Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

24 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

but O-line should be very solid. No real hits to it as most were also underclassmen (only one senior I believe last year)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the C and RG were seniors, but Reitz should be fine in the trenches, especially the D-line if the weights are correct

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the C and RG were seniors, but Reitz should be fine in the trenches, especially the D-line if the weights are correct

I think they only return one starter on the OL. But I’m guessing they have some capable OLmen in the loaded sophomore class that will step in. RBs and WRs will be solid. Defense will be experienced at least. For them it all comes down to the QB situation and how good the new OL is whether they will be a contender or not. 

7 hours ago, tango said:

Yes, a former player from Central has enrolled at Memorial but last I heard he has not been released and is going through IHSAA appeal.  

LOL…he transferred from a public school to a parochial school.  And he’s appealing to an IHSAA that is not only dominated by public school administrators, but almost openly hostile to P/P athletics.

They’d let him transfer to North or Bosse - just as he transferred from Westfield to Central.  But there’s no way on earth they’ll let him transfer to Memorial with full eligibility.

FTR, Porter reportedly hated Central and he felt like it was not a good environment for him academically.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

50 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

LOL…he transferred from a public school to a parochial school.  And he’s appealing to an IHSAA that is not only dominated by public school administrators, but almost openly hostile to P/P athletics.

They’d let him transfer to North or Bosse - just as he transferred from Westfield to Central.  But there’s no way on earth they’ll let him transfer to Memorial with full eligibility.

FTR, Porter reportedly hated Central and he felt like it was not a good environment for him academically.

I already knew all that. Known it for years... Also know the kids who went to Reitz have been cleared. Because the EVSC and IHSAA is all about the kids...

57 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Trust me...public to public doesn't get a free pass.  

6 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Yep.

Sorry, I didn't think that through and should clarify. One not released by other school (that was where my brain went with "denied"); not sure that that instance was appealed to IHSAA.

Edited by Esso Ayche
Gramma.

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Trust me...public to public doesn't get a free pass.  

No.  But it has a heckuva lot better chance of clearing Rule 19-4 than public to private.

So, yeah, Curt Hopf failed to convince them he wanted to go to Barr-Reeve from FP for reasons other than athletics.  But, as I recall, his parents made that an easy decision by trying to dictate what position he played to enhance his college prospects.

But I’d argue that he’s the exception, not the rule.

51 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

If this is true, what is driving the exodus from Central? Only a couple of years ago they were the landing spot for most transfers. 

Heard rumors of players not buying into Coach ZirkelBach’s culture (some are) and some other things within the program 

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

If they can’t handle coach Z at Central they have ZERO chance of lasting 1 week with Hurley.  

Well, it’s only one player.  He transferred to Central after a season at Westfield.  His mother lives in the Carmel area, his dad is from Evansville.

And his gripe with Central wasn’t Zirkelbach, but that his grades had suffered in what he thought wasn’t a great academic environment.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

10 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Well, it’s only one player.  He transferred to Central after a season at Westfield.  His mother lives in the Carmel area, his dad is from Evansville.

And his gripe with Central wasn’t Zirkelbach, but that his grades had suffered in what he thought wasn’t a great academic environment.

If the student is willing to pay tuition for an environment with like minded success driven student athletes so be it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

If the student is willing to pay tuition for an environment with like minded success driven student athletes so be it.

I agree (obviously).  But, if I was Porter Rode, I wouldn’t mold my mouthpiece just yet.

I should point out that we have had at least some transfers in from public schools without loss of eligibility.

The most recent I can think of was Xavier Tyler, who came from Bosse.  I don’t know if his xfer was challenged.  But his dad is a Memorial alum and that might have worked in his favor.

Rode’s father is a Bosse grad, I think.

Xavier Thomas - track star and football player for Harrison in Fall 2021 has changed his Twitter bio to RHS and #PantherNation.

Says he is looking forward to running track this spring and playing football in the fall for the Panthers.  

Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to: I wonder if he will have transfer eligibility issues? 

6 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Xavier Thomas - track star and football player for Harrison in Fall 2021 has changed his Twitter bio to RHS and #PantherNation.

Says he is looking forward to running track this spring and playing football in the fall for the Panthers.  

Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to: I wonder if he will have transfer eligibility issues? 

Huge news for the Panthers, Harrison didn’t update their stats after Week 2. So I do not know how well he did last season (wasn’t on the MaxPreps roster either). Another great addition to Reitz Receiver Corp coming in at 6’2 185 4.45 40 dash. Also a big hit to a struggling Harrison squad..

Maybe it’s time for an way to early preseason 👀