Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

1 hour ago, CheapSeats said:

What would a score be if the other 7 teams formed 1 team (with adequate practice and such) and played Gibson Southern?  Just curious about the talent gap between GS and everyone else.  

Gibson Southern         42

Sectional32                 14

thoughts?

What would the score be if GS played a team made up only with Mike Ditkas?

I haven't seen enough of GS to know exactly what their offense looks like.  Obviously they have quite the passing game with Allen at QB.  I'll throw the same question here as I do for Luers in 2A.  If weather negates that passing game some weekend, could that create issues trying to beat a good team or is their running game and defense good enough to get it done should it not be able to move the ball through the air in a regional or semi-state game?

49 minutes ago, XStar said:

I haven't seen enough of GS to know exactly what their offense looks like.  Obviously they have quite the passing game with Allen at QB.  I'll throw the same question here as I do for Luers in 2A.  If weather negates that passing game some weekend, could that create issues trying to beat a good team or is their running game and defense good enough to get it done should it not be able to move the ball through the air in a regional or semi-state game?

It was pouring rain Friday night.  The running game (under center) and short passing game netted 37 points in a half.  In terms of the defense, the first unit didn’t give up a single TD in conference play.

On 10/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, CheapSeats said:

What would a score be if the other 7 teams formed 1 team (with adequate practice and such) and played Gibson Southern?  Just curious about the talent gap between GS and everyone else.  

Gibson Southern         42

Sectional32                 14

thoughts?

Interesting thoughts. I think it would be close but GS still wins that. Another interesting thought for the sake of meaningless conversation...how does GS stack up to the best of the SIAC this year? Would love to see them match up with Jasper, Memorial, or Castle. (FWIW I think GS beats all of them, although Jasper would have the best chance due to their playstyle)

10 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Interesting thoughts. I think it would be close but GS still wins that. Another interesting thought for the sake of meaningless conversation...how does GS stack up to the best of the SIAC this year? Would love to see them match up with Jasper, Memorial, or Castle. (FWIW I think GS beats all of them, although Jasper would have the best chance due to their playstyle)

I like GS vs Jasper...the GS run defense (typically our weakest link) has been really really good.

image.thumb.png.a74ff4c50ec620129b095ca88518a9d0.png

image.thumb.png.a3e75906f518039a1b461ff6e732a7fe.png

Edited by Titan32

38 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

And there's this.

4701F84A-EC21-4E17-B3F7-A78D59319FAF.jpeg

He’s closing in on a number of career/seasonal accomplishments this year.

I believe he has the GS all time passing TDs record…he already has the yardage and completions…he’s nearing sellers single season TDs of I believe 42 set in 2015

also super close to 10k yards and will pass that up on Friday and I think he is 16 off of the IHSAA career passing TDs 

this season is truly a cherry on top to an amazing HS career 

59 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

He’s closing in on a number of career/seasonal accomplishments this year.

I believe he has the GS all time passing TDs record…he already has the yardage and completions…he’s nearing sellers single season TDs of I believe 42 set in 2015

also super close to 10k yards and will pass that up on Friday and I think he is 16 off of the IHSAA career passing TDs 

this season is truly a cherry on top to an amazing HS career 

Brady is a great young man.  He makes all of us on Chickasaw Drive proud.  

9 hours ago, sr1 said:

We still need to raise over $1000 to cover expenses for the Gridiron Digest. Go here if you would like to be a booster. 

If you guys can make it where I don’t have to mess with PayPal you have my money.  

just need a simple interface that I can enter my card # instead of waiting 5-7 days for PayPal with my bank. 

57 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

If you guys can make it where I don’t have to mess with PayPal you have my money.  

just need a simple interface that I can enter my card # instead of waiting 5-7 days for PayPal with my bank. 

Maybe you need a new bank..LOL.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Maybe you need a new bank..LOL.

I like my bank though 

it’s just PayPal I have problems with….which PayPal is an outdated financial system in today’s world 

I could send the money so fast if the gridirondigest just had a Facebook page or a simple normal pay window…but since it uses PayPal or check it’s just too much of a hassle for me lol  

33 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I like my bank though 

it’s just PayPal I have problems with….which PayPal is an outdated financial system in today’s world 

I could send the money so fast if the gridirondigest just had a Facebook page or a simple normal pay window…but since it uses PayPal or check it’s just too much of a hassle for me lol  

PayPal is much more secure than putting your credit card in a database....it's not outdated just because it's not VENMO you damn Generation Z, ZZ, ZZZ whatever you are.  LMAO!

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

PayPal is much more secure than putting your credit card in a database....it's not outdated just because it's not VENMO you damn Generation Z, ZZ, ZZZ whatever you are.  LMAO!

I’m a millennial lol  the last year of them at least

I get why PayPal is used since its donation based but it’s just too much working around BS for me to do it

the site admin should just find me on Facebook and I’ll send him $50 there