Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

44 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Interesting that our friend seal_63 rarely makes a post without the full term "Levi Salters" or "Salters" being mentioned in the post.  Perhaps nothing, but interesting none the less.  Name recognition is important.

Lol. So what? I’m glad you’re so observing. I’ll be sure to tone it down to avoid any suspicion. 

Football signings

Bosse

Breylin Behme- SMWC

Adonimi Parker- SMWC

Jeffery Lapointe- SMWC

DeBryan Bush- SMWC

Hurley Esters- Bethel

Ashon Stewart- Bethel

Castle

Hayden Gorman- IWU

Kris Butler- ISU

Richard Myers- ISU

Evan Reff- ISU

Evan Pritchard- IWU

Adam Watson- Taylor 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, tango said:

Heard they picked up several from Central who've all been released for full participation?

Not sure this is true. Obviously there's been some rumblings about many players leaving, but it's not that easy. If anything I think maybe Memorial got one and Reitz got one so far, if they've even been released. Of course there is still plenty of time for things to happen, especially when the school year ends. Could get interesting though.

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not sure this is true. Obviously there's been some rumblings about many players leaving, but it's not that easy. If anything I think maybe Memorial got one and Reitz got one so far, if they've even been released. Of course there is still plenty of time for things to happen, especially when the school year ends. Could get interesting though.

Yes, a former player from Central has enrolled at Memorial but last I heard he has not been released and is going through IHSAA appeal.  

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I knew they were pretty young last year, I believe they return 8 or 9 starters on their defense. Will be interesting to see if or how much they improve in that department.

I believe Panther said 8 of them are sophomores, very young like 2020 Memorial. Offense will be a question Mark with a QB and RB (although Burnett is a good substitute). Receiver wise, they seem to be well

Edited by TigerFan20

51 minutes ago, tango said:

Yes, a former player from Central has enrolled at Memorial but last I heard he has not been released and is going through IHSAA appeal.  

Okay, thought so. I don't know exactly how the process works but I assume it is not all black and white. Might work out for some of them but I would guess it is fairly complicated to make it work.

37 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I believe Panther said 8 of them are sophomores, very young like 2020 Memorial. Offense will be a question Mark with a QB and RB (although Burnett is a good substitute). Receiver wise, they seem to be well

That sounds right, and a couple of them were juniors. Lots of experience on their defensive side. You are right about their offense, as they have to replace a majority of the unit. QB is a huge ? for them, and unless they have a QB transfer in, I wouldn't think they have many good options. I know they have a really talented 8th grade QB but highly doubt he would start as a freshman. Maybe the JV starter or the Vera kid? IMO their offense requires a serviceable QB so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out for them. I think Burnett will do well at RB, he was doing well last year until he got hurt and Smith took over full time. I agree on the WRs, they should be really solid.

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

That sounds right, and a couple of them were juniors. Lots of experience on their defensive side. You are right about their offense, as they have to replace a majority of the unit. QB is a huge ? for them, and unless they have a QB transfer in, I wouldn't think they have many good options. I know they have a really talented 8th grade QB but highly doubt he would start as a freshman. Maybe the JV starter or the Vera kid? IMO their offense requires a serviceable QB so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out for them. I think Burnett will do well at RB, he was doing well last year until he got hurt and Smith took over full time. I agree on the WRs, they should be really solid.

From what I remember, I guess there were talks about the JV/freshman being potentially being the QB starter. I don’t know much about the offensive side for Reitz, since the focus is towards the defensive sides. Pretty sure they have to rebuild their some of the OL unit, but I’m sure they have some guys lined up or 2 way players to be involved. Personally, their QB situation is extremely important as the 2 QBs listed on the unofficial aren’t huge at all compared to Reitz previous years. Whoever will the starting job is going to have plenty weapons to choose from, Reitz will be improved in my opinion. Going to be fun a season in the busted wide SIAC

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

You are correct. 8 sophomores either started or saw extensive minutes on the defensive side of the ball including three of the four Defensive backs, and four of six defensive linemen on a rotational basis. Throw in the younger Oxley boy at MLB, there are the 8 I can currently think of. 

37 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

You are correct. 8 sophomores either started or saw extensive minutes on the defensive side of the ball including three of the four Defensive backs, and four of six defensive linemen on a rotational basis. Throw in the younger Oxley boy at MLB, there are the 8 I can currently think of. 

How will Reitz look at the QB/ O-Line situation, get a good offense going and Reitz has the potential to be a dark horse 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

How will Reitz look at the QB/ O-Line situation, get a good offense going and Reitz has the potential to be a dark horse 

QB is all currently rumor and speculation, so as of now, no comment on that (although it seems there is quite a bit of meat on the bone at a rumor going around currently), but O-line should be very solid. No real hits to it as most were also underclassmen (only one senior I believe last year). Two biggest things to watch this season with Reitz is the growth of the defense, and if a freshman will be starting at running back. 

Not saying it will happen, but the kid is an extremely dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands. 

You will probably find out about a QB before I do. 

• Like 1