Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

On 3/30/2022 at 2:42 PM, Titan32 said:

Meet Michael Jasaitis the "region" lawyer with a 100% success rate against the IHSAA in transfer cases.  He is the guy Neidig no longer wants in the room so that he can bully unsophisticated parents.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/02/23/ihsaa-transfer-process-under-fire-claims-bullying-being-unprofessional-indiana-eligibility-review/6751342002/

This article is wild. Not a good look for the ihsaa when multiple judges have admonished them for their behavior in these transfer hearings. But proud that a fellow region rat has been the one to take them to task on it. 

5 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

It's worth pointing out that Porter Rode has transferred twice:  once from Westfield to Ev. Central after his freshman year, then from Ev. Central to Ev. Memorial after his 1st semester sophomore year.

Yea. That drive from Evansville to Westfield each day would have been a tough deal. Not sure that move had anything to do with athletics. 

8 hours ago, Screagle said:

Central has biggest questions. The sophomore to be, Davis, transferring to Reitz and Herdes is rumored to be focusing on baseball and basketball. 

Not sure there is any truth to that. But if Davies does go, they might become a legit contender in the SIAC for the next few years. There have been rumblings about Herdes not playing but that would lead me to believe Davies would stay at Central to take over as QB. 

Not sure who Bosse, VL, or Harrison has next up.

North will probably have a QB battle between the McKinney kid and the younger QB.

Castle will probably start the Gordon kid unless they get a transfer. 

Jasper has Grant Young back which is good for their offense.

2 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not sure there is any truth to that. But if Davies does go, they might become a legit contender in the SIAC for the next few years.

Davis not as good as the kid they already have IMO. 

Edited by Screagle

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not sure there is any truth to that.

I can’t imagine the AD at Central was lying when she stopped me to talk about Davis leaving and them using adjustment transfer as the reason but I guess anything is possible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Screagle said:

Yea. That drive from Evansville to Westfield each day would have been a tough deal. Not sure that move had anything to do with athletics. 

I didn’t say it did.  His mother lives near Westfield and his father lives in Evansville.  Other than his family situation, I don’t know what played into that transfer.

I’m just saying, in light of the comment about athletes getting a freebie, that this was his second transfer.

I’ve heard that he found the learning environment at Central bad, his grades were suffering for it, and that he’s done much better at Memorial.

16 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I’m intrigued with Reitz Defense for next year 

Reitz gave up 40 points on average when not including their games vs Bosse, Harrison and VL.  
Best D IMO will be close between the following 3   

Castle 

Memorial 

MD 

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

Reitz gave up 40 points on average when not including their games vs Bosse, Harrison and VL.  
Best D IMO will be close between the following 3   

Castle 

Memorial 

MD 

Memorial has a lot of guys to replace on D : Shea, A. Farmer, Russell, Agler, Rogers, Filbert, Scheberle were all regular starters.  Tyler, Dehner, and a few others got some reps.

But if anybody can pull that off, it’s Ben Johnson.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Memorial has a lot of guys to replace on D : Shea, A. Farmer, Russell, Agler, Rogers, Filbert, Scheberle were all regular starters.  Tyler, Dehner, and a few others got some reps.

Having Farmer, and K Collins is big for the D-Line, literally 

3 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Ben Johnson

All good players and I argue they’ve replaced equal if not better groups and keep moving forward. 

9 minutes ago, eschnur66 said:

Don't sleep on the defense at North. Deepest group of up front talent on a single team that the area has seen for some time. Big, physical, athletic, experienced, and all are juniors. Even better that they are great kids.

They will be solid too, gut some great players on it. Offense is a little question Mark regarding QB/some O-line

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

Don't sleep on the defense at North. Deepest group of up front talent on a single team that the area has seen for some time. Big, physical, athletic, experienced, and all are juniors. Even better that they are great kids.

Pretty big statement considering the defensive talent on Centrals state runner up team along with Memorials 17, 18, and 19 groups.  Especially EM 18 & 19.  Athletes all over the field on D. 

7 hours ago, Screagle said:

Pretty big statement considering the defensive talent on Centrals state runner up team along with Memorials 17, 18, and 19 groups.  Especially EM 18 & 19.  Athletes all over the field on D. 

You are not wrong, but this group is pretty special. If they continue to progress at their current rate, there are multiple guys with extremely high ceilings!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 5:09 PM, TigerFan20 said:

I’m intrigued with Reitz Defense for next year 

I don't see it happening but I do think the Reitz D has the potential to be a top 3 defense if their young guys have matured and improved. I would say the best D this year will be Castle. As far as offenses go, based on knowledge of key returnees, losses, and additions....I would say the top 3 scoring offenses will be Memorial, Reitz, and MD. I think Jasper, Castle, and North will be able to win games while not scoring a whole lot.                          

11 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I don't see it happening but I do think the Reitz D has the potential to be a top 3 defense if their young guys have matured and improved. I would say the best D this year will be Castle. As far as offenses go, based on knowledge of key returnees, losses, and additions....I would say the top 3 scoring offenses will be Memorial, Reitz, and MD. I think Jasper, Castle, and North will be able to win games while not scoring a whole lot.                          

Sounds about right, wouldn’t say Reitz will be the overall #1 defense during the season, but at least in the Top 5 if they hold up to their potential.

Offenses will be interesting depending on how Rode situation will look next month, but I like Memorial’s O right now. Whoever gets behind center for North will be having a lot of weapons in St. Louis, Mitchell, and Northington. Mater Dei will have a fun offense under Wunderlich once they figure out some pieces. Same with Castle, some studs on the offensive front, they just need a QB now. Jasper losing Foley will hurt the receiving game, but Jasper always has a replacement.