Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Who knows…I’m not sure it matters at this point. I only listened to the radio call but it seemed like the refs were just letting the boys play ball and not trying to interfere too much.  

got a new opponent this week and that’s all that really matters…it’s another 12 months before GS and MTV play on the football field. 

Good point! 

33 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Sounds like Gibson Southern had their way with Mt Vernon. Allen with almost 400 yds passing too.   How does one watch another coaching staff cuss out the other teams players? Where were the officials during all this? 

It's easy to see and hear from the other sideline.  Players report the exact dialog.  MTV was only marginally better than the middle of the teams in the PAC this year.  It's understandable for the media to latch on to that record though.

Time to move on.

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

It's easy to see and hear from the other sideline.  Players report the exact dialog.  MTV was only marginally better than the middle of the teams in the PAC this year.  It's understandable for the media to latch on to that record though.

Time to move on.

I see.  You were able to see and hear from the other sideline, but the officials missed this. Makes sense.  Maybe if MTV would have had 3-4 seniors transfer in that are starters, that would have been the needed boost to be better than the middle of the PAC this year.

While in the stands on Friday night, this quip had to be the highlight of the night from a clever MTV fan.   After a questionable no-call that could have been a late hit against GS, the MTV fan stated, "Hey Gibson Southern, did you recruit these officials too? "

18 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

I see.  You were able to see and hear from the other sideline, but the officials missed this. Makes sense.  Maybe if MTV would have had 3-4 seniors transfer in that are starters, that would have been the needed boost to be better than the middle of the PAC this year.

While in the stands on Friday night, this quip had to be the highlight of the night from a clever MTV fan.   After a questionable no-call that could have been a late hit against GS, the MTV fan stated, "Hey Gibson Southern, did you recruit these officials too? "

Sounds like the play that set off the soft staff member.  The bad call on the int was far worse in MTVs favor.  But come on bruh, the three guys you mention, Rory and Brady could have all sit the bench and GS wins this game going away.  If you feel slighted in some way regarding this season, don’t.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reb08 said:

...this quip had to be the highlight of the night from a clever MTV fan.

You're right, that was the highlight of the night from the MV side of the field.

Keep working on those trick plays and clever quips... got all off season to sort them out. 

1 hour ago, Reb08 said:

Reb08 why you so salty man? 

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

Reb08 why you so salty man? 

Well, someone has to do something to make this thread interesting.  Otherwise, it's GS people or coaches just communicating back and forth, which is rather mundane.

I would say there was enough positives for MTV to take away from that game. 

First off, was impressed that the MTV kids competed hard throughout.

Stop on 4th & goal, forced Gibson to punt, and got pressure on their QB a number of times.  And MTV had 14 first downs and moved the ball pretty well, especially on the ground at times.  Maybe gives us some reason for optimism in a couple weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Stop on 4th & goal, forced Gibson to punt, and got pressure on their QB a number of times.  And MTV had 14 first downs and moved the ball pretty well, especially on the ground at times.  Maybe gives us some reason for optimism in a couple weeks. 

Where have these comments been. 

we all just wanna talk ball 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

9 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Well, someone has to do something to make this thread interesting.  Otherwise, it's GS people or coaches just communicating back and forth, which is rather mundane.

I would say there was enough positives for MTV to take away from that game. 

There were some positivities for sure.  Take away the two bad GS snaps and the turnover on the punt return and also take away the 4th Q numbers there would be significantly less.  

On to next week.

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

There were some positivities for sure.  Take away the two bad GS snaps and the turnover on the punt return and also take away the 4th Q numbers there would be significantly less.  

On to next week.

One of those bad snaps didn't matter because they scored on the very next play, I think.   There were also a few other times were MTV was inside the 10 yard line but came away with no points.  I think the final score was representative of about what it should have been.  Game was competitive in spots, but never in doubt. 

Good luck this week.  

Would be nice for Bosse to come to town.  I remember the sectional championship against Bosse in 2013.  All the SIAC dudes were on here talking about Crutcher and how GS doesn't see that kind of speed bla bla bla.  GS would win that game, win against Brownstown Central in regional and lose to Brebeuf in the coldest (dry) semi-state I have ever attended.

14 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Would be nice for Bosse to come to town.  I remember the sectional championship against Bosse in 2013.  All the SIAC dudes were on here talking about Crutcher and how GS doesn't see that kind of speed bla bla bla.  GS would win that game, win against Brownstown Central in regional and lose to Brebeuf in the coldest (dry) semi-state I have ever attended.

That was a really good sectional game. Score was something like 38-33?  High scoring game.  

we were starting so many Sophomores that year and to see what they could do so early was impressive.

2012 seniors unlocked the potential for the program…2013 sophomores (class of 2015) really set the standard and gave GS the ability to reload instead of rebuild 

17 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That was a really good sectional game. Score was something like 38-33?  High scoring game.  

we were starting so many Sophomores that year and to see what they could do so early was impressive.

2012 seniors unlocked the potential for the program…2013 sophomores (class of 2015) really set the standard and gave GS the ability to reload instead of rebuild 

It was 39-35.  Bosse was 7-4 coming into that game with wins over Memorial and Castle that season.

Calpreps:

Salem (IN) at Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN), 6:30pm   [projection: Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 48-8]

Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) at Bosse (Evansville, IN), 7:00pm   [projection: Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 34-14]

8 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Calpreps:

Salem (IN) at Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN), 6:30pm   [projection: Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 48-8]

Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) at Bosse (Evansville, IN), 7:00pm   [projection: Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 34-14]

If I’m not mistaken, it looks like the winner of the Salem/GS game will be the home team in the sectional championship no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Sagarin looking like it has straighten out now with the closed conferences.  

image.thumb.png.024d66b2fe4001123fd7a66801d0d055.png

I would say it's about 75% of the way there, but will shift a little bit more after Friday.  Castle (5A) and North (5A) have yet to directly connect to the rest of the state but will by playing the Bloomington schools.  I'm not sure if that will result in up or down movement, but once that happens the six degrees of Kevin Bacon should be complete. 

32 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I would say it's about 75% of the way there, but will shift a little bit more after Friday.  Castle (5A) and North (5A) have yet to directly connect to the rest of the state but will by playing the Bloomington schools.  I'm not sure if that will result in up or down movement, but once that happens the six degrees of Kevin Bacon should be complete. 

Agree...ie we beat Conference Indiana champ Columbus North 43-10  who Beat Bloomington South 34-10.  One would think Castle should win that game.