Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A postseason talk

12 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Memorial gonna be a tough out in sectional ship if they can get by Central. 

I thought they were going to beat Jasper in the rematch.

If they are problems with Central, I may have to favor NV in the finals.  Central is not a good football team this year.  Lost too much to graduation and injuries.

23 minutes ago, southend said:

Me to, but are not as seasoned of a program as the storied Reitz program. 

Reitz has a great tradition, but the current reality is they are a low middle of the pack SIAC program and have been  sub-.500 the last few years.  Most programs go through cycles.  We have for sure.  

Unless Northview absolutely implodes, Reitz will be lucky to keep it within 3 TDs.  They squeaked by a 2 win Boonville team 41-34.  Putting up 41 is great and the RB had a big game (300+ yds), but giving up 34 points to Boonville is the red flag to me. Northview's OL and RB will be a tough task for the Reitz D.  

Having now watched Northview's game from last week several times, I think Memorial is gonna have its hands full too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, southend said:

Looking ahead, I agree with memorial and Northview observation. Memorial had revenge on their list for Jasper. All gone now. Let down. And the Brazil team is here on merit.  

I don't think there will be a mental let down in preparation. If anything, I think knowing we'll have to ride a bus for 2+ hours to play an opponent who defeated (and kind of embarrassed) an undefeated Jasper team at their own place will help sharpen the focus next week.  Plus, it doesn't take too many plays in the Jasper game to see that Northview has some hammers.    

1 hour ago, tango said:

Reitz has a great tradition, but the current reality is they are a low middle of the pack SIAC program and have been  sub-.500 the last few years.  Most programs go through cycles.  We have for sure.  

Unless Northview absolutely implodes, Reitz will be lucky to keep it within 3 TDs.  They squeaked by a 2 win Boonville team 41-34.  Putting up 41 is great and the RB had a big game (300+ yds), but giving up 34 points to Boonville is the red flag to me. Northview's OL and RB will be a tough task for the Reitz D.  

Having now watched Northview's game from last week several times, I think Memorial is gonna have its hands full too. 

I was really impressed with how well coached Northview seems to be.

They mix the pass and run well.  They have a lot of flexibility with their players and move them around a lot between WR and RB.   They mix the deep pass, short pass and play action pass well.

It will be interesting to see how they would match up with another team that has more line size and mixes the run and pass better than Jasper.  (Memorial, EC, Roncalli)  

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I’m surprised Mooresville is the heavy favorite in S23 according to JH’s tournament chances. Thought it would be near equal between them and EC

Everyone up in Indy is in love with Patterson and his stats.   He is a big kid and throws a nice ball, but he will need help to get past EC.

Gillin also seems to have a lot of fans.  (I am not one.  He ended my carreer in his last season at Tri West.)

6 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I’m surprised Mooresville is the heavy favorite in S23 according to JH’s tournament chances. Thought it would be near equal between them and EC

I am not surprised by this (I don't mean that I agree with it just that I am not surprised by it). JH's tournament chances utilizes Sagarin ratings. Unfortunately using Sagarin there are 2 games East Central played against Ohio teams that do not get calculated for or against them. I think S23 ischances are a lot closer between the 2 teams, but using Sagarin numbers won't come to that conclusion.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Everyone up in Indy is in love with Patterson and his stats.   He is a big kid and throws a nice ball, but he will need help to get past EC.

Gillin also seems to have a lot of fans.  (I am not one.  He ended my carreer in his last season at Tri West.)

Forgot about Patterson being at Mooresville, I remember hearing him a lot before the 2019 Regional Game

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Forgot about Patterson being at Mooresville, I remember hearing him a lot before the 2019 Regional Game

He will end up playing somewhere on Saturday afternoons.   I know I am repeating myself, but he throws it effortlessly and on target.    He is also big enough to shake off HS lineman trying to tackle him.

9 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

He will end up playing somewhere on Saturday afternoons.   I know I am repeating myself, but he throws it effortlessly and on target.    He is also big enough to shake off HS lineman trying to tackle him.

