Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

5 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m just saying

Heritage Hills in 2014, 2019

Memorial in 2016

2014….14-13 at half…patriots pull out the wishbone and milk the clock dry after running the spread offense all year. we were ranked #7 at the time and the home favorite slightly over #6 Heritage Hills

2016. Lost our QB in game 9…after going 9-0 memorial picked us off 3 times and upset us 29-20.  Memorial was unranked but 6-3.  We were ranked #1 in 3A pretty much all year

2019. #3 ranked heritage hills.  GS was ranked #7…but GS dominated that game for 45 minutes and Sigler had like 2 giant punt returns and great runs for TDs in the final few minutes to take a 21-20 lead….and Brady drove all the way down to the like 5yard line and HH blocked the FG as time expired 

we all know GS is good… the players know they are a great team…but we also know that if you don’t stay on your toes it can be over just like that. It’s been 6 years since GS won a sectional championship….in part because of how good the teams in 32 generally are….the team, the fans, the surrounding community…we all know it cannot be taken for granted.  

I don’t care if it’s Princeton all the way in semi state game (why is that a possibility).  I don’t think team or fans care either.  Just gotta treat every team with the same aggressive desire to win. 

I guess we don’t exists in the rundown?? Lol...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jets said:

I guess we don’t exists in the rundown?? Lol...

I didn’t include the games where GS wasnt favored.  Last year I believe we trailed both games the entire time? And then there was that Memorial stretch where nobody was touching them.

I wish there was something to point at and say “GS should have won this game” but SR just flat out won last year.  

my point was more about just because GS is favored doesn’t mean it’s a cake walk. 

21 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Its high school football, absolutely anything can happen.  My anxiety level will be through the roof each and every game from here on out.  But to be fair, see above post re: my feelings toward Venmo... my brain's chemical imbalances probably aren't a good indicator of how GS actually stacks up to any given opponent.

That said, I think GS TCOB Friday and moves on to round 2... and a heightened level of anxiety, roughly exponential in growth to the playoff round in question.

I hear they make great pharmaceuticals for people like me...

You can't let your guard down, even when it will likely be a 40+ point differential.....in 2019 we put a running clock on GS in the regular season and the sectional game was a nail biter to the end.  BTW, I am hoping for some of that in the sectional final this year!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

2019. #3 ranked heritage hills.  GS was ranked #7…but GS dominated that game for 45 minutes and Sigler had like 2 giant punt returns and great runs for TDs in the final few minutes to take a 21-20 lead….and Brady drove all the way down to the like 5yard line and HH blocked the FG as time expired 

We were all pretty happy that night seeing Hart settle for a field goal attempt!  I’m sure that’s one of those games Hart wishes he had back. Don’t punt to Sigler twice and don’t settle for a field goal attempt.  But, that’s high school football and our guys never quit.  

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

We were all pretty happy that night seeing Hart settle for a field goal attempt!  I’m sure that’s one of those games Hart wishes he had back. Don’t punt to Sigler twice and don’t settle for a field goal attempt.  But, that’s high school football and our guys never quit.  

That one was a tough one to take and still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth lol.

I don’t think it mattered though what Coach Hart called….and I wouldn’t question it either, the man has had GS with a top flight offense all 10 years as a HC, so if he says we’re kicking the FG, well that’s that and we try to kick a FG lol.   HH had a special team and Sigler was determined…looking back sure it would have been nice to win, but that was HHs year 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

The punter was supposed to NOT punt to Sigler...LOL.  To keep him from making that mistake we would have been better off to punt out of bounds.   Some believe we should have stayed tempo for one more drive...HH kids were gassed (that came from a HH player).  Big misalignment happened on field goal team.  I could have walked through that gap.  17 year old kids....it wasn't our night.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I don’t think it mattered though what Coach Hart called….and I wouldn’t question it either, the man has had GS with a top flight offense all 10 years as a HC, so if he says we’re kicking the FG, well that’s that and we try to kick a FG lol.   HH had a special team and Sigler was determined…looking back sure it would have been nice to win, but that was HHs year 

You're probably right.  And to be clear, I'm not questioning Hart's coaching abilities.  His record since taking over GS speaks for itself.  Every coach and every program has games and calls they wish they had back.  I can think of a few HH games and calls over the years that fall into that category.  

Looking forward to Friday!  Doesn't get much better than HS football playoff time!

34 minutes ago, Once a Titan said:

“One” of most heartbreaking nights I’ve watched as a GS fan! I thought what the heck are we doing kicking to Sigler for?? That ball was a magnet to him tho…..kid could flat out move! Exciting game to watch but definitely sucked being on the losing side of it.

indeed, and it could have been one of the most heartbreaking moments for us.  I remember that night like it was yesterday, I turned to my wife (when they set for the FG) and said "is this really how this is going to end"?   That team had been talking about Lucas Oil since they were in the 7th grade.  Two of those boys stood in my kitchen as 13 year olds and said "you will be watching us in Lucas Oil when we are seniors".  I'm glad they were right, it was fun.

53 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The punter was supposed to NOT punt to Sigler...LOL.  To keep him from making that mistake we would have been better off to punt out of bounds.   Some believe we should have stayed tempo for one more drive...HH kids were gassed (that came from a HH player).  Big misalignment happened on field goal team.  I could have walked through that gap.  17 year old kids....it wasn't our night.

I heard the difference was all in the videographer!  💪 

2 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

He's a legend in his own mind but a certain someone in his family runs like his mother just sayin lol

I was talking about the HH film guy.....he even has a glove with the finger tip cut out.  Clearly a professional.

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

After listening to the guys on Fox sports radio 106.7 last night.  I am going to have to go with Mt. Vernon in the slight upset victory.

The key to a MV victory is keeping their pad level low.  Should make up +/- 6 scores in just that adjustment, let alone all the other non-specific things reportedly seen on film.  I suspect utilizing a full 11 players throughout the game will be one of their unspoken adjustments to shoring up the pass defense, but I get why they don't give that nugget away to the media.  Keep GS guessing.