Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2021 State Championship Games

26 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Before you make drunk comments before bed maybe you should click to see who is making the comments about GS this year…(Hint: it’s the other teams fans who are the most bold) 

Oh I’ve been on the GID for a looooong time and guess what? (Hint: the GD accounts have been the most bold) You must not have been here during the peak of the dumb comments around 2015 and 2016. Nice try son

1 minute ago, Moonshiners said:

Oh I’ve been on the GID for a looooong time and guess what? (Hint: the GD accounts have been the most bold) You must not have been here during the peak of the dumb comments around 2015 and 2016. Nice try son

Someone is a closet GS fan!  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Moonshiners said:

Ive been here since 2012 😏

2015 was warranted

2016 we were ranked #1 all year but lost our QB week 9. 

again, look at who is saying what.  GS fans are confident sure, but we have been served too much humble pie that the people pounding the table for state or whatever are mostly outside of the GS fan base. 

shoot GS fans have been openly criticized this year because the approach of “one game at a time” is too soft for the likings of other fans lol

12 hours ago, Moonshiners said:

Don’t pay any attention to that GS love fest. Every year they think they have Barry sanders, emmitt smith, and Tom Brady on their team. When they don’t make it to state they get real quiet…and hope no one remembers all the comments they made about being as good as Alabama or Ski. Most of them think they should have won at least 30 football state titles in the last 9 years.

Not Ski…no way!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Before you make drunk comments before bed maybe you should click to see who is making the comments about GS this year…(Hint: it’s the other teams fans who are the most bold) 

This seems accurate to me.  The guy in this thread that is saying they are 2 TD's better than anyone else is listed as a Southridge fan.  I'd say most of the comments I've read from GS fans are of the cautiously optimistic variety which is probably exactly how I'd be if I were a fan.....which I kind of am right now just because of Allen going to Purdue.  If they walk through the tournament unchallenged, good for them.  Wouldn't mind seeing it a bit.  I just think they will be challenged if they face Danville and then Brebeuf.  Still alot of games to be played to get to that point though.    

18 minutes ago, XStar said:

This seems accurate to me.  The guy in this thread that is saying they are 2 TD's better than anyone else is listed as a Southridge fan.  I'd say most of the comments I've read from GS fans are of the cautiously optimistic variety which is probably exactly how I'd be if I were a fan.....which I kind of am right now just because of Allen going to Purdue.  If they walk through the tournament unchallenged, good for them.  Wouldn't mind seeing it a bit.  I just think they will be challenged if they face Danville and then Brebeuf.  Still alot of games to be played to get to that point though.    

Some might argue Lawrenceburg could be better than Danville.  I’m sure STC would.

30 minutes ago, XStar said:

Truthfully…I just want GS to win sectional 32. It’s a challenge every year and it’s been 6 years since GS has made it out of there.  We all know the other teams for a potential playoff matchup after that, but winning the sectional has to be achieved first

we all seen what happened with Jasper this last week with northview who was 7-1 now 8-1…Mt. Vernon was 8-1 and we took care of business…now we got 6-2 salem…if we manage that we likely face 9-2 Heritage Hills assuming they beat bosse. 

that’s a sectional path of 23-5 potentially.  It’s tough sledding every week 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, Moonshiners said:

Don’t pay any attention to that GS love fest. Every year they think they have Barry sanders, emmitt smith, and Tom Brady on their team. When they don’t make it to state they get real quiet…and hope no one remembers all the comments they made about being as good as Alabama or Ski. Most of them think they should have won at least 30 football state titles in the last 9 years.

Looks like an Evansville "Jimtown" resident is upset that Jimtown's Disney World "Fall Festival" is over for the year!

11 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Looks like an Evansville "Jimtown" resident is upset that Jimtown's Disney World "Fall Festival" is over for the year!

Ah it looks like Cletus of the GS faithful has finally chimed in. Did you find your next wife down at the festival this year or did your sister turn down your pronto pup proposal?

2 minutes ago, Moonshiners said:

Ah it looks like Cletus of the GS faithful has finally chimed in. Did you find your next wife down at the festival this year or did your sister turn down your pronto pup proposal?

You live closer to Kentucky than the rest of us lol.  Plus don’t you know? Nobody at Gibson Southern actually lives in gibson county…just ask everyone else, they will tell ya! 

• Haha 2

Marshall is probably the fastest ball carrier in the Region with the ball in his hand, another great pickup for the Pirates. As I mentioned before, I will be interested to see how he is used against Westfield if they play. If he stayed at Calumet, they would have easily won the sectional again. 

2 hours ago, Moonshiners said:

Lmao!  Everybody knows you don’t marry Evansville girls…Especially ones from around the Franklin Street area.  Something ‘bout milk and free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

Marshall is probably the fastest ball carrier in the Region with the ball in his hand, another great pickup for the Pirates. As I mentioned before, I will be interested to see how he is used against Westfield if they play. If he stayed at Calumet, they would have easily won the sectional again. 

Kid’s got a surprising amount of power and tackle breaking ability as well for his frame. I know he played RB at Calumet, but Merrillville’s been moving him around out wide, in the slot, and in the backfield. He’s definitely been a huge addition to their offense.