Now that I remembered, we never played against him as I originally thought. It was the big Perry kid we had to face 

Mooresville’s offense is better than last years and they put up 36 last year on EC. Those two senior linebackers EC had last year 33 viel and 47 were studs! EC coach Meiners is 27 and 6 in his third year with the Trojans 4 of his losses have been 2 to Mooresville and 2 to Roncalli. So I’m going with the ole ball coach and the Pioneers tonight in a close one until they prove me wrong! Also watching Northview and Jasper game, Northview has some dudes and have had a great year with that being said Mooresville would beat them by 2 to 3 scores just my opinion!

4 minutes ago, Mopi11 said:

Mooresville’s offense is better than last years and they put up 36 last year on EC. Those two senior linebackers EC had last year 33 viel and 47 were studs! EC coach Meiners is 27 and 6 in his third year with the Trojans 4 of his losses have been 2 to Mooresville and 2 to Roncalli. So I’m going with the ole ball coach and the Pioneers tonight in a close one until they prove me wrong! Also watching Northview and Jasper game, Northview has some dudes and have had a great year with that being said Mooresville would beat them by 2 to 3 scores just my opinion!

There’s the Mopi response! Patterson is the real deal from the sounds of it, and he is only a sophomore?? I’m looking forward to this game tonight, but mostly focused on the Martinsville-SD game.

14 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

There’s the Mopi response! Patterson is the real deal from the sounds of it, and he is only a sophomore?? I’m looking forward to this game tonight, but mostly focused on the Martinsville-SD game.

Junior.  Started every game last year as a Sophmore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mopi11 said:

I am going to watch the Mooresville-Whiteland game since I have some time.

The DC and Whiteland games have my attention because I think they have a lot in commond with EC.

Physical teams that can run the ball.   Will be interesting to see how Mooresville plays with a physical team.

• Like 1

I've watched several EC & Mooresville games this year, and I think EC wins this one by 1 or 2 TD's.

EC forced Roncalli's players to make some incredibly contested catches in the pass game. And EC's offense was wildly impressive compared to years past & hit some major explosive passes on Roncalli as well. 

Mooresville's offense is really dang good as well but I think EC forces a key stop or two in the first half, and keeps Mopi at arm's reach throughout the game. 

The weather is going to be the ultimate factor though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

I've watched several EC & Mooresville games this year, and I think EC wins this one by 1 or 2 TD's.

EC forced Roncalli's players to make some incredibly contested catches in the pass game. And EC's offense was wildly impressive compared to years past & hit some major explosive passes on Roncalli as well. 

Mooresville's offense is really dang good as well but I think EC forces a key stop or two in the first half, and keeps Mopi at arm's reach throughout the game. 

The weather is going to be the ultimate factor though. 

Wow, EC. Ok You have first hand knowledge. Watching several of both teams games this year. No argument from me then. I’m putting my wad (dollars)on EC. 

11 minutes ago, southend said:

Wow, EC. Ok You have first hand knowledge. Watching several of both teams games this year. No argument from me then. I’m putting my wad (dollars)on EC. 

If it's as rainy as expected, the edge 100% goes to EC. They can ground & pound, and do a really good job of being physical against the run, defensively. 

I think one team that has been under the radar in 4A is Mt. Vernon. They gave up 57 to a unique offense in Noblesville but they've been dominant in the HHC this year. (I know they're ranked 4th in the polls but almost no one is giving them a chance to beat the Royals.) Roncalli struggles mightily against good passing offenses and Mt. Vernon's big-time pass game could give Roncalli fits. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

If it's as rainy as expected, the edge 100% goes to EC. They can ground & pound, and do a really good job of being physical against the run, defensively. 

I think one team that has been under the radar in 4A is Mt. Vernon. They gave up 57 to a unique offense in Noblesville but they've been dominant in the HHC this year. (I know they're ranked 4th in the polls but almost no one is giving them a chance to beat the Royals.) Roncalli struggles mightily against good passing offenses and Mt. Vernon's big-time pass game could give Roncalli fits. 

Roncalli really pushed MV around last year and I don’t think he line situation has changed much.   Roncalli might actually be better on the line this year and is offensively more diverse. 

MV would need their QB to play better.  Last year he missed several open receivers when he could have brought MV back into the game.  

HHC is still down since New Pal is down.