Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

47 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

PayPal is much more secure than putting your credit card in a database....it's not outdated just because it's not VENMO you damn Generation Z, ZZ, ZZZ whatever you are.  LMAO!

I just re-upped and saw a Venmo option... for all the 'yutes out there.

One could maybe use this information to sort out my generational affiliation:  I use PayPal for my GID donations it since that's the way I've been doing it.  The concept of Venmo makes me anxious.  If those two options weren't available I would have to actively hunt for my checkbook since I only ever use it to pay my water bill, as my town won't let me set up auto-pay on my credit card.  If I could find it, I'm not sure I have any stamps or envelopes in my house to mail it.

Bonus clue:  I'm of an age to know the movie quote "the two 'yutes...".

28 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Can MTV realistically upset GS?  I don't think we should forget what happened before the game on social media or after in the line of the first meeting.  I'm hoping for a pancake extravaganza come Friday night once again.   Fires me up just sayin. 

It certainly can…and the path to the championship is probably as tough as you can make it for GS. 

but the team plays with some moxie to them. 

someone on the team had a good quote a few weeks back about princeton.  Maybe it was Rory or lukeman on the radio show or something…but they basically said that they have to keep up the pressure no matter the opponent because they know if they even just barely beat an opponent, it could mess up their confidence and make the following week harder trying to get all that confidence back.  

I thought it was a good comment

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Stole this from a friend off Facebook…so unfortunately I can’t take credit.

Saw that also... great meme.  And an oddly good show, IMO.  Had me hooked for a couple of weeks at least. Old Man was definitely my favorite character, especially episode 1.

48 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Can MTV realistically upset GS?  I don't think we should forget what happened before the game on social media or after in the line of the first meeting.  I'm hoping for a pancake extravaganza come Friday night once again.   Fires me up just sayin. 

Its high school football, absolutely anything can happen.  My anxiety level will be through the roof each and every game from here on out.  But to be fair, see above post re: my feelings toward Venmo... my brain's chemical imbalances probably aren't a good indicator of how GS actually stacks up to any given opponent.

That said, I think GS TCOB Friday and moves on to round 2... and a heightened level of anxiety, roughly exponential in growth to the playoff round in question.

I hear they make great pharmaceuticals for people like me...

24 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Its high school football, absolutely anything can happen.  My anxiety level will be through the roof each and every game from here on out.  But to be fair, see above post re: my feelings toward Venmo... my brain's chemical imbalances probably aren't a good indicator of how GS actually stacks up to any given opponent.

That said, I think GS TCOB Friday and moves on to round 2... and a heightened level of anxiety, roughly exponential in growth to the playoff round in question.

I hear they make great pharmaceuticals for people like me...

I right there you you brother.   

11 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

I'm right there with you.  Good Lord my mind and my hands aren't working together.  I need the pharmaceuticals lol

It's a pretty safe bet that Gibson Southern will have no issues with any team in their Sectional.  From what it looks like on John Harrell's site GS running clocked every PAC team they played and their defense didnt give up a TD.  I know you never overlook your opponent and respect them......yada yada, but none of these games will be close!

12 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

It's a pretty safe bet that Gibson Southern will have no issues with any team in their Sectional.  From what it looks like on John Harrell's site GS running clocked every PAC team they played and their defense didnt give up a TD.  I know you never overlook your opponent and respect them......yada yada, but none of these games will be close!

Can I put you down for one of these T-shirts?

5C23DA9B-31BE-4EA9-BAB0-5FE9EA711377.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CheapSeats said:

I’m just saying

Heritage Hills in 2014, 2019

Memorial in 2016

2014….14-13 at half…patriots pull out the wishbone and milk the clock dry after running the spread offense all year. we were ranked #7 at the time and the home favorite slightly over #6 Heritage Hills

2016. Lost our QB in game 9…after going 9-0 memorial picked us off 3 times and upset us 29-20.  Memorial was unranked but 6-3.  We were ranked #1 in 3A pretty much all year

2019. #3 ranked heritage hills.  GS was ranked #7…but GS dominated that game for 45 minutes and Sigler had like 2 giant punt returns and great runs for TDs in the final few minutes to take a 21-20 lead….and Brady drove all the way down to the like 5yard line and HH blocked the FG as time expired 

we all know GS is good… the players know they are a great team…but we also know that if you don’t stay on your toes it can be over just like that. It’s been 6 years since GS won a sectional championship….in part because of how good the teams in 32 generally are….the team, the fans, the surrounding community…we all know it cannot be taken for granted.  

I don’t care if it’s Princeton all the way in semi state game (why is that a possibility).  I don’t think team or fans care either.  Just gotta treat every team with the same aggressive desire to win. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

we all know GS is good… the players know they are a great team…but we also know that if you don’t stay on your toes it can be over just like that. It’s been 6 years since GS won a sectional championship….in part because of how good the teams in 32 generally are….the team, the fans, the surrounding community…we all know it cannot be taken for granted.  

Curious Dumfries… have you seen any of the current GS players play in person?

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Can I put you down for one of these T-shirts?

Once those Sectional champ t-shirts hit the market, the Back-2-Back PAC shirts will be thrown into the car wash buckets... Enjoy the next 6 weeks Titan fans.  This is your year!! 

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If you guys can make it where I don’t have to mess with PayPal you have my money.  

just need a simple interface that I can enter my card # instead of waiting 5-7 days for PayPal with my bank. 

Why don't you just use your card # on Paypal?  That's what I do.  No bank needed.

1 hour ago, Titan20 said:

Curious Dumfries… have you seen any of the current GS players play in person?

As 7th and 8th graders plenty and as Freshman once. My brother was on the team…but then fell out of a tree broke his arm and then chose skateboarding over football lol. 

I live in Wisconsin though so I have only been able to listen to the radio/watch on ihsaa/whatever video service since these seniors were freshman. 

im in Indiana around thanksgiving every year though hoping they can make it back to those November games 

1 hour ago, Alduflux said:

Why don't you just use your card # on Paypal?  That's what I do.  No bank needed.

Because that would require me setting up PayPal again lol. 

2 hours ago, tango said:

Once those Sectional champ t-shirts hit the market, the Back-2-Back PAC shirts will be thrown into the car wash buckets... Enjoy the next 6 weeks Titan fans.  This is your year!! 

shhhhh....we get a kickback!

1 hour ago, tango said:

I dunno... still a lotta TYFL champs t-shirts still floating around these parts.  Some things you just don't get rid of.  And car wash rags?!  Blasphemy, sir!  Let your wife sneak them out of circulation due to the public humiliation of being seen with you like a man!

Like an Alto Adige pinot blanc, a cobot clothbound cheddar, or a November 2009 Playboy, local sports t-shirts only get better with age.

• Like 1