Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2021 State Championship Games

4 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Kid’s got a surprising amount of power and tackle breaking ability as well for his frame. I know he played RB at Calumet, but Merrillville’s been moving him around out wide, in the slot, and in the backfield. He’s definitely been a huge addition to their offense. 

Kid is an electronic sub 11 second guy in the 100 meter dash which is pretty damn impressive but not always a clear indicator of “football speed” some will tell you.

That being said, the hyperbole that he’s “the fastest kid I’ve ever seen with running back power and moves” either means this poster hasn’t witnessed much football in his/her lifetime or is exaggerating greatly.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Marshall-46125770/

I don’t believe P5 was ever mentioned.

Slightly off topic/on topic

i am curious to know the extent that Covid has set back the recruiting process for many of the student athletes across the US/indiana…we probably won’t know for a few years but when you read about a great young kid making waves, it kinda makes you wonder how much cancelled camps and all that delayed getting the exposure for the recruiting process.  

don’t know if this even applies to this young man…sounds like he is pretty good and will be playing on saturdays in the future and I look forward to following along 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Kid is an electronic sub 11 second guy in the 100 meter dash which is pretty damn impressive but not always a clear indicator of “football speed” some will tell you.

That being said, the hyperbole that he’s “the fastest kid I’ve ever seen with running back power and moves” either means this poster hasn’t witnessed much football in his/her lifetime or is exaggerating greatly.

Sub 11 6'2 215 would fit the bill a little better..imho..

I have been watching HSFootball for over 40 years! I followed Hobart football through the late  70’s to the late 80’s. In  my time I  have watched Rod Woodson, Vaughn Dunbar , Tank Adams , Martell France to name a few. After Don Howell left I started going to games that were highlighted as the big games north of Indianapolis.  
The kid from Merrillville has the quickest 3 step start that I have seen in a long time. Granted I am old , but he is right there with his explosiveness. 

• Like 1

Bollerup I agree with you, he is Merrillville's homerun hitter. He is not a WR, he is dangerous in the slot where no HS really has an athlete or scheme to account for how someone as fast as him can stress the middle of the field. I would take make chances double teaming him every play and single up on the outside. Angel Nelson does not hold the ball very long, they have a very quick passing game that relies on RAC and so far this year no one has stopped it. Last year they relied a lot on the homerun with Hardy and JoJo, they are more high percentage the year, passing to the back as well. 

1 hour ago, Boilerup said:

I have been watching HSFootball for over 40 years! I followed Hobart football through the late  70’s to the late 80’s. In  my time I  have watched Rod Woodson, Vaughn Dunbar , Tank Adams , Martell France to name a few. After Don Howell left I started going to games that were highlighted as the big games north of Indianapolis.  
The kid from Merrillville has the quickest 3 step start that I have seen in a long time. Granted I am old , but he is right there with his explosiveness. 

So hyperbole it was.  

A slight step back from the “Fastest High school player I have witnessed with running back power and moves.”

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

So hyperbole it was.  

A slight step back from the “Fastest High school player I have witnessed with running back power and moves.”

http://www.hudl.com/v/2FsEK5 

I would say his speed, power, and agility look pretty impressive to me. Fastest HS player I have seen live maybe not but would be up there on the list (Terry McLaurin was pretty fast and elusive among a few others). Definitely has all 3 attributes though speed, power, and agility.

• Like 1