each week. 

8 hours ago, Mebuck said:

So I hear you have to buy your tickets for Concordia home games on line? Such BS. Service charge included. 

Does the IHSAA know this?

It appears they're just following the example of the FWCS teams in the Conference. And if the IHSAA knows about the FWCS, then certainly they should know about the 'CADETS'. 

1 hour ago, BLKnights7 said:

I would personally like to see more talk about the team's rather than a crap shoot of who thinks who will win. Just my 2 cents 

I concur..power poll so far n yes I've been rolling with coach k from week 1 

1) Luers- They are we thought they were..well not everyone knew they'd be hearing the echoes of the Spencer n Lindsay led teams of decades past..2a is in trouble yet nothing is given

2) Carroll- Dinan gives them the edge at #2..taking it on the chin at the hands of the knights does not seem as damming as most thought..that offense can score although bart ball may negate that during playoffs (if it happens)

3) Snider- Panthers took a step forward by squeaking past sparty last week. Wayne may be a trap game n the target on their back will never diminish..can they finish?

4) Homestead- They had their chances last week..they have the look of a 6a school..can they become a true "program" is yet to be seen..feeder system is strong 

5) Dwenger- Tough sledding for a tough group of kids..that hit parade won't stop anytime soon..they will win more games this year..how many is yet tbd..

6) Northside- Legends have been reeling of late as well..the have shown the ability to compete..just not for 4 quarters..keep the core together..the rest will follow

7)  Concordia- Cadets have slowly been getting better although their record may not reflect it..with chatard moving up they need to remain focused.

8 South Side- Winning a game says a mouthful about their new coach..they won a sectional game last year as well..if they stick with it the green n white may cause damage..

9) Northrop- Can't quite figure them out..so many athletes walking the halls yet the culture just isn't there..they will be ready for the playoffs though 

10) Wayne- Haydock gives some of the best pregame speeches n knows how to get the most of his athletes..weather changes n so does our youth..hopefully they tough it out..Snider better be on upset alert 📢 

Edited by Justasportsfan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

It appears they're just following the example of the FWCS teams in the Conference. And if the IHSAA knows about the FWCS, then certainly they should know about the 'CADETS'. 

South Side sold tickets at the gate as well as on line. My beef is paying extra for the ticket and it's called a  Convenience fee. Walking up handing a person $6 and getting a ticket is not hard nor  Inconvenient.