Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

38 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I believe in last years sectional game vs Linton, someone in a thread on here said MD had 75 on their sectional roster. 

I believe that is the max amount that can be rostered for the tournament.

10 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Not bad for a school with around 550 students

On a non-football related note, Memorial needs to do something to lift their enrollment.  That’s pathetic - particularly considering the expanded availability of vouchers.  This new president has his work cut out for him.

19 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Numbers Memorial 

9th -12th just shy of 70 

7th - 8th  just shy of 40 

Speaking of Memorial’s roster, I’ve heard that a senior who had significant playing time last year and was expected to get a lot this year is no longer with the team.  I’m not mentioning his name until I can confirm it.

5 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Speaking of Memorial’s roster, I’ve heard that a senior who had significant playing time last year and was expected to get a lot this year is no longer with the team.  I’m not mentioning his name until I can confirm it.

That’s concerning

Unfortunately those things happen every year in every program. Kids get jobs, decide they like girls more than football, don't like their position or playing time or just lose the desire to play. Everyone has to deal with it on some level. That is why having numbers is so important. To be successful you have to have the "next man up" on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Unfortunately those things happen every year in every program. Kids get jobs, decide they like girls more than football, don't like their position or playing time or just lose the desire to play. Everyone has to deal with it on some level. That is why having numbers is so important. To be successful you have to have the "next man up" on the roster. 

That’s true.  Kids go through a lot of life changes at that age.  And that often leads to them making decisions to go a different direction.

2 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

That’s true.  Kids go through a lot of life changes at that age.  And that often leads to them making decisions to go a different direction.

It's sad too because kids don't realize they will never get that time on the field with their friends back. You will work the rest of your life, but you only have four years to play high school football. I know some kids don't have a choice but for those who do I hate to see them quit, especially since most of don't quit to work. They quit to hang out with their girlfriend or to do things they shouldn't be doing. 

44 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I can’t edit or delete this post.  So I’ll just respond to it by saying that the kid I was referring to was at practice today — which is why I didn’t want to mention any names.

Just now, MHSTigerFan said:

I can’t edit or delete this post.  So I’ll just respond to it by saying that the kid I was referring to was at practice today — which is why I didn’t want to mention any names.

Good deal. Hope he sticks with it. Could be some great memories for him 

18 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I remember seeing a Juan Jurley tweet complaining about parents, wonder if it was related to this senior? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

8U travel baseball teams. *Blech* Would much rather drive by and see those kids playing some sort of sandlot ball or shooting hoops in a drive way. Or, even better, playing tackle football in a field with their buddies.

I'm sure the tweet was in reference to some of the same Facebook posts I have seen the last month.  Evidently there has been some young Diocesan athletes winning baseball championships this summer. 

One eastside team even got rings for winning a World Series championship.  They played in Owensboro and beat a team from South Gibson.  It's a small world, after all. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I'm sure the tweet was in reference to some of the same Facebook posts I have seen the last month.  Evidently there has been some young Diocesan athletes winning baseball championships this summer. 

One eastside team even got rings for winning a World Series championship.  They played in Owensboro and beat a team from South Gibson.  It's a small world, after all. 

Even the 8 year olds can't hide from those cheating Catholics!  😆

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

How many transfers does Gibson have on this years team that weren't even in school their last season???  3 or 4?? Just wondering.

Less than that.  But you're right....we have a lot of damn Catholics LOL.

17 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Less than that.  But you're right....we have a lot of damn Catholics LOL.

More Catholics and now more Warwick County residents than Memorial. Lol

Just don’t start sending a bus to Henderson or they will have to send the Bishop after you. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

More Catholics and now more Warwick County residents than Memorial. Lol

Just don’t start sending a bus to Henderson or they will have to send the Bishop after you. 

Warrick. Warrick. My kingdom for an edit button.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Anyone know when the Sagarin ratings comes out? 

Keep in mind Sagarin isn't a poll...but rather a statistical tool based on game data.  No games...no data.  This is why you hear folks talk about the fact that it is worthless until about game 4 or 5 and even then if you play in a closed conference no statistical tie ins to other parts of the state can be made.

16 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Keep in mind Sagarin isn't a poll...but rather a statistical tool based on game data.  No games...no data.  This is why you hear folks talk about the fact that it is worthless until about game 4 or 5 and even then if you play in a closed conference no statistical tie ins to other parts of the state can be made.

I usually use it for spread on games to give me an idea of an outcome, but what you said is completely true. Since I remember during the first week of the tournament, the spread for the Memorial-Northview game had Northview by like 28. 

7 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Warrick. Warrick. My kingdom for an edit button.

Lol…if it’s any consolation, in British English Warwick and Warrick are homophones.

If you ever go outside London and ask for a ticket to Warwick Castle, just pretend it’s the county in which Boonville and Newburgh are located and they won’t look at you funny.