Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Decatur Central (sectional 13 final)

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Uhh Chatard was a top 5 team regardless of class last year. They aren’t better this year than last year. 

I agree with that.  I thought the 2020 schedule was a gauntlet.  The Cathedral record last year was super impressive.  Given a senior super experienced QB, I just assumed the 2020 team was better based on what they did with that schedule.  (not arguing...just my thought)  Not only was the 2020 schedule a monster, but almost all the victories was by a comfortable margin.

15 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

The truest of all true statements, anybody that says otherwise is a F’n idiot. 

please don’t strike me with a hammer @Irishman 

you know what they say...takes one to know one......

Look at that 2020 schedule...compare it to the 2021 schedule....I don't believe its that open and shut when it comes to 20 vs 21.  And I've seen them both play....as well as a lot of Cathedral games over the past 8 years or so.  2021 is really good....I just struggle putting them above some others.  Don't mean to anger some Dads.  

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

you know what they say...takes one to know one......

Look at that 2020 schedule...compare it to the 2021 schedule....I don't believe its that open and shut when it comes to 20 vs 21.  And I've seen them both play....as well as a lot of Cathedral games over the past 8 years or so.  2021 is really good....I just struggle putting them above some others.  Don't mean to anger some Dads.  

That’s fine I’m a F’n idiot, so I guess I do know them when I see them… thanks player. 

18 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Uhh Chatard was a top 5 team regardless of class last year. They aren’t better this year than last year. 

I agree, but they are probably playing their best football of the year right now and the same can be said of other teams mentioned.  Still a lot of season left.  

On 11/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Olympian06 said:

I’ll revise my comment then.. this team is WAY better than the 2019 team. 2020 was better than the 19’ team, and 2021 is better than the 20’ team. Not even close between the 19’ and 21’ team. 

I haven't read this entire thread, but this year's Irish are no where near as good as 2020.  2020 may have been the toughest schedule in my years of watching Cathedral football and they came 16.4 seconds from an unbeaten team.  Defensively this year's team is better, but on balance  the 2020 team was one of the best in the history of Cathedral football.  IMO, only the 1963 team, they only allowed 18 points the entire season, and the 11996 team were on par with the 2020 team.

Looking forward to Friday night and some dry weather,  I hope.  It's playoff time!!!!

• Like 1

I finally managed to work my way through the rest of this thread, and it's amusing that there are those who have never seen a Cathedral game in person, or has seen very few, that know so much about the school and it's football team.  For a school with only 1062 students, some of those not eligible to play football by gender, the Irish seem to do well enough to get these type of responses from non fans.  I find that to be somewhat of an honor to get this kind of reaction.  Hate the Irish or love the Irish, the Irish play their hearts out, most of the time.  No, the Irish aren't the greatest of all time, but they play hard, against anyone, anywhere.

14 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

For a school with only 1062 students, some of those not eligible to play football by gender

Whatever. As a Catholic myself, I have a ton of respect for all Catholic football programs. Kudos to Cathedral for building the program they have. But don't give us any BS about "only" having 1062 students. They don't have a feeder system and draw from a metropolis of 2 million people. 

31 minutes ago, BTF said:

Whatever. As a Catholic myself, I have a ton of respect for all Catholic football programs. Kudos to Cathedral for building the program they have. But don't give us any BS about "only" having 1062 students. They don't have a feeder system and draw from a metropolis of 2 million people. 

They draw from who applies genius. Cathedral has an acceptance rate of >80% and with a typical freshman class being ~350 students that means they typically receive 450-500 applicants a year. A lot of the students who apply to Cathedral also apply to Chatard, Brebeuf, Guerin, etc and ultimately go there there paving the way for students who were initially waitlisted to gain acceptance. Simply put, if you apply to Cathedral, you’re likely getting in. 

Any student in Central Indiana can theoretically choose to go wherever they want with open enrollment being instituted so save it.

Edited by Footballking16

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They draw from who applies genius. Cathedral has an acceptance rate of >80% and with a typical freshman class being ~350 students that means they typically receive 450-500 applicants a year. A lot of the students who apply to Cathedral also apply to Chatard, Brebeuf, Guerin, etc and ultimately go there there paving the way for students who were initially waitlisted to gain acceptance. Simply put, if you apply to Cathedral, you’re likely getting in. 

Any student in Central Indiana can theoretically choose to go wherever they want with open enrollment being instituted so save it.

No boundaries...................2 million. Cathedral's advantage trumps Carmel's with an enrollment of 5000. There's not a person on this forum with an IQ over 70 who wants to hear about Cathedral's "disadvantage" of having only 1062 students. I've said my piece. I have too much respect for the Cathedral program to engage in this outlandish claim that Cathedral has persevered despite having "only" a limited number of students. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BTF said:

No boundaries...................2 million. Cathedral's advantage trumps Carmel's with an enrollment of 5000. There's not a person on this forum with an IQ over 70 who wants to hear about Cathedral's "disadvantage" of having only 1062 students. I've said my piece. I have too much respect for the Cathedral program to engage in this outlandish claim that Cathedral has persevered despite having "only" a limited number of students. 

Open enrollment kills your no boundaries argument. Every public high school in Indianapolis has the ability to take a student from the same 2 million people that Cathedral does. I understand and respect your wishes to bow out of this argument, it’s for your own good.

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Open enrollment kills your no boundaries argument. Every public high school in Indianapolis has the ability to take a student from the same 2 million people that Cathedral does. I understand and respect your wishes to bow out of this argument, it’s for your own good.

Now do the "type" of student athlete that "applies" at Cathedral in comparison to other schools of similar size.

Say it...you know you want to.

• Like 3

IMO, the continuation of this thread  proves my point.  You either love 'em or hate 'em, there's no, or not much, in between.

Cathedral is a small school, neighborhood locked, that has no place to expand and therefore very few voucher recipients.  I took an entrance exam in 1957 and the same criteria applies today.  Our young men, and women, work hard at their sport year around and they have extremely good coaching.  The academics are pretty good also.

8 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

IMO, the continuation of this thread  proves my point.  You either love 'em or hate 'em, there's no, or not much, in between.

Cathedral is a small school, neighborhood locked, that has no place to expand and therefore very few voucher recipients.  I took an entrance exam in 1957 and the same criteria applies today.  Our young men, and women, work hard at their sport year around and they have extremely good coaching.  The academics are pretty good also.

Neither honestly.  Just want transparency, that’s all.

Denying Cathedral’s advantages is one thing…having the nerve to imply they are actually at a DISADVANTAGE is next level delusion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

You talk about Cathedral more than some of the people on here actually support Cathedral. You care about Cathedral entirely WAY too much. Clearly. 

Nah, I just call people out on their bullshit which you don't like.  You could insert any school name.