Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

Just a quick question. Has an SIAC ever had as bad a year as this year’s Central team? Winless, shutout in 7 out of 10 games, 26 points scored in 10 games, and giving up 393 points this season. 

I can’t remember one, and both Harrison and Bosse had some pretty bad teams in the early part of this decade. 

Edited by TransplantedPanther

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Just a quick question. Has an SIAC ever had as bad a year as this year’s Central team? Winless, shutout in 7 out of 10 games, 26 points scored in 10 games, and giving up 393 points this season. 

I can’t remember one, and both Harrison and Bosse had some pretty bad teams in the early part of this decade. 

I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago. I think I would go with 2020 Bosse. They were 0-9, only scored 19 points and gave up 400+ points. Missed 1 game because of COVID. 2022 Central is right behind them though. 

2 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Has there ever been a bigger drop off in such a short time? Undefeated conference champs 2 years ago to this year. Is it coaching? Is it transfers? 

33 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Has there ever been a bigger drop off in such a short time? Undefeated conference champs 2 years ago to this year. Is it coaching? Is it transfers? 

Their successful coach Sean Coultis resigned after 2 seasons in Jan 2021 and is now a DC for a HS team in the Jacksonville, FL area.

2 hours ago, tango said:

I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago. I think I would go with 2020 Bosse. They were 0-9, only scored 19 points and gave up 400+ points. Missed 1 game because of COVID. 2022 Central is right behind them though. 

But, if football was played in 2020, and no one was there to see it, was it really played then? 

I jest. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, combthehair said:

IMO Central can thank the culture Andy Owen developed at Central. Win at all cost, disrespect your opponents, hire unqualified friends, and turn a blind eye to all on and off field problems. Just win baby!!! 

They lost back to back HC that could flat out coach but couldn’t straighten out the dumpster fire created by AO.  

Now the program will suffer for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Screagle said:

IMO Central can thank the culture Andy Owen developed at Central. Win at all cost, disrespect your opponents, hire unqualified friends, and turn a blind eye to all on and off field problems. Just win baby!!! 

They lost back to back HC that could flat out coach but couldn’t straighten out the dumpster fire created by AO.  

Now the program will suffer for the foreseeable future.  

It’s going to take a while for Central for  Central to get a top, pretty sure they do not have an 8th grade this year either. Actually, I think they didn’t have a 7th grade team last